USMD Employee Reviews in United States

Ma
MA (Former Employee) –  IrvingSeptember 14, 2015
Poor management/communication. Pt volume/ workload is VERY stressful! Poor time management of others in office. HR/Benefits Department doesn't process New Hire Documents in a timely manner to Insurance Carrier. You will find that you are working TWICE as hard as others in the office and receive NO recognition/compensation. You may get to eat lunch however it is not a full 30 minutes or one hour and are expected to continue to return calls during this time. Phone triage is poor, coordinating a referral may take 2-3 weeks for someone to take the time to do it correctly the FIRST time. Noticed MANY medication errors and brought to managements attention and was told, It's not my problem'! Physican income is based on "Quality Measures" however not every patient is treated the same. If a pt has "Senior Care", they receive preferential treatment. They do NOT want patients to go the the ER because it costs them $1800.00 PER ER visit out of their own pockets! Every patient is as important as the next. We should ALL be treated fairly and equally and not solely based on what insurance we carry!
Pros
Love my patients!
Cons
Poor management, poor staffing, poor communication, unreasonable work load expectation!
Un-organized, no communication, do the work that at least 2 people should do.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Most North Texas OfficesJune 7, 2015
USMD is NOT family oriented and are often taking advantage of employees who show strength in any area. You will one time or another either be covering up to 3-4 doctor calls and tasks at once or 2-3 clinics at once by yourself. They show minimal appreciation by waiting well over 2-3 months after your review is due to give you MAYBE a 44 cent raise. Meanwhile, they are creating positiions for upper management. You are allowed up to a one hour lunch, if the patient load for the morning allows for it, however, during that time you are still expected to answer phone calls and greet patients that come in the unlocked door, and also travel to work at other clinics at a moments notice.. Overall, it is the worst environment to work in, and the Medical Assistant and front office turn over is constant. I would not recommend this company.
Pros
The Physicians are phenominal.
Cons
Management has very poor communication skills and organization issues.
Professional environment and laid-back.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 4, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy and with high expectations from the patients, co-workers and doctors. There's always something new to learn each day from new billing codes to insurance guidelines. Management was very understanding and easy to communicate with. The company is very big on Team work and patient satisfaction so my co-workers were very helpful and team oriented. The hardest part of the job was not being able to help a patient with the type of treatment that is needed due to their insurance guidelines, having to tell the patient that their insurance declined treatments. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on the patients faces at check in, at check out and just feeling the smile over the phone from the joy in their voices.
Pros
free lunches and holiday gifts
Cons
n/a
Avoid at ALL cost.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 27, 2016
USMD constantly uses the excuse they are an upcoming business for everything they lack of. When technically their not a "new" company they just merged MCNT and UANT. It's being ran by physicians who have always been with the company. They don't have it together at ALL. From the pay, the mission, the management, company policies and procedures (which in my view aren't set in stone it just depends on the situation if they actually follow them) I should have known on the first day when I was told the acronym USMD didn't stand for anything that I was walking into a trap. It was so bad new hires were not even staying through the training period. Physicians and NP's in the Irving area are constantly resigning. Patients who knew the business as MCNT absolutely hate everything about USMD
Pros
Weekends and Holidays off
Cons
Pay, leadership, morale, practices and procedures, EVERYTHING
PAR-Float
Patient Access Representative-Float (Current Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXApril 6, 2016
Everyday is different. This job keeps you very busy and you are able to learn and grow in each office I travel too. Each manager has their own management style and own of dealing with their office. One of the hardest things about a float is the traveling can be tough sometimes, but the enjoyable side is collecting the mileage points.
No possibilities for growth
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJuly 21, 2016
Extreme turnover of management with little to none medical background. Favoritism for employees with low grade job capabilities and unfair targeting for strong MA's within the workplace....sad but very true. Now has the reputation as being a circus ran medical clinic.
Pros
employees always friendly
Cons
Persons in higher co. positions, known to be calculating & vicious w/employees to cost them their job..seriously.
Poor Management
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 10, 2016
Big Turnover Rate, Semi secure job security but with high demand of repetitive calls and angry patients many employees quit or seek other positions elsewhere. Warning! Management will pin blame on employees if they feel they may reflect poorly in front of higher staff.
Cons
no/short breaks/ lunches, Management, PTO and sick days
stressfull workplace
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 10, 2016
if you looking for a company to grow with this is not the place. there is no such thing as a personal life outside of USMD, the company dont give raises, the call center is horrible they dont believe in giving days off, the calls are back to back with no break in between.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no yearly raises, bad ins
very fast-paced, constantly changing organization
VP - Marketing, Communications & Events (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 13, 2016
Growing public company that resulted from the merging of two physician groups with hospital-management company USMD.
It is a good place to work for.
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 4, 2016
The only con at the moment is that too many employees have a chip on their shoulder. They constantly bring others down with their complaints.
Recently merged physician group gone Corporate
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJuly 18, 2014
A typical day at work consists of a busy schedule with heavy phone triage.
Learned to be compassionate and a lot about time management.
The hardest part of my job would be merging with a corporation and feeling robotic and not able to be as friendly with my long term patients due to work overload and stress.
Most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships that I have built with patients and their families along the way.
Pros
great physicians
Cons
awful healthcare benefits, reduction in pto time for long-time employees, over time required but will get reprimanded for, stressful
This company is failing...only concerned for its self, no longer cares for its employees.
Private (Former Employee) –  arlington TxDecember 23, 2014
This is the worst company since it merged.
Promised no changes!!
Huge layoffs right at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Interim CEO admits has known for 6 months.

