UT MEDICAL GROUP Employee Reviews

Patient Accounting Rep.
Patient Accounting Rep (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 27, 2017
This company very fair and professional. It was not a lot of advancement opportunities in my department. Longtime employees had more of the opportunities to move up.
Pros
Peaceful Working Environment.
Cons
The job was boring and pay was low.
Productive face paced work place
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  1407 UNION AVE MEMPHIS TN 38104October 23, 2017
After 9 years i resigned from UT in June 2017. I really enjoyed working for UT but management made that very difficult for me. I learned a lot while i was there however i felt i couldn't grow any father in my position i was in.
Utmg
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 5, 2017
This was a great place to work with lovely staff. Methodist had taken over the pediatric clinic. I was an employee for twelve years and did not have any problems.
Benefits
Cons
pay
Decent place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2017
On a typical day I would oversee 10 or more employees as they worked/processed various medical claims. There was constant change and it was not always the best type of changes for the good of the company.
Pros
good hours
Cons
lack of human concern
Productive and nice place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNSeptember 8, 2017
I liked working for this company and I also enjoyed the many friendships I found there at UT its awesome and the patient's are very kind as well i recommended this company to many
A good place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2017
Learn a lot, the coming in everyday and did what I had to do. The job wasn't stress, would had liked to stayed there but I was laid off. I don't have very must to stay about this job.
Great Company
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2017
Great company to work for ! This company is very family orientated. • Answered multiple phone lines
• Schedule appointments
• Faxed
• Copy
• Front desk assistance
• RX refills
the hardest part was leaving the company.
Pros
Job Sercurity
Cons
short breaks, no raises
Very great organized place to work for.
Health Information Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 10, 2017
UT Medical Group is a wonderful company to work for. UT Medical's management team are very caring and understanding people. They care about you and showed it very often.
Great Insurance Benifits
Information Systems Billing Analyst II Trainer (Former Employee) –  1407 Union Ave 7th Floor Memphis,Tn 38104March 24, 2017
Training the new Clinical Staff as well as Billing Department on how to navigate in the System. Writing Training Manuals with Step by Step Instructions on Functions and Activities in the System.
Tested and implemented new system updates
Pros
Great Staff to work with
Cons
No cons that I can think of
Under general supervision, is responsible for a variety of office/clerical tasks relating to claims processing; contacts patients and responsible part
Patient Account Rep (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 19, 2016
Identifies problem accounts with payors; investigates and corrects errors, follows-up on missing account information, and resolves past-due accounts.
Answers inquiries by phone regarding past-due accounts and insurance guidelines; researches incorrect addresses for past-due accounts.
Contacts responsible party to resolve delinquent accounts; prepares payment plans and monitors adherence to plans by responsible party; directs accounts to outside collection agencies when necessary.
May contact attorneys, employers, physicians, and others necessary to obtain information for resolution of credit and collection matters.
Great company with supportive mananagment
Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2015
Run claims on a day to day basis. Escalate issues that arise for a denied claim. What I learned from this job was how to manage my time wisely. My co-workers were great. We worked well together. The hardest part of this job was leaving.
This was a great company at the time however due to merger with the Med and State take over, departments were merged and many jobs eliminated.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 13, 2015
This was a great job and one which I assumed would be there. However because of the great management supervisor I would say this was still a great company to have worked for and I gained much knowledge from.
Pros
minimal supervision
Cons
State regulated merit increases, Raises are mostly never in the budget
Good benefits and opportunity for advancement.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2015
I began at UT Medical Group's in the Call Center. After 1 year I was able to advance to a Patient Access Specialist. I learned a lot in both positions. In the Call Center I was trained in taking messages for the doctors and to determine emergency situations. I also was trained in making appointments for the various doctors throughout UT Medical Group. As a Patient Access Specialist I learned to find insurance coverage for emergency patients and deceased patients taken to the Regional Medical Center. I entered demographics of patients and their insurance.
Pros
Learning so many aspects of a Medical Office.
Nice Working Enviorment
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 2, 2015
Very nice Place o Work Enjoy The Job And The Work Area
Enjoy Going To Work And
Learn Differ Things About The Job Enjoy My Co-Works The Hardest Part Of The Job Was Leaving It Was Really A Great For Me To Work There And Learn
Fun Environment to work
Payment Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2014
I got along with all employees to get the job done.I also made sure customers were taking care of.
Managing daily cash flow
Clinical coder II (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 4, 2014
I kept track of the money and what needed to be ordered. I also paid the vendors.
I love UT Medical Group
Clinical Denials Analyst/Revenue Operations (Current Employee) –  MEMPHISSeptember 4, 2014
I love working here....I had the best supervisors and managers since I have been here but they are in the midst of changes right now and I hope it stay the same.
Productive and fun environment
Front Desk Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2014
I like my current job. I am wanting to relocate to the Pensacola, FL. I am pursuing different ventures at this point in my life. I appreciate the opportunity to have the opportunity to work for my company and I have learned quite a bit in my time of working for UT Medical group and have things I would like to take with me in my future endeavors. I am a people person and enjoy greeting people on my job and being involved in several tasks and being able to multi task at my current job. I hope to find that same type of feeling in my future venture.
Pros
Being able to multi task
Cons
There was not very much room for advancement
Very productive and exciting workplace
Payment Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNAugust 10, 2014
The managers and co-workers all worked together to ensure patient satisfaction. A typical day at work was home away from home. Everyone got along and ensured our work day went as smoothly as possible.
Good place to work For
Medical Billing and Coding Externship (Former Employee) –  Memphis,TNAugust 5, 2014
verified medical insurances with various carriers; administrative procedures for medical billing insurance and claims processing
•utilized computer skills for accessing insurance companies via the internet for eligibility; extracted payment and adjustment information from EOBs