USO Employee Reviews

Great Job!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 14, 2017
I would recommend working for the USO, if you can afford too. Everything about the job is great, except the pay. I do not have one negative thing to say, besides the pay.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Office Space, Training, Location
Cons
Pay
Fun Enviroment
Transition Coach (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 30, 2017
The environment is very fun and the people that I work with are amazing. The job is to assist military personnel and their families prepare for post military life. It can be a demanding job because people really are looking for you to assist them in moving on with their civilian life.
Genuinely helping clientele with enthusiastic people
Receptionist Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 24, 2017
Genuinely helping clientele with enthusiastic people in the facility. Plenty of variety of duties within the office. Various projects available and performance positively recognized by the employer.
Productive and relaxed work setting
FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 8, 2017
Workplace culture was enjoyable and relaxed, we were able to complete many tasks, accomplish many goals and provide exceptional customer service and assistance to service members and their families.
Just a stepping stone to better things
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2016
Working at G4S is the place to go to find better employment when your down on your luck. Everything is okay at first, don't buy the shoes they offer at the office. They will work with your schedule, but the company is always short on people while the risk of losing contracts.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Depends on supervisors
Not a Good Job
Security Officer ­ Wackenhut (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 6, 2016
I had the worst experience with this company very unprofessional didn't care about there employees will not recommend this company to anyone.
Loved hanging out with the guys
Assistant Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 25, 2016
Every Thursday i would go with the event coordinator to the barracks or the debriefing lounge to talk to the new recruits about what the USO does for the military. At the USO we created a home away from home. Our building at the Navy base in Pensacola is the second largest in the world. I've learned to keep track of merchandise, and to keep things clean; talk to and keep the guys entertained with the theater room and game rooms. Management was good, but seemed a bit backwards. The event coordinator, whom i was with most of the time, seemed to bee there the most and do the most for these kids. She loved them like they were her own. The director of operations, never seemed to hang out with the guys, though there were multiple other things that the need to take care of, and promote. The director of supervision, they did hang out with the guys, though they always left early, about 5 hours early and would move the event coordinators days off so that they could have a vacation. The co-workers were navy volunteers, they were always fun to work with. The hardest part of the job, was seeing someone get dispatched or kicked out. After creating a friendship with that person they would leave. The Most enjoyable part would be creating a friendship with them and getting to talk to them on a personal level. They just want some one to talk to and hangout with, and it was blast doing that.
Pros
free snacks, watch movies and get to go where ever you wanted
Cons
not enough breaks, sometimes not enough volunteers
Fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 22, 2015
Enjoyed being with all Military staff even though it was the first time I met them felt like I had known them my entire life.
The USO is a great organization
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 18, 2015
The USO is a great organization that provides the comforts of home in a minuscule way and are very military and family friendly.
Pros
The uses of free accommodations and food, entertainment, and friendly faces.
Cons
Short stock of supplies
fun
Duty Manager Camp LSA, Kuwait (Former Employee) –  KuwaitApril 20, 2015
exciting an new experience, and very fun to work for and with and the people who I worked with was exciting and fun also and working with the soldiers was the greatest experiance
good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 23, 2014
I have a great time working here. I have gained a great amount of experience.
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COOctober 7, 2014
Meet and greet new families, familiarize them with post. Answer phones, questions and concerns. Responsible for checking out and maintaining equipment.
Productive place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJune 24, 2014
Typically a day at USO consisted of • Greet soldiers and guests on services provided.
• Provide guests with books, games and electronic devices
• Assign patrons to computer area suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seating’s.
• Speak with patrons to ensure satisfaction with service, to respond to complaints, or to make conversation.
• Answer telephone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls.
• Maintain contact with staff, management, serving staff, and customers to ensure that details are handled properly and customers' concerns are addressed.
• Inspect serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
• Inform patrons of establishment specialties and features.
• Receive and record patrons' equipment reservations.
• Inspect restrooms for cleanliness and availability of supplies and clean restrooms when necessary.
Pros
Networking with co-workers and soldiers.
Volunteer Work
Community/Military Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAOctober 30, 2013
Anything they needed to support our military and families.
Pros
Family Friendly
Cons
Serving the military and their families
Orientation and Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Travis Air Force BaseAugust 11, 2013
Amazing volunteer position. Serving the military and their families. Trained and coordinated all volunteers and their duties on a day-to-day basis.
Fun educational workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJune 11, 2013
I had to be at work at 8:00 a.m. I was 10 min early everyday. I had to answer the phone, count the money, take messages, file papers, used my communication skills, and I had to do whatever my boss told me to do. A lady had called in and she was very rude so I learned that no matter how mad the customer may get I still have to be polite to them. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.