Pros: networking with co-workers and soldiers.
Typically a day at USO consisted of • Greet soldiers and guests on services provided.
• Provide guests with books, games and electronic devices
• Assign patrons to computer area suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seating’s.
• Speak with patrons to ensure satisfaction with service, to respond to complaints, or to make conversation.
• Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
• Maintain contact with staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed.
• Inspect serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
• Inform patrons of establishment specialties and features.
• Receive and record patrons' equipment reservations.
• Inspect restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and clean restrooms when necessary.