USMD Employee Reviews

Great Company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJuly 22, 2017
Love that the company focus on senior care. love that company have all different ways to help the staff be great at providing great care to the patient's
Productive and fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 10, 2017
would recommend to nurses that prefer small hospitals. great culture. excellent possibility for advancement. pro nursing. steady paced and friendly staff.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
family atmosphere
OK place to work
Pt. Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 30, 2017
My manager at the Ftworth office is amazing, workflow is heavy, Dr.s are great!
Callcenter suks, director is not very Knowledgable
A lot of things changing w the merger
OK place to work
RN (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 16, 2017
A full 8 hour day is a full 8 hour day. There is no down-time, very busy place. Good patient care. Most of the personnel get along well with others....
productive and patient centered
Clinic LVN (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 8, 2017
overall a great place to work. advancement in career is limited you succeed and advance in your career there only if you know someone otherwise you can be held down .
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management
Horrible, unethical HR, management
Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 19, 2017
Horrible supervisor/manager of office&HR lies-Co refused me to see grand babies birth w/out firing me-forced to resign-co knew months in advance-Ogars
Pros
Carry ins and doctor hospitality in office
Cons
Biased, racist, unethical, dishonest, and ruthless in the way they handle employees
The worst company to work for
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 6, 2017
The worst job ever, it has a large turnover employees are quieting, getting fired behind lies and betrayal, laid off because on new management. There are new managers hired at least every 2 years. NO raises or promotions. Been brought out by 4 different companies. Not a good place to work for advancement or retirement.
Pros
Free Band-aids
Cons
NO Stability, NO longevity or NO advancement. Unfriendly employees and managers, back stabbing and lies
Very focused on pushing paper versus patient care.
Certified Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 28, 2017
This company used to run like a "well oiled machine" according to our patients. Since the third buyout in the past 9 years, I am sad to say this company is not putting patients or employees first and that makes me very sad.
all great
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 23, 2017
I love speaking with the patients being able to answer all there question s they may need to know. The crew at all our locations have been very helpful no additute.
Pros
everthing
Cons
non
Turn over rate
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed working with my coworkers however the turn over rate is ridiculous. I really believe it had something to do with poor management at my particular location. Would I work there again? Yes!! If there is new management.
HR and Management will have to answer someday...I think its now...
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 6, 2017
What goes around comes around...what you sow you will reap...what happens in the dark will come to light. You can run to another company; you can even run to another state, but the choices you have made will follow you....the consequences will be your play mate. If you read this...you will know it's you and all the people you used to harm others...someone will give you your just due.
Pros
The pay was decent...
Cons
wicked deeds, no OT, favoritism.
Do not recommend at all!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 10, 2016
Horrible place to work! Management doesn't do anything but play favorites. One of the mottos of the clinic is "I can do anything, they won't fire me"... we have one employee who shops online all day long as well as takes naps at her desk during clinic, and management doesn't do anything, causing good people to quit because the others don't get disciplined. Benefits are sub par, but they are supposedly working on those. No appreciation for the staff that works their butt off. Do not recommend at all, list goes on!
Pros
Off weekends and evenings
Cons
Poor management, benefits
Doctors are great
Medical Assistant OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXSeptember 30, 2016
I have learned a lot from the Doctor that I currently work for she is a Gem. Most of my fellow co-workers are team players, my overall view of the company itself needs a lot of improvement.
Productive work environment
Patient Access Representative / Chart Prep (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 28, 2016
I come in to work and get started on my clinics I have to chart prep for and call for any outstanding balances as well as check insurance information.
staff becomes family everyone is friendly
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 25, 2016
The staff is great even onsite management, it's the administration staff that made the job hard. The benefits are not that great along with pay for what you do. Things may have changed in the year that I have been gone I would hope so.
Pros
great staff to work with
Cons
adminstration staff and benefits
Bad place to work at
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 5, 2016
I worked as a housekeeper EVS Dept., Mgmt. and Human Resources is horrible. I m sorry to say that but it's true , they need new people in HR that are willing to do their job for the employee especially new employees. I feel the people in HR have gotten too comfortable, and when that happens their ability to do their job becomes shady and double standard meaning they don't care anymore n it's time for a CHANGE the same goes with the EVS Dept. I call it as I see it their Supervisors and Management of the Supervisors do not encourage their employees there are no positive words of encouragement THEIR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT ARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THERE IS THE DOOR. The Supervisors behavior between them inappropriate carry on in a inappropriate way n very unprofessional.
I worked the night shift n rooms were not getting sanitized and cleaned by the morning shift Housekeepers n alot of favoritism was shown for morning Housekeepers they could do no wrong, and alot of work that should be done in the morning was left for the evening crew (Housekeepers). Insurance with such a great deductible, thirty minute lunches yet the morning Housekeepers would take a 45 minute lunch. No advancement here. The pay had its quirks....it was not all that....I thought working evenings would be better no it was not it was worst working double doing someone else's job meaning the morning crew ... they were not doing their work so had to work twice as hard and it was useless going to the Supervisor she had her favorites . Alot of clickish going on in EVS Dept n in the hospital.
Pros
Cons
Short lunches, deductible of ins. too high, favortism/clickish among Mgmt
Loved the people I worked with. Felt stable there.
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 2, 2016
I answered the phones and scheduled appointment. Helped people with their medication requests and tasked nurses all patient questions. Loved the doctors I worked with. Hardest part of the job was patients calling in very upset about not getting a call from the nurse or billing, and how I was able to turn that around and get the information they needed. I loved helping the patients. I became friends with a lot of them.
Pros
monthly one of the doctors always bought lunch
Cons
deductible always too high on ins. provided
No possibilities for growth
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJuly 21, 2016
Extreme turnover of management with little to none medical background. Favoritism for employees with low grade job capabilities and unfair targeting for strong MA's within the workplace....sad but very true. Now has the reputation as being a circus ran medical clinic.
Pros
employees always friendly
Cons
Persons in higher co. positions, known to be calculating & vicious w/employees to cost them their job..seriously.
Don't recommend
LVN (Former Employee) –  Mansfield TXJune 1, 2016
I don't recommend USMD or Mansfield Clinic. Staff is very clickish. Not friendly to new staff. HR and management are not concerned at all with issues within clinic.
Cons
late hours, very fast paced with no breaks
Poor Management
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 10, 2016
Big Turnover Rate, Semi secure job security but with high demand of repetitive calls and angry patients many employees quit or seek other positions elsewhere. Warning! Management will pin blame on employees if they feel they may reflect poorly in front of higher staff.
Cons
no/short breaks/ lunches, Management, PTO and sick days