USMD

USMD Employer Reviews

This company is failing...only concerned for its self, no longer cares for its employees.
Private (Former Employee), arlington TxDecember 23, 2014
Cons: lost benefits, lost bonus, company lost all respect for it's employees.
This is the worst company since it merged.
Promised no changes!!
Huge layoffs right at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Interim CEO admits has known for 6 months.

Outsourced Revenue Cycle!!

So much for no changes!!
Not well managed.
Senior Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: too lean
Overly lean organization, makes life difficult, Directors and Managers are performing duties that typically is formed by entry level personnel. This presents managers and directors from being as effective as needed.
Interesting place to work
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee), Plano, texasNovember 17, 2014
I like my work hours, the management, and my coworkers
I enjoy the autonomy.
I like the pace of the job.
Good place to work with great benefits.
Medical Insurance Specialist / Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), North Richland Hills, TXOctober 24, 2014
Pros: flex time on some departments
Cons: insurance has large deductible but company is working to get better benefits.
A lot of patient and insurance calls. Many appeals to insurances every day. Excellent co-workers that work as a Team.
Productive and Great Place to work
Bad Debt Analyst (Current Employee), North Richland Hills, TXOctober 22, 2014
As an Bad Debt Analyst I work pymt report daily to ensure all bd payment get reported to the agency, post CBO agency pymt,
review bankruptcy documents, Monthly Agency Placement Reports,
Bad Debt Month End Reports for over 200 Phy, Accounting Month End Report. Audit Accounts ready for placement, Review Account with Patients, PHY, Team Members and Site Managers.
Review EOBS, Maintain over 200 account for production daily;
Maintain an average score of 99% to 100 % on audits for over 2 years.
Excellent employees, fantastic clinical training, HORRID middle mgmt
Triage Nurse (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent physicians, normal hours, free lunches, advance from within
Cons: corporate games, cliquish, top mgmt unable to get their vision ever actually implemented
The top is great- the clinical staff is great. The physicians are AMAZING. Unfortunately, they are extremely Middle Management Heavy. All of the (non-clinical) middle management is so busy justifying their jobs- they end up creating nonsense, stirring up problems, and changing-up the rules, mid-game... simply for job security. There's a lot of finger pointing. The good intentions at the top get lost in the middle minutia. The MA's, Nursea, PA's and a lot of the physicians lose to the direction of under-qualified, non-patient-minded, self important social workers whom push paper & play games.

If you get "in" with those people in middle mgmt, you are guaranteed advancement. USMD definitely promotes from within. Top notch training. Excellent company vision & INTENTIONS. Just a little (ok, very!) thick around the middle.

I predict the physicians will weed out a lot of the fluff & unnecessary middle management. The company will lean out & hopefully thrive. In the meantime, it's no place for nurses or PA's. Too much confusion & growing pains.

They have not figured out the difference in roles for their clinic NURSES vs. MEDICAL ASST's. The MA's are threatened by the nurses. Bad morale between those two positions.

