USMC

USMC Employer Reviews

Marine Corps pride
Assistant Platoon Sergeant - 9th Communication Bn (Former Employee), Camp PendletonDecember 17, 2014
Pros: being a marine
My experience in the USMC has had no rival. This is by far the best institution to work for and be apart of. The pride of earning the title United States Marine carries enormous weight that will help strengthen your ability to accomplish any task at hand.
United States Marine Corps Artillery
Sergeant (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: extreme work conditions and hours.
Served two tours in Iraq including the initial invasion. Achieved the rank of sergeant in under4 years. Completed every possible course and educational program available with the exception of the Sergeant's course. Proud to have served my country, even more proud to be a Marine.
Semper Fidelis
Warehouse Chief (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 10, 2014
I enjoyed every single day I wore the Marine Corps uniform. Never a dull moment, always something new to learn. Everyday was something new and adventurous. A wonderful experience to anybody that would be interested. No typical day with this organization, excellent management in place to assist and train the younger Marines. The most enjoyable part of – more... the job to me in my opinion was the fact I earned a title that would never be able to be taken from me. – less
Proud Veteran
Sgt - Field Radio Operator (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 10, 2014
The experience and accomplishments I gained through my enlistment I couldn't have gotten anywhere else
Face paced and productive environment
United States Marine (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CADecember 4, 2014
Pros: free medical and dental, good support system, great leadership
Cons: being away from family for years at a time
The day started at 7 PM Monday through Friday. The moment you walk through the door work has started. Getting accountability is first then I would task each Marine with something to do the first half of the day until lunch. The second half would consist of training where I would teach the marines different fundamentals of the workplace and jobs they – more... will be doing. The hardest part of the job was that not every Marine wanted to listen or do something right. I would be the one answering higher up as to why. So it was frustrating to teach and teach and still the Marine wouldn't get it. The most enjoyable is meeting new Marines and teaching and leading them and seeing them succeed. – less
Military work place. Order and discipline. What i expected to find.
Sergeant (Former Employee), Quantico, VADecember 3, 2014
Pros: i served from 1971 to 1981, which was good for me and for my young family.
Cons: i suppose the con would be the deployment overseas without my family, i was never deployed to a war zone, i was deployed to okinawa, japan
My years in the USMC were all good years. I worked staggering hours at first. In a year or so, I was in a regular office environment. I maintained military service records, and reporting information for promotion and pay purposes. I attended appropriate schools for training that complemented my current assignment. I served for a time as a Marine Recruiter, – more... which placed me in a Federal building in the community and in a government issued car to work in the community. i worked in many High Schools, I attended many career day gatherings representing the Marine Corps. – less
Great stepping stone and excellent professional environment to instill great work Ethics
Noncommisioned Officer in charge (Former Employee), Oceanside CaDecember 2, 2014
Pros: educational, medical benifits. job security
Cons: long hours, not so good pay
Great and professional work environment
Superior leadership for mentoring Jr Marines.
Provides many courses to better individuals and different leadership and mentoring tactics.
Continuous long hours and time away from family
very good
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), usaDecember 1, 2014
cool josb bery fun love the marines and would do it again lobed it recomend to any one
Most professional and adept learning experience
Military (Former Employee), USANovember 25, 2014
Pt when the sun rises, go to work and complete assigned tasks, if your tasks are complete for the day your duty is done, even though you are a marine 24/7 your off time is sacred. life long friendships made and lasting memories.
Fun and Reliable Co-Workers
CBRN NCO (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: barracks, chowhall, medical, dental, vision coverage, clothing allowance, paid vacation, retirement fund
Cons: time in field, unpredictable hours
As a Non-Commissioned Officer, I was in charge of two Marines. Balance of Life vs Work was adequate for personal time, however it is difficult to attend college. My co-workers made the job fun and worthwhile.
The hardest part of the job is teaching a class where the students are unwilling to learn. To overcome this challenge, I would make the information – more... relevant to the students and show enthusiasm for the class.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the final exercise to evaluate knowledge learned. The final exercise consists of a mock CBRN incident. Seeing the students react successfully to the incident is rewarding. – less
Great place to earn some real hands on experience at a high tempo
Supply Chain Analyst & Process Improvement Manager (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CANovember 21, 2014
Pros: promotion advancement, recognition, awards, pay raise. lots of time off.
Cons: somedays you can work over 12hrs and you will still get paid the same due to being paid salary.
Nowhere else in the world would you be able to learn how to efficiently manage working under the most stressful situations and remaining 100 % calm and getting the job done. Great way to jumpstart your career and earn real experience.
Interesting and Busy
Postl Clerk (Former Employee), World WideNovember 17, 2014
Managed to run own post office, with minimal supervision, was a cashier. Made schedules, and also a supply manager.
A Great Life Experience
Military Police (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaNovember 16, 2014
Pros: brotherhood, tight knit group, job security, benefits
Cons: constant change of leadership
-A typical day at work was to patrol within in the base and enforce the rules, regulations and Articles of the UCMJ. To uphold the criminal Justice system and Maintain Good order and Discipline aboard Camp Pendleton.

-I learned a lot from the USMC. Good Morals and Values. They made me the man I am today.

-Management I can't really say much about because – more... there was a constant change of leadership.

-My Co-workers are like brothers to me even after getting out I still remain in contact with fellow Marines and we will continue to be in touch.

- The hardest Part of the job is leaving your civilian life where it was and changing your whole life around. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

-Every Moment in the Marine Corps was enjoyable from boot camp all the way to getting my DD-214. – less
Being a Marine Leader is gratifying.
3529- Motor Transport Mainteance Chief (Current Employee), Jacksonville NCNovember 16, 2014
The Building of a team from the ground up is a challenge with a end state of success.
Challenging and rewarding always pushing you to do your best
Communication Chief and Senior Enlisted Advisor (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCNovember 10, 2014
Pros: medical and retirement benefits
Cons: time away from family
Fast-paced, high stress environments requiring attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and quick adaptation to constantly changing priorities.
USMC
Motor Transportation Operator (Former Employee), Camp LejueneNovember 8, 2014
Once and Marine always a Marine. Long days, not much family time if you have one. Meet a lot of interesting people. Do things you never thought possible.
Great Company
Account Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCNovember 7, 2014
Great place to work and learn. Felt apart of the company from the beginning.
Diffcult job but well worth it
UNIT LEADER (Former Employee), California, North Carolina, Iraq and AfghanistanNovember 7, 2014
Pros: brotherhood, pay, heathcare
Cons: physically very demanding, deployments
Day to day work varied. Lots of training which was labor intensive. Obviously good medical and dental plans and pay was very good. Hardest part was deployments away from family. 20 year retirement was a good incentive.
intresting place to work for
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 6, 2014
Pros: great benifits.
Cons: long deployments.
never know what will happen when you will be shipped off or how long. we had our own system on treating the miss behaved Marines and love the whole job. the hardest thing was having to leave the family during deployments.
Summary
instructor (Former Employee), Quantico, VANovember 5, 2014
I am currently going to school and advancing in the healthcare field. I enjoy helping people that are in need. There is nothing to hard about what i am doing now, I just want to gain as much experience as i can while I am in school. I was a Marine for several years and still continue to hold myself to a high standard.

1 2 3 4 5