USMC Employee Reviews

Strict, disciplined life style
Generator Mechanic (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJuly 6, 2015
It's the Marine Corps, life is not easy in it. Long Days of hard labor, and must maintain very high standards for yourself and the Marines around you.
You GetWhat You PUT Into It!!!1
Avi. Technician (MOS 6323) (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Pay, Job security, Brother/Sisterhood.
Cons: hours worked
This is something that was told to me when i joined, and also now saying to my junior marines. This Lifestyle is a slight Change from the civilian world. My job in the Marine Corps required long flex-able hours anywhere from 24-16. My job is very rewarding as long as you do what your told when you are told to do it your advancement is limitless.
Very fast paced and high stress situations
Platoon Sergeant and Networking Team Leader (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: The mass amount of hands on training
Cons: Stress
A typical work day was show up at work at 0630 and it was none stop hands on training with the gear, lunch then right back to training.

I was able to hone in all of my technical skill and professional skills.

My peers were great people and listened well to instruction.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the com rotary we all shared.
it was an enjoyable work zone
Infantryman (Current Employee), Kaneohe Station, HIJuly 2, 2015
I had good times and bad times just like in any other company. as I learned certain jobs our not for everyone. I grow up faster and developed a professional mindset. I wouldn't take any of my experiences.
Great experience for all fields one learns about
6324 (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton CA,July 1, 2015
Pros: Self Confidance
Cons: none
after being out for so long I finally appreciate my own abilities to meet others like my self who were not in the military as well as those who are or will become ones themselves
Maintenance is an excellent field
Maintenance Technician/Supervisor (Former Employee), San Diego CaJune 30, 2015
Testing and troubleshooting Hydraulic and Pneumatic components and analyzing blue prints and documents for correct assembly. I enjoyed it very much, it is my best expertise
awesome!
DISA Node Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Dahlgren, VAJune 28, 2015
go USMC! semper fi! lead from the front! tip of the speer! steel sharpens steel!
This organization gave me a platform to begin my career and support a successful and healthy life.
military
Radio Operaor (Former Employee), Camp Pendleton, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: salary
I had many duties while in the marines but the one I enjoyed the most was leading and teaching the junior marines. the hardest part about this job for me was always having to move around.In the marines I learned alot about leadership, discpline and communication skills.
I am a detail-oriented individual with a strong desire to suceed. If given the opportunity to work for your business, I will work hard.
United States Marine (Former Employee), CAJune 23, 2015
i perform my duties after a long morning of personal training and i also operate on machinery. Also i have to perform many inspections.
very fun
Avionics Work Center Production Supervisor (Former Employee), MCAS Cherry Point, NCJune 20, 2015
fun work environment and easy to manage would love to do it again. would change a few things but overall it is a great organization
Great, but not for me
Supervisor (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits, health insurance, dental insurance, guaranteed income
Cons: Some days were hard
Guaranteed income and a lot of good benefits. You meet a lot of good people daily and work with people with similar goals as yourself. Every day is different to be honest, some days require a lot of heavy lifting and item transportation. Other days might just include training new employees and getting them ready for their future. Everyone has a chance at becoming a manager of their own sector if they qualify but it does take hard work a lot of dedication. Being in physical shape was a requirement but it was easy to stay in shape with the proper management that we had. Overall, it was a great job but it isn't for everyone.
Daily training and learned something new nearly every day
Recruit (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: everyone succeeded and failed as a team, always busy
Cons: long days, mess ups were punished with intese training
A typical day would start early but every day it was something different we were either training, running drill, cleaning, or stocking up the entire base with necessities.
while here i learned many valuable skills such as; improving my leadership skills by taking my team to complete a task, putting attention to detail while we received orders sometimes from multiple people at the exact same time.
while here me and my co-workers had to learn how to work in a team immediately and learn how to see past everyone's differences because we were all in the same position.
The hardest part of being here was the long days, and getting use to listening and understanding multiple people at one time.
The most enjoyable part was knowing me and my team could work as one and knowing we complete all our task just as good or even better than others.
Made a difference while ISO this command
Force Deployment Director, Marine Forces (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 13, 2015
Performed a myriad of functions while in support of operations, logistics, and plans. Supported efforts ISO Marines in Iraq while part of this command.
hardworking enviroment
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJune 11, 2015
Maintaining Aviation Logistics Deploying is rough in the Marines. Had lots of fun and was an excellent source of experience.
Provided aid to the Director of Public Affair
Administrative Executive (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 10, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, camaraderie
Cons: duty, secured liberty, field day
Working with the array of talent and skill of each individual Marine is unparalleled anywhere else. You will never find an organization that will be able to boast "the world's finest" as does the Marine Corps. It was an honor serving with these great men and women.
Intense work days and long hours
Military (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Being part of service and acknoldgement of having of the title.
Cons: Little time for a personal life
Providing the necessary time to accomplish what needs to be done and having deadlines that are almost are impossible to accomplished. Work with many great people that I consider role models and friends. Strong chain of management that is fair and nonbiased. Never forget what learn and importance of commitment to the job.
It was a good place to work would still be there but family need help in hickory so moved here
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Havelock, NCJune 8, 2015
Pros: cook outs, pickneks comrodary
Cons: not allway gettng equment you need for the job
When I got into work in the morning Had Breakfest with follow workers .set up for the day what was to be done . Checked on any
on line classes we mite need to do .when it was time we went to work.depending on work that day we did on the job training ,safty meeding with my whole work section ,with new vech we had to hqave training all the time .management was fair most of the time.
thay would help when thay could .co workers would always help
when thay could not always knowing the work you were doing because of there grade level but were willing to learn.loading helacopters,and oversize trucks onto another truck for transport,
getting on the road
Good For anyone that wants to serve their country
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Twentynine Palms, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits
The work environment is what you make of it. Like everything there are good days and bad ones, but the good outweigh the bad.
Very Relaxed shop with a lot of opportunities
USMC 1141 Generator Operator/Electrician (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJune 2, 2015
Pros: A lot of benefits.
Cons: Have to be ready to take part in anything asked of you.
If not deployed, a typical day at our shop is relaxed and well managed. Every one knows and does their part. I have worked with a plethora of Marines, from the most drama filled to the most relaxed and lazy. But its getting to meet new people weather in our country or another was the most enjoyable part about my job.
Life Changer and fun always something to do and learn
Operations Chief (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCJune 2, 2015
Worked as a operations management ensuring all my personnel was trained, organized and ready for deployment at a moments notice. I was in charge of over several millions of dollars of equipment over my time as a Marine and have moved logistically the same amount of equipment from both the US and foreign soil.