UT Health Science Center at Houston

UT Health Science Center at Houston Employee Reviews

productive place to work
UT Health - Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Good Friendly environment to work in. Well paced work flow, and the staff really make you feel welcome and wanting to help. Good benefits and good salary.
Great school
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2017
The University of Texas Health Science Center-School of Nursing is a great school. Worked as a student tutor, holding group tutor sessions, while attending nursing school.
Stressful
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2016
You have mangers with no leadership skills . Manger that will talk to other employees about her employee. No room for growth. Just no good leadership. Also mangament will not fight for there employees. Always problem when trying to take off.
Pros
Free health insurance
Cons
Dont give raises
Great Ethics and benefits
Case Aide - WIC Program (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2016
Good place to work great atmosphere
the hardest part is the lack of the opportunity of non professional staff to grow or better salaries.
fast paced environment because of the public services they provide
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
short lunch
Very political, bad management and wasteful working environment
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  DSRIPAugust 13, 2016
I was at UT Physicians for 18 months as a nurse practitioner. This is the most unfriendly place for nurses and the most uncaring working environment for all. I was hired to work for a clinic that was not even built at the time I started. The management at UTP in particularly Healthcare Transform Initiative department did not mention it to me about the condition of the clinic at all. They also did not mention about a soft fund project which means we would be unemployed if the funding was cut. They continued to lie to their staff in order keeping them around and spending federal grant money. I had seen a high volume turn over of staffs in all level. After 15 months long waiting, the clinic was finally opened with no patients. With so many others unpleasant experiences with the management, I resigned which is one of the best decision I have made in my life.
UT Physicians is not about nursing staffs or else. It is all about doctors and their era.
Despites UTPhysician has the medical school as their strongest brand, it is the saddest place on earth!!!!
Pros
State benefit with pension
Cons
It is not a healthy working environment to all.
Horrible
Patient access rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2016
The benefits are great. But that doesn't cover the unprofessionalism in the clinics and favoritism that abounds. The company won't even pay for parking for their employees either. Management is a joke and the doctors treat the employees in the clinic like they are less than human and with no respect. This place has no chance for advancement either so you are stuck in the position no matter how well you do. Not worth even wasting your breath to consider.
Pros
Free insurance.
Cons
Everything else.
This was by far the worst company I ever worked for! Ev
Nurse (Former Employee) –  BintzAugust 3, 2016
UT Health instead of letting your old employees micro manage your new employee's, you need to consider why your turn over rate is so hogh. Maybe if you start firing the peolple/ persons displaying all all the favitisim, and foolery, your company would be a much place to work for
Pros
Close to hone
Cons
Unorganization
Productive and fun work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Missouri City, TXAugust 2, 2016
* Management is not very fair, alot of favoritism and causing such good employees to flee and have no motivation.

* The hardest part of the job is the feeling of having no one to talk to about concerns or asking for vac/sick time. When 80% of the clinic has the fear of going to management to discuss anything.

* Most co workers are very easy going.

* The most enjoyable part is working with such great understanding doctors and most employees.

*Typical day at work would be described as just very busy. We had plenty of providers but not enough staff. So MA's would work with 2-3 doctors at a time.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks from reps and Docotor. Also sometimes, working through lunch and being able to leave early.
Cons
no lunch/ no cover.
Great institution to work for
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 1, 2016
One of the best institutions to work for. The staff comes together as one, we learn from a very diverse professional environment.
Pros
benefits are really good
Cons
driving distance
Judging by the cover, I wouldn't read the book
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2016
Just in case the administrators of this facility read these reviews, I was merely a potential candidate that found an ad on a job board, and because of the poor reviews, I would never apply to this institution... I realize that there may be 100 happy employees for every 5 unhappy one, but it seems that someone needs to focus on improving the reviews as a whole...
Cons
Poor reviews

Want to know more about UT Health Science Center at Houston?

Ask a question
The employees were nice to work with on research projects.
Senior Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2016
Typically, I would work at my computer abstracting clinical data from an EHR, performing database entry, querying data, and sometimes performing basic to intermediate statistical analysis using SAS or SPSS. I would always work independently.
Pros
Relaxed environment.
Cons
None.
Pain management for TIRR patients
Physician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2016
I was able to provide interventional treatment for brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputee, and stroke patients, and they were grateful for this treatment.
Pros
TIRR patients had treatment options
Cons
Scheduling conflicts
Great Place for Work/Life Balance
Senior IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2016
UTHealth is a great place to work if your looking for a good work/life balance. While benefits are average, holidays are scheduled to allow for extended time with family during the winter break. UTHealth offers a great job culture where tenure is recognized and valued.

Co-Workers are like family and people are very friendly.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, Culture
Cons
Compensation not always competitive
UT Health is a great company and organization to work with.
Research Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2016
Working at UTHealth and the Children's Learning Institute has been a great experience. They have been flexible with me continuing my education as a graduate student. I am able to work work full-time and attend classes on campus. Staff and faculty are professional and friendly. I like how it is a family-style environment.
An OK company
Web Developer IV (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Nothing Stellar. They are behind the times a bit. Compensation is below average pay for similar industries. You get a good amount of holidays off.
Work there at your own risk
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2016
Working at UT was one of the worst professional experiences of my life. The culture is still very much an old boy network, their procedures are old and outdated. It's difficult to make progress on daily tasks with all of the authorizations needed. It is a politically driven institution even for the clerical workers. My supervisor was a mean old bat that micro-managed with a hidden agenda of self promotion. Management maintained a closed rank that supported bad behavior just short of illegal behavior by the fraction of a hair. HR was of no help in such matters. It was a horrid, horrid experience. The benefits were great but the stressful environment was not worth it.The building looks good on the outside but is old and literally stinky. It was like being in a horror series like the Twilight Zone. Work there at your own risk of sacrificing your personal sense of satisfaction.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Politically driven, horrid institution
a good place for research
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 21, 2015
This health science center is more like a working place, because there is no undergraduate students, only master and phd students.
Productive and fun work place.
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive co-workers, superisors, and lead techs. I learned alot at UTHCT Tyler in the microbiology department. People are nice and friendly, and took the time to train new employees. I had not difficulty asking any questions from my co-workers. They were the ones that put my feet on the ground to becoming what I am today.
Pros
All departments were a great pleasure to work with.
Cons
No cons.
fast paced
Pediatric Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2015
i was the biller and coder,back office Medical Assistant, phlebotomist, as well as insurance verification it was just me and the physician and a 80 a day patient flow.
Great Place to Work
Director of Prospect Research (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2015
Large office with lots of chances to learn from other more experienced professionals. Chance to work with a large variety of projects with different focuses and interests.
Pros
Mentoring
Cons
Many moving parts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UT Health Science Center at Houston. Our community is ready to answer.

UT Health Science Center at Houston Reviews by Location