USO

USO Employer Reviews

Volunteer Work
Community/Military Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: family friendly
Anything they needed to support our military and families.
Serving the military and their families
Orientation and Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Travis Air Force BaseAugust 11, 2013
Amazing volunteer position. Serving the military and their families. Trained and coordinated all volunteers and their duties on a day-to-day basis.
Fun educational workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALJune 11, 2013
I had to be at work at 8:00 a.m. I was 10 min early everyday. I had to answer the phone, count the money, take messages, file papers, used my communication skills, and I had to do whatever my boss told me to do. A lady had called in and she was very rude so I learned that no matter how mad the customer may get I still have to be polite to them. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. – less
A fun and almost stress free place to work.
Manager - USO Dubai/Bahrain (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJune 30, 2014
Providing entertainment and recreational support to US forces in Southwest Asia is very fulfilling and an almost stress free job. In many ways the USO functions as a "Fixer" for military personnel moving through the UAE or staying several days on leave.
Fun at work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJune 28, 2014
Pros: support
Cons: nothing
Learned & explored a lot because of co-operative Management. Very Professional Attitude. Respect the work & Human Being.
Afghanistan Work Environment
PROGRAM MANAGER/VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Qatar-Iraq-AfghanistanJuly 18, 2012
Pros: paid time off, short commute, fun environment, great people
Cons: warzone living conditions.
I worked in a Warzone. Overall it was an exciting environment filled with a large amount of stress and anxiety. The job was a great experience and I wouldn't change it for any experience I have ever had. I gained a lot of new friends and stories that only people who have been there can relate with.