USMC Employee Reviews

Marines
Logistics Officer (Former Employee), USMCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Life long brotherhood; lifechanging experience; structure and training like none other
Cons: Requires exceptional committment that not all can live up to.
The USMC is a good outfit; if you're willing to commit yourself fully and put your own needs behind the needs of others then you can be successful in the Corps. The Marines prides themselves on superior personnel; starting with the earliest recruits and working up to a highly selective process for senior enlisted and officer promotions. This is the secret to maintaining high standards in the Marine Corps - only recruit and promote the best. Not being completely immune to the political correct mandates of politicians, they have made sincere efforts to combat the erosion these actions have on combat readiness. Admitting that this is a constant battle, I think the Corps has done the best job of fighting these social experiments and maintaining a viable fighting force in comparison to all other services. Despite her imperfections, the USMC is a good mistress and if you are willing to give her a reasonable amount of your life, she will reciprocate.
Productive high pace well communicated work enviroment
Avionics Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego CA, Fallon NV, Fairbanks AlaskaAugust 28, 2015
I really enjoyed working for the United States Marine Corps. They provided a high pace environment with plenty of opportunity to succeed individually and as a unit.
USMC
Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Pendelton CaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: very structured lifestyle
Cons: horrible family life, very stressful atmosphere for some
The U.S. Marines was a once in a lifetime chance for me. A typical day was no extant. It would begin at 5 am and end at approximately 6 pm. I learned mainly leadership and and the trades of plumbing and electrical. Also a lot of personnel management, and time management. The management and co-workers, some were brothers and the best of friends. Others were a waste of space to sit and look pretty which at time is need as well for the military. The hardest part of the job was being away from family. Best part of the job was being able to serve and defend my country.
Amazing adventure
Supply Admin (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CAAugust 24, 2015
Got up early ; learned how to work as a team to include my superiors. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I had a part of defending my country.
Productive and great work environment
distribution management specialist (Former Employee), mcas miramar san diego caAugust 24, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: no ac or heat
Everyone was hard working and understanding. It was a very comfortable work environment. Everyone worked together to get the job done and was reliable.
Readied Ammunition and Explosives for training and deployments
Ammunition Technician (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Learning and doing things that not everyone has the chance to do.
Cons: Being away from home months at a time, not know if you will make it home.
Typical work day went from 5:30AM till 4:30PM.

Learned how to communicate well with others and manage the work space for completion of the duties given. Also learned more about the ammuniton and explosives with the knowledge needed to know before handling, packaging, and shipping for a Unit.

Was a Teamleader within my section giving specific duties to each marine in order to complete the mission.

My co-workers were great. Between all of us we would learn from each other on how to do different things in our work space to either be able to complete a mission faster or to keep our marines interested in the work they do.

Hardest part of that job is being away from home months at a time. And having to make sure that the ammuniton or explosive you issued out was in the best quality because their life depended on it.

The most enjoyable part was to see the ammunition or explosive in action at a range. And being able to be honds on in handling it to set it off or to shoot it. Getting to see the hard work you do and being able to go out and see it first hand that what you see and handle every day is for a purpose.
Learning Experience
Marksmanship Coach (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAAugust 21, 2015
It was worth it, I have learned a lot. I started at 7AM to whenever they deemed we could go home. The leadership did their best with who they were working with.
Challenging work environment, fast paced & high tempo
Aviation Electrician (Former Employee), Havelock, NCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free health care, food, housing, etc.
Cons: Extremely stressful & demanding, long hours
Extremely competitive and fast paced environment. Great opportunity for advancement. Dealt with challenges that many people will never face that has inspired me to become the best possible person in and outside of work. Work was very dynamic, involving various roles (aviation electrician, maintenance manager, hazmat & hazwaste rep, safety rep, quality assurance rep, logistics rep). While being pushed to the limits, one is able to achieve more than he would ever imagine. The management can be very questionable at times but instant obedience and willingness to all orders was without question, which was sometimes the hardest part of the job. Fortunate enough to work with such a dynamic group of people all over the world which has given me a new found respect for differences in opinions & culture.
I made some good live long friends
Lance Corporal (Former Employee), twenty nine palms caAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Good physical condition
Cons: You didn't get paied well.
a typical day in the Marine Corps. well you wake up at 0500 work out, take a shower, eat breakfast then go to your duty station.
Great cultural experience.
e-4 (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Unity, being fit, medical, and dental.
Cons: No breaks sometimes, long hours, the heat, and the memories.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with different ethnicities and establishing a higher opportunity for responsibility and advancement. We were handling a lot of life changing events while I was I the corps and it taught me to keep the ball rolling in life. One of the things that I disliked was being away from family and friends. Watching the sadness in peoples faces as they said goodbye to their loved ones. That was really hard.
Loved the USMC
Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Great food
Cons: Had to March in rain
Normal day consisted of waking up at 4 am and running 4 miles. Then back to barracks to shower and change, hit chow hall then to duty station.I loved the Marines that I worked with. It was a great time. Every one enjoyed esprie de Corps and we were doing what needed to be done.
It was the Marines
Special Operations Communications (Former Employee), Sneads Ferry, NCAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Free College
Cons: I really don't need to go into this....Afghanistan? Not seeing your family? Almost dying?
It really wasn't much fun, but I learned many valuable things from working there. The value of life, discipline, hard work, sacrifice, and quite literally, blood, sweat, and tears. My co-workers were fine human beings. I don't think I need to go into to much detail here, most people know what the Marines are.
NO PING PONG JUST THE WORK ITSELF WAS ENJOYABLE
Supply CLERK (Former Employee), WORLD WIDEAugust 9, 2015
Pros: AWAY FROM HOME WHERE DUTY CALL
Cons: STATION IN COUNTRY WHERE U WAS NOT WANTED
FITNESS AND WORK DAILY WHAT EVER YOUR JOB WAS AT THE TIME WHERE U WAS STATION.... WHERE U GOT ORDERS TO GO AND U DID WHAT WAS NEED OF U
Military Life
MP, Mechanic, Transportation Operator (Former Employee), USAAugust 7, 2015
The military is a great place for anyone who wants structure. It will teach you discipline, structure, and self worth. You as an individual will gain dignity, mental, physical, emotional strength. Overall, a new way of life.
N/A
Legal Administration Clerk (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 5, 2015
Plenty of opportunities for growth in different departments,
Great team members,
Good Community,
Pay for overtime is well worth your while.
most difficult, most satisfying
SGT, Avionics Electrician (Former Employee), Yuma, AZAugust 4, 2015
Pros: tremendous diversity of people and situations
Cons: many skills learned were not applicable to civilian life
gratifying, very good experience, I learned much about perseverance
and integrity. I learned a lot about different types of people and how to get along with them and how to be a team player.
Alot of work but worth it.
Rifleman (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCAugust 4, 2015
I loved it,if i did not have a family i would go back today. I miss it, it was an experience like no other. You pick up many skills which in.
review of the marine corps
m1a1 tank crewman (Former Employee), twentynine palms caAugust 4, 2015
Pros: great brotherhood
it was a great oppurtunity to explore the world and different cultures a typical day at work consisted of waking up doing pt and going to work to do maintenance on tanks
Best place to be and the friends are awesome
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAAugust 2, 2015
I wish I can go back and go to war but I got injured. The hardest part was not being able to see my family but my marines quickly became family. I loved my job because I got to supervise and work with my fellow marines at the same time.
Highly productive and motivated work place
Force Deployment Plans Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), San DiegoJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Healthcare and Education benefits
Cons: None
The Marine Corps has individuals from all over the country that come together for mission accomplishment. It is a great place to learn discipline.