USMC

USMC United States Employee Reviews

Discipline
Logistics/Embarkation Specialist (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms MCB, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Discipline, Adaptability, Life altering, and Family atmosphere
Cons: pay should be improved
The best job in the world. This job is not only life altering but it is life developing. The co-workers have become family to me, as well as the characters altogether have developed for ourselves.
Strong Body, Strong Mind
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Dental, GI Bill
Cons: Long Hours, Stress
It's a tough start, there are many things both good and bad. You have so much that goes on, and you do so many different things that's it's hard to categorize. It's pretty spread out and versatile, so my experience at my position won't be the same as somebody in a different section. All in all, good and bad, it's what you make of it.
its ok
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee), jacksonville ncApril 22, 2015
learned a lot about management skills, aviation, electronics. Work environment not the best. great benefits though. especially for schooling
active
Officer Candidate (Current Employee), Quantico, VAApril 21, 2015
I have had a contract with the Marines since 2012. Have been to OCS twice, both for 6 weeks at a time and graduated with honors. It is very physically demanding but enjoyable as well.
an experience
Infantry Squad Leader (Former Employee), 29 Palms, CAApril 21, 2015
hard work and dedication are learned while in the USMC but it all is worth it in the end.
It took a while for me to get used to the lifestyle change but the brother I got and the skills I learned are indispensable
Review of my time in the USMC
Aviation Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Havelock North CarolinaApril 21, 2015
Pros: The visibility of my work. Everyone saw my anme on all aspects of accounting.
Cons: The cons would be the random dilemas that came up. that were always new, and solving the problem in a timely fashion.
A typical day at work consists of coming in, down loading fuel charges. Then requesting trials of obligations in the past 24 hours. Breaking them down and getting a base line of where we stand with Status Of Funds. What I learned is how different aspects of other divisions can effect the bigger picture of accounting within aviation. The management was perfect for me, as the worker to be hands on and we were all very knowledgable. I was the lead for the accounting division. I understood how to instruct lower level employees in a way that made my work and their work more effiecient. The hardest part of my day would be securing. I dont like leaving the office without every aspect of the job being completed and having a good start for the next day. The most enjoyable part would have to be that I was in complete control of the financing for the entire installation and the impact that I had on the funds.
Stability
Single Marine Program Supervisor (Current Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Stability
Its hard to say what a typical work day consists of. Everyday is different, with a different mission and different tasks.
not for everyone
School Chief/ Training Chief (Former Employee), Camp LejueneApril 16, 2015
This job is not for the faint of heart. they will treat you badly with low pay and idiots in the leadership. With that being said, there is no other job like it and you will meet some of the greatest people in America.
Always Faithful
Data Network Technician (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAApril 15, 2015
Designed, constructed, and maintained both unsecured and secured data networks in accordance with DOD policy to support 1st Marine Division operations.
Amazing work enviroment
Bulk Fuel Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCApril 14, 2015
USMC is an amazing job and the leaders are even better, I would suggest anyone to join that team and they will not regret it
It is the Marine Corps, Who does not love it!
Corporal- MOS Automotive Organizational Mechanic (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune,NCApril 13, 2015
The Marine Corps is not for the weak. It is a strong place of brother and sisterhood. Deployments were always a favorite of mine, but only if you left the wire, some can not say they did this.
marines
Marine (Current Employee), CAApril 6, 2015
infantry lot of hands on work lots of training learned security and other useful skill disciplined hard working ability to follow orders
USMC
Sgt (Former Employee), CaliforniaApril 2, 2015
Pros: Travel, medical, training, benefits
Cons: High Stress all the time
-Platoon and Fire team evaluations
-Daily physical fitness
-Daily and monthly training
-Lots of travel
-Iraqi veteran
-welding and fabrication
Good hard work with great experiances.
HIMARS Gunner (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: healthcare, dental, food and lodgeing, job security
Cons: VERY hazordus work environment, very hard transitioning out into civilian life
Normal days consisted of maintaining important gear and heavy equipment and focusing on knowledge needed to perform duties. Work with higher ups was strained and often very difficult. The hardest part was working no stop for days at a time getting an average of 2-3 hours a night during training exercises, but the bonds and friendships made during my time made it all worth it.
No job like it
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: job doesn't translate to real world jobs
Wouldn't trade the life experiences gained with that job for anything, hard work, long life lasting friends, and a great steping stone to build yourself into a better person and for a better life.
productive workplace, tones of oppertunity and very rewarding
UH-1Y Mechanic Crew Chief (Current Employee), CA and VAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: benefets, payed vacation, very rewarding and good promotions
Cons: takes alot of time, its a life style, lots of travel
Great place to work. You get what you put in. There lots of room for promotion. Co-worker become close almost like family. It has a very dynamic job/ field opportunity, with various skill sets. I've learned so much, from leadership and management to technical skills. Day to day depends on the field you work. Mine was a busy long day, but very rewarding.
Rigorous training regimen but filled with honest and hard working Marines
Candidate Officer Candidate School (Former Employee), Quantico, VAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great PT regimen, exciting lifestyle, continuous action and training
Cons: Sleep deprivation in a stressful environment
Early morning wake ups for early morning workouts in a military environment designed to train, screen and evaluate candidates, who must demonstrate a high level of leadership potential and commitment to success in order to earn a commission. This was done in a chaotic and stressful environment involving critical thinking and mental toughness.
United States Marine Corps
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 24, 2015
Early morning work days most weekends off, incredible benefits and guaranteed pay 2 times monthly. What else can you ask for
Conservative work environment
FIRST LINE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Fairfield CaliforniaMarch 23, 2015
Job description: Developed custom database interfaces with FilemakerPro software, engineered data input standards and defined relationships between data sets for optimum performance and analysis.

What I liked about the job:
-Computer interface
-Independent learning
-Organization and standardization
-Close-knit team environment
What I disliked about the job:
-No on the job training
-Unclear daily objectives
-Communication difficulties
good experience ,place to learn new things
Team Leader (Former Employee), san diego caMarch 21, 2015
everyday is different from learning about weapon to how to shoot them clean them.No day is the same and traveled to a lot of countries

1 2 3 4 5