USMC

USMC Employer Reviews

AWESOME
Anti-Terrorist Strike team member (Former Employee), WorldwideOctober 20, 2014
Pros: everything
Best years of my life. Its classified what I participated in but, I learned about various cultures in our world
whole new world
USMC (Former Employee), Yuma, AZOctober 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: very stressful
I always made sure that all the gear was taken care of and all gear put away properly. I ordered gear from several companies before sending gear to them.
Most rewarding career
Section Head - Instructor/Curriculum Developer (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: rewarding career, benefits
Cons: travel away from family and friends.
I cannot think of a company to work for that will offer the intangible benefits as the USMC. They take individuals with raw talent and desire and build on that foundation so the individual can achieve their true potential. The USMC will treat you with respect and dignity while holding you to the highest standards and instilling in you the drive to improve – more... yourself daily. There is no "typical day" in the USMC. Every day is a new adventure. The management mentors and develops you so that you are able to advance professionally and personally. The co-workers become a part of your "family" and always work together to accomplish the task. The hardest part of the job is being away from family and friends when you must travel. The most enjoyable part of the USMC is knowing that you have made a difference in the world for the better. – less
Best experience of my life.
Infantryman Team Leader (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 16, 2014
Wake up 0500, go to formation for pt and the rest of the day train for deployment. I learned more then I could imagine. management was tough but trained well. co-workers become brothers. hardest part is the training you ust do before deployment. the most enjoyed part is everyday In the corps.
Greatest work environment
Supply Administrative NCOIC (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCOctober 14, 2014
Best decision i have ever made. The experience and training the Corps provided will prepare you for any situation.
Always productive and fast paced.
0111 Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: health benefits, job security, travel, school
Typical work day consisted of morning fitness followed by full work day.
Learned to prioritze, organize, and more.
Management was focused
Co-workers always a pleasure to work with
The hardest part of the job was trying not to overwork yourself mentally and physically
The easiest part of the job was always being able to adapt and overcome any situation
The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing the comrodary that was displayed. – less
United States Marine Corps
Section Chief (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2014
Operate computer operated weapons (Classified)
Test and use classified weapons and materials.Section Chief
Artillery Man
Squad Leader of a 13 man crew
Vehicle Commander on Afghanistan Tour
NCOIC of a gated Entry Control Point
Active Secret Security Clearance
Active Reserve Status
It was great to serve my country
Logistics Chief/Senior Enlisted Advisor (Former Employee), USMCOctober 8, 2014
My Marine Corp career was everything I expected and I learned management skills, operations, logistics, safety, fiscal, counseling, and leadership
Constantly evolving to new and challenging demands
Maintenance Supervisor and Quality Assurance Rep (Current Employee), MCAS New River, NCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: job satisfaction, working with the coworkers
Cons: supply system and lack of funds for parts
While in the Marine Corps a typical work day would consist of Managing several workers in both preventative and conditional maintenance. Supervising a crew of anywhere from three to twenty you would ensure all tools and machinery were in proper conditions and inventoried while preparing for the next stage of maintenance.

Ensure all parts are being – more... ordered and where they are in the supply status to be issued. Being properly handled and accounted for. While supervising maintenance being conducted on several platforms and areas following the proper manuals with the proper tools and safety equipment and ensuring the maintenance is being done properly at all times.

I have learned how to successfully manage a maintenance team to ensure production with dealing with all forms of issues to include personnel, financial, social, and physical that would interrupt production. – less
USMC
Metal Worker/ Sergeant of the Marines (Current Employee), Quantico, VAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: a very good learning exp
Cons: no personal time
It was an honor to serve my country, and to travel to many amazing places as well. I have nothing to say about this job, the title should already hold it's title and respect as is.
Hard work
Squad Leader, Instructor/Controller, Rifleman (Current Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAOctober 3, 2014
Working in the Marine Corps takes a lot of hard work and dedication. Never a dull moment and always fulfilling.
It was very rewarding
Warehouse, Supply Manager (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAOctober 1, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: traveling
Started at 3:00a.m Learned time management and discipline. Had great coworkers who had my back
Hard and enduring work, teamwork a must, good sense of accomplishment at the end.
Infantryman (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune NCSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: good training, good benefits
Cons: harsh conditions
Each day started of with working out with my team members at the crack of dawn, then we set to the mission of the day. I learned a good sense of teamwork and belonging and a good work ethic. My teammates were my brothers, worked ate and slept in the same place. The hardest part of my job was that in the worst conditions we still were expected to perform – more... at 100 percent. The most enjoyable part of my job was the self reward I felt when each task was completed and the strive to finish the next. – less
I served with some of Americas finest
infantry 0311 rifleman (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Stateside- Wake up at 5 in the morning and train on various weapons
in simulated combat situations using precision tactics until around 5 in the evening.
Deployment- a 6 hr rotation between Static Security, Foot Patrols and
QRF( Quick Reaction Force) / Rest.
Place to grow and expand all my abilities. Great benefits, great opportunities to lead by example.
MOTOR VEHICLE OPERATOR (Current Employee), Fort Leaonordwood MOSeptember 21, 2014
.Drive and operate heavy vehicles/ trucks
.How to lead and guide other Marines by example and through the quality of work I provide.
. My SSGT and other Marines are my "management" we lead and help each other grow and develop as a team, by looking out for the man to the left and right of us.
. The only hard part of the job is the constant being away – more... from your family and friends.
. The best part of my job is learning all the various skills that are apply able in the civilian world. – less
Great life experience
2311/ammo tech (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCSeptember 15, 2014
Every young man and woman should sign up for at least 4 years and get to travel and experience the world.
its a government job.
Warehouse clerk (Current Employee), ft.lewisSeptember 14, 2014
us military, united states marine corps. you can always join to find out more.
Hardest / most rewarding thing you will ever do.
United States Marine Corps (Former Employee), GlobalSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: espirit de corps
Cons: difficulty planning for family events.
One must understand it is a way of life, not a job. You will develop leadership skills that will last a life time.
Working in the USMC
E-4(CPL)-Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, and atmosphere
Cons: not what you always expect it to be
I enjoyed the Marines. i should of stayed in but God had another plan for me. Pay and benefits were amazing. Management varied because of different management styles. Co-workers were the same. I learned everything was about team work. Hardest part was being away from family. Best part was gaining a new one.
Productive work day no matter what occured
Military Police (Current Employee), Yuma, AZSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: being physicaly in shape not just from the want but from the need of maintaining for the job.
A normal day of work would consist of me waking up at 0330 am to prepare for the day with getting food ready and lacing up my boots. Once at work at 0445 am I would sit in a morning brief of the issues that happened over the evening in the state In Yuma and on the installation, that includes fire alarms to domestic violence cases and god forbid a fallen – more... officer in the line of duty. Then depending on the day I would either be a gate sentry or vehicle patrol officer. Throughout the day I would patrol the installation arriving to any calls that would come in during the shift. My shift would end at 1730 or 530 pm after debrief I would head to the gym for an hour in a half. After the gym and work I would proceed to my home of record to relax and recuperate before heading back the next morning to do it again. – less

1 2 3 4 5