UT Health Science Center Employee Reviews

Program Manager
Sr. Grants & Contract Specialist (Post (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2017
Over 15 years of experience in the administrative planning and managing large grant initiatives. Provides the appropriate resources, including administrative and financial support, for the grant process. Handles contract negotiation, activation, regulation, tracking, and annual reports, according to institutional and external requirements. Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting for internal and external customers. Human resource experience including but not limited to policy and procedure, recruitment and hiring.
Great place to work for people interested in medical research
Research Area Specialist-Senior (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78229September 13, 2017
UT Health strives to be a place where creativity can flourish for those interested in medical sciences and healthcare. Many people have been here their entire careers, and that fact speaks highly of the atmosphere that UT tries to create. Talent can be nurtured and mentored here for those aspiring to a research career.
Pros
health care; benefits
Be Prepared to work with people who are smarter, harder working and more motivated than you!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
There isn't much supervision. I worked as admin for a small group of doctors. As long as they were happy management left you mostly to your own devices. UT HR must have very good hiring practices because all of the professionals I had dealings with were incredibly dedicated to their profession and very professional in their demeanor.
Pros
It is motivating to work on a daily basis with super achieving professionals
Cons
Benefits are good but don't expect much time off
Part Time Work/Part Time Travel
Data Collector - Children's Learning Institute (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2017
As data collectors, we traveled around town and state collecting data. On work trips, we did our 8hr jobs, and then were able to go out and explore the town we were working in. Hours were not always guaranteed, but it provided for a flexible schedule while completing school.
Best part time gig I've ever had.
Standardized Patient (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 30, 2017
I learn so much on this job, and they are always willing to be flexible with my schedule. It is a positive environment with happy coworkers. I enjoy my time there greatly.
One of the best companies I've ever worked for
Student Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 30, 2017
Working at UTHSC has been a wonderful experience. This was my first job working in higher education and I have truly learned a lot from my tenure here.
Work life balance is good
Sr. Certified Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2017
I enjoy working for UT, it allows me to have work life balance. The culture at Ut is really diverse and laid back. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I telecommute. I go into the job once per week.
Pros
I work from home
Cons
I work alone
great experience
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2017
The experience there made me enjoy my job and not look at it as work. I learned alot about being professional and managing multitasking. I also enjoyed the family environment around the office.
I was only a student intern.
Student intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2017
The histology lab at UT is fantastic. As a histotechnician student, I am able to do all aspects of the embedding, microtomy, staining, and filing. The supervisor there is so nice and helpful.
Boring job
Certified medical assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 10, 2017
All day fixing dictations, faxing them, making labels and mailing them. Was hired for MA position but only did administrative work. no clinic time maybe went to 2 clinics 1 in Uvalde and one here.
Pros
Cons
far parking, minimal MA work.
Productive work environment that takes great interest in employee success.
Data Manager/Statistical Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 21, 2017
Great work environment with highly involved administration. Individual employee growth and success are a priority in the labs, and creative thinking is strongly encouraged.
Cool
Sr Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 17, 2017
Current employee blessed to have an opportunity to work for this state entity. I would like to see more opportunities open up to employees who have experience and education opposed to only knowing someone to get into the position.
Ok
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030December 13, 2016
I worked the overnight shift so its not really much I can say. The most calls we've gotten overnight was maybe 5 to 6 calls.
Pros
Less Calls
Cons
It really wasnt any cons
state and benefits
Audio Visual /IT/ Video Conferencing Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2016
no room to advance just not the right fit for me.. i needed more in my career. My experience speaks volumes. I wanted more for my family.
Pros
benfits
Cons
pay
Always something to do
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2015
This past employee has been great, doing multiple jobs and always something to do.

I liked this past employer always lots to do and never enough time to do it
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
over worked for little pay
good place to work
Utility intermediate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2015
this place is ok to work for, I have been here going on 9 yrs now. you get to learn a little from everyone here. we deal with steam, chill water, air handlers, pumps (vac,compress).
productive and fun place to work for
LPN/LVN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2015
since i started its been an amazing experience the environment is awesome and it feels great to be apart of such a great system. I'm forever greatful for this job!
Pros
Paid health insurance, salary pay, great benifits
Cons
get paid once a month, limited parking some days
good place to work
do not wish to provide (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 28, 2015
good place to work. Great benefits, health insurance, vacation time, retirement package. Flexible schedule. State of Texas facility. Enjoy working there.
benefits
Cons
workloads
Great Benefits
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2014
Great benefits, less than great pay! The environment is relaxed depending on the department you work in.
Productive & very busy office
Medical Asst, Intermediate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2014
long hours and lots of overtime in a very fun and productive office enviroment. Great teamwork from coworkers made the day flow smoothly.