Very stressful place to work- no reason for it to be.
productive, easy to work enviroment
Patient Representative (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: short breaks
We would answer high volume phone calls, schedule and reschedule any patient appointments. We would also route the phone calls to the appropriate department if it was a hospital or physician calling. I go along with all of my co-workers and we worked pretty closely. The hardest part of the job I would say is when we would have multiple people that called out that day and we would be swamped with callers but overall we made it through the day and no patient was unsatisfied.
Recently merged physician group gone Corporate
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Weatherford, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great physicians
Cons: awful healthcare benefits, reduction in pto time for long-time employees, over time required but will get reprimanded for, stressful
A typical day at work consists of a busy schedule with heavy phone triage.
Learned to be compassionate and a lot about time management.
The hardest part of my job would be merging with a corporation and feeling robotic and not able to be as friendly with my long term patients due to work overload and stress.
Most enjoyable part of my job is the relationships that I have built with patients and their families along the way.
Productive and Positive place to work. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Bedford, TXJuly 18, 2014
I loved taking excellent care of our patients. I would get basic vital signs and room patients. I would also assist the doctor with in office producers. I learned how accurately get fetal heart tones. I also learned how to hook up and monitor patients on a NST machine. The hardest part of the the job was learning a new EMR system and keeping up with demand. My co-workers were friendly and helpful when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job was pretty much most of it. I worked with an awesome doctor and wonderful patients. I have nothing negative to say in regards to this job because I absolutely loved it!
Pleasant place to work. Great learning tool for my career
Customer Service Rep, Patient Service Rep (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 14, 2014
Pros: my employers management style.
Cons: the price increase of healthcare benefits.
Enjoyed working with others and learned a lot about medical billing and customer service.
Developed stong customer service skills , working daily with patients
over the phone, resolving complaints and issues.
I enjoyed assisting the patient with their questions and needs.
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2014
Gathers patient information by collecting demographic information from a variety of sources; interacting with registration areas and physicians' offices; retrieving information from automated printer.
•Maintains master patient index by completing assigned portion of daily audit trail; corrects and communicates problems according to established procedures.
•Initiates the medical record by creating and processing the patient care record folder.
•Maintains record availability by processing charts into the department; using chart mark-off procedures; facilitating chart location activities.
•Retrieves medical records by following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
•Delivers charts to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures.
•Keeps health care providers informed by communicating availability or unavailability of the record.
•Maintains quality results by following hospital standards.
•Maintains continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
•Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
•Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
•Enhances medical records and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
poor management and understaffing
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2014
worked nights, sometimes had 5 pts to myself without a tech, huge safety concern, poor management
Bitter Sweet
Management (Current Employee), DFWMarch 10, 2014
Pros: lots of room for advancement
Cons: can be a stressful environment
The company has undergone a lot of changes recently which has affected morale of existing employees.
Growing company with their roots not firmly established.
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXOctober 21, 2013
Pros: if you are young enough it is a growing company.
Cons: difficult to fit in with the group of people there.
A growing company but having issues withn their company polices and direction.

They have combined three companies and the corporate level still has major growing pains. The managment area is still being defined. If you work in the hospital and treatment centers it is a good place.

Everybody brought over from the other companies are a little skittish and stay within themsleves. A sense that everyone does not feel secure in their position yet.

The hardest part of the job was the actual drive. I personally was not used to driving more than 15 minutes in traffic.
productive fun workplace
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Irving, TXOctober 10, 2013
Pros: productive place to work
Cons: annual raises
My hardest part of my job is to please every patient often times patient don't understand we as Medical Assistants have protocol and rules we must follow.The most enjoyable part of my is able to walk in ti work and sociolize to converse and joke around with co-worker and physicians. I learn something new almost everyday from patient, peers, doctors you never stop learning.
good place to work
Short Stay Post Surgical Unit. PRN (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 4, 2013
Really good co-workers. Management is okay. Generally positive environment.
Overall it is a company that does provide growth opportunities
Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee), fort worth. txAugust 25, 2013
Pros: no weekends
Cons: late hours sometimes
I have learned a lot since being with the company this year. I move from receptionist up to surgery coordinator. I feel in any job you have to learn to be proactive. We are a team and the office must reflect . It has overall been a great learning experience.
NPs and PAs are not respected
Physician assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasAugust 10, 2013
This company has a "doctors only" mentality. If you are an NP or PA get ready to be humiliated, and feel less important. You will never hear anything good about how well you work, how competent you are, how much an asset you are to the company. You will not have your name on the door or picture on the website. There will be no mention you even exist on the website. This company is "top heavy" lots of chiefs telling the worker bees how the cow eats the corn. They place heavy burdens and extra work on you to keep the insurance companies happy for maximum reimbursement so that their salaries are guaranteed.
work
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 16, 2013
Pros: free lunches getting to work with patients
hard working long hours scheduling appt. for patients speaking with dr's and hospitals
Co-workers are great
Operating Room Surgery Scheduler (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2012
Pros: great co-workers, lots of fun, company provides great fun.
Cons: if you want a job well done, don't look here because you won't hear it.
Co-workers are great to work with. Management in my department and hospital director are self centered,
no praises but alot of fault blaming. That's all I can say.