USMC Employer Reviews

Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: commradery and making life long friends that would give their life for you if necessary.
Cons: the infantry was mentally and physically hard on a daily basis.
I was an Infantry Sergeant in the United States Marine Corp. I was in charge of training of approximately 28 Marines. I trained Marines in Land Navigation, Radio Use, Urban Warfare, Desert Warfare, Jungle Warfare, Cold wear Warfare, pistol and rifle marksmanship. I was also responsible for the welfare and discipline of the Marines assigned under my command.
Radio Operator
Was promoted to rank of Corporal (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: learning how to manage on my own early
Cons: n/a
Provided discipline and responsibility at a young age. Allowed me to see the world for what it is and provided a sense of Honor by serving our country in a Post 9/11 world.
great job
Tactical Data Systems Maintainer and Operator (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCFebruary 25, 2015
The Marine Corps has been around for over 230 years. It is a great job with tons of room for advancement. many many opportunities to travel and learn new things and experience new cultures
Very Productive and Stressful Environment
IMRL Manager (Former Employee), Miramar< CAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: down time
Cons: hours worked
Transporting and Receiving Aircraft Test Sets
Improvements on accountability
Scheduled
Friendly
Balancing Priorities
Completed Task Successfully
The best
Team Leader (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: all inclusive
Cons: pay
The best place to work. I learned more I the 4 years I was in then most people learn in a life time. You will never find co-workers like the friends you make while you are in,
USMC
Force Reconnaissance Marine (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 23, 2015
This is where I grew up and was molded into what I am now. I consider my time as a Force Recon Marine my college and I am going to take the skills I acquired there into the civilian sector and do great things,
Life Changing
SUPPLY MANAGEMENT/LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Currently HonoluluFebruary 23, 2015
I am honored to have been one of the few and the proud. The Marine Corp has modeled me to a hard driven individual. I enjoy logistics, marketing, human relations, setting the pace ,leading. I believe that all the intangibles that I have been surrounded with over the years have but in the mental state of any goal set can be accomplished.
United States Marine Corps changed my life for the better.
UPPER LEVEL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: retirement, va benefits, hundreds of friends for life, health insurance for life, worldwide experience.
Cons: deployments to war zones, late hours, high standards, high injury rate
I learned many skills, but the way to best employ those skill was shown as well. 20 years was what I invested my blood, sweat and tears into. I enter the civilian world with so many more skills and abilities than my civilian counterparts. The Marine Corps gave me a hunger to move and seek more responsibility and learn all that there is to learn at each location.
The people made it what it is.
HIMARS Crewman (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: health care, place to live, free meals
Cons: takes a toll on the body, no set schedules, hard to advance
There was no typical everyday was different. I've learned to be open to someone elses beliefs and their culture. There was no real management we had supervisors who had to deal with those in command and passed on when we did something wrong. The best part are the people you meet and doing things many don't have the opportunity to do. The hardest part had to doing operations to get ready for deployment.
US Marine (Former Employee), World WideFebruary 22, 2015
Tasks are challenging, and gratifying. Learned to overcome and adapt under high stress situations even when faced individual challenges. co-workers are some of the best ever worked with. Hardest part of the job is training non-English speaking individuals in a cultural diverse countries. Most enjoyable was to watched your efforts to accomplish tasks on any continent and having the knowledge it would help save lives.
The toughest branch of service
Cryogenic Line Supervisor (Former Employee), Beaufort, SCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: brotherhood and family bonds
Cons: ignorant leadership and stressful work hours
The Marines was one of the toughest challenges of my life. The work schedule is insane and the requirements are equally rough. The only issue is intelligence is not stressed in the work environment past the rank of sergeant. the promotion system feeds a corrupt system of recognition for those working in the same office as a high ranking individual while the hard work of ground level operators are ignored/ overlooked.
Untied States Marine Corps
Sr. Administrator Helpdesk Manager (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAFebruary 17, 2015
Installation, loading and configuration of systems, servers, and networks. Using OSD to configure systems, putting them on the unclassified network. Also creating and hardening windows XP/7 loads for classified Networks.
Life of a Marine
Unit Movement Control Center Supervisor (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CAFebruary 17, 2015
The Marine Corps taught very valuable life skills that couldnt have been taught anywhere else. I gained alot of skills that not only helped me while I was in the service but also long after I transitioned out.
Supervise marines during shift
Avionics Technician (Former Employee), Cherry Point, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free food, got to fly, see the world
Cons: long shifts, uniform inspections
I would either run the day shift or night shift, with an ever changing number of people. Normally 20 per shift. Responsible for all maintenance done on the aircraft. Scheduling of lunch or dinner breaks. Ensuring food made it from the mess hall to our hanger. Signing off on completed maintenance. Hardest part was knowing where everyone was at. And if they were doing what they were supposed to do. Most enjoyable watching, the aircraft fly after you fixed them. Management set out the tasks, I was responsible for getting them done.
worthwhile endeavors with low compensation
Rifleman (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: guns and girls
Cons: risk of injury and death
it is what it is. proud of my service and oppurtunities presented. training provided but in poor atmosphere. food not great
A great learning experience that allowed for development of leadership and technical abilities.
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CaliforniaFebruary 11, 2015
The USMC was an exciting way to learn about new technology, working with others, and developing leadership strategies and traits.
Challenging yet rewarding.
Field Radio Operator (Former Employee), Kailua, HIFebruary 11, 2015
Being a Marine was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. However, through hard work and discipline, I was able to get the job done as well as be rewarded for my efforts. The discipline and work ethic taught over the course of my enlistment will last the rest of my life.
Marine Corps
Wireman/Tactical Switch Operator (Former Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 9, 2015
The corps is the corps. some people love it some people it just isnt for. Im proud of my service but time for me to move on. Good experience time to start a new life
Working for the military
Geospatial Information & Intelligence Specialist (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCFebruary 6, 2015
I recommend working in the marine corps if you don't mind getting yelled at for disobeying rules that don't make since to a lot of people, and being able to yell at people that break those same simple rules. Great educational and medical benefits!
An once in a lifetime experience
BULKFUEL SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: networking, benefits, title of being a marine
Cons: stress
The United States Marine Corps is not for everyone. I was a Bulk fuel specialist, a job i did not pick, nor did i know anything about prior to enlisting. I went to work in the early morning and started the day with morning physical training. Then we would go to our shop where the daily tasks always varied, so there was always something to do. I learned many things from being in this Military Occupational Specialty, everything from maintenance on fuel pumps, used for tactical fuels systems, to Microsoft office, where I would have to make training schedules and schematics. The best thing about this job is the people you get to meet. I have met marines from all over the country. The hardest part of the job, for me anyway is the stress it can put on ones body and mind.

1 2 3 4 5