Outsourced Revenue Cycle!!

So much for no changes!!
Cons
lost benefits, lost bonus, company lost all respect for it's employees.
Pleasant place to work. Great learning tool for my career
Customer Service Rep, Patient Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 14, 2014
Enjoyed working with others and learned a lot about medical billing and customer service.
Developed stong customer service skills , working daily with patients
over the phone, resolving complaints and issues.
I enjoyed assisting the patient with their questions and needs.
Pros
my employers management style.
Cons
the price increase of healthcare benefits.
productive fun workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2013
My hardest part of my job is to please every patient often times patient don't understand we as Medical Assistants have protocol and rules we must follow.The most enjoyable part of my is able to walk in ti work and sociolize to converse and joke around with co-worker and physicians. I learn something new almost everyday from patient, peers, doctors you never stop learning.
Pros
productive place to work
Cons
annual raises
Co-workers are great
Operating Room Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2012
Co-workers are great to work with. Management in my department and hospital director are self centered,
no praises but alot of fault blaming. That's all I can say.
Pros
great co-workers, lots of fun, company provides great fun.
Cons
if you want a job well done, don't look here because you won't hear it.
Not well managed.
Senior Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 10, 2014
Overly lean organization, makes life difficult, Directors and Managers are performing duties that typically is formed by entry level personnel. This presents managers and directors from being as effective as needed.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
too lean
Good place to work with great benefits.
Medical Insurance Specialist / Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 24, 2014
A lot of patient and insurance calls. Many appeals to insurances every day. Excellent co-workers that work as a Team.
Pros
flex time on some departments
Cons
insurance has large deductible but company is working to get better benefits.
Fast pace work place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Typical day is 20-30 patients. Lab draws and injections. Chemotherapy and bladder treatments through catheters. Placed, removed and replaced catheters. Management was always helpful and the doctors are always willing to answer any questions. My co-workers were always helpful. There wasn't a hard part to the job, it was fast pace but I was able to keep my time well. And manage patient care without a problem. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help all my patients and answer any questions they had.
This is the WORST place to work for
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ft Worth, TxMarch 26, 2015
Their training is not very good, co-workers are nice you just have to watch what you say when you are new because there are backstabbers in each clinic including management and Doctors.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and taking care of patients.
Pros
Some clinics had cafeterias and free lunches
Cons
Non-Compliant with sanitizing rooms, and work spaces
Good starter place
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 22, 2015
Good company to learn a lot of job skills with. Most of the employees bring on friends to come work for this company! USMD is very good for compensating their employees.

2.9