UT Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Distinguished Leader
Clinical Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2016
Great employer. Very empowering and supportive leaders. Community Prevention & Intervention Unit - is a leader in HIV Behavioral Research.
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2016
Management very easy to talk with, defintlly a place if I ever return to Dallas I would want to work for.
It was exciting to work with the elderly.
Supervisor Lisa Mosley (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 15, 2016
Drawing blood from the placenta and cutting into it was just the best learning experience. Working for UT Southwestern was exciting to learn about different research that are part of typical pregnancy.
Pros
seeing babies being born.
Cons
knowing that some babies died.
Learning Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2016
Complete institute of learning and a melting pot of cultures. The company encouraged development of talents and pushed to limits with new talents.
Pros
Large campus with many additional endeavors
Cons
Hard to find upward mobility in job descriptions
animal research
Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 4, 2016
Not saying all of UTSW is not good but my specific department is horrible. The hiring process was awful. They took two months to hire me and sent me emails saying they are waiting on some other employee to get her school schedule so because of that,they couldnt give me an answer at the time. I had two interviews during that course. The Supervisor has no business being a supervisor. No communication,disorganized and when you do, its rude and condicending,they write you up for being stuck in traffic cause of accidents they have NO understanding of family and kids meaning if you have one, they will not support you if your child is sick. Training...or lack there of. Is awful! It's basically non existent. They are not flexible with the schedule even though they say you can choose one, you can get in trouble for changing it and not getting proper permission. When i was hired, they said no weekends except a few saturdays like every some many months. After i was hired the tech that worked sundays apparently quit(wonder why) so then w/o discussion from super, we now ALL had to work the whole weekend. We dont make overtime for doing it, we take off early friday and monday. Just be warned when considering as there are several positions open for this job.
Pros
paid medical
Great Company
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 8, 2016
This Hospital is the best hospital to work for. They care about their employees and they care about their patients. They pay well and you have a chance to move up. I wish I had never left, but I am trying to get back to UT. They taught me so much, and all you need to do is work hard and you will go far.
Pros
Great company over all
Cons
Non that I can think of
UT southwestern
Facility Planner/Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2016
UT is a great place to work, the mangerial department seems to care about there employees well being. The other benefit is not having to work on weekends.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Obligated to come to work on icey weather days
Therapy PT/OT department
Physical Medicine & Rehab therapist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Pros - great co-workers, good team of therapists. Plenty of therapeutic modalities for early mobilization of patients.

Cons - Micromanaged use of time.
Mandatory lunches (i.e. cannot work an honest 8 hours and leave, must be there 8.5 hours).
Mandatory locations in which to clock in and out (i.e. cannot clock in upon entering building, must go to assigned floor before you may clock in or out).
Must work 4 weekend shifts. Yes, 4!
Lack of flexibility in scheduling.
Difficulty finding parking.
Exciting
Registration Representative (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 16, 2015
A typical day at work for me at the Federal Reserve Bank was ; locating all the out-of-balance conditions I was responsible for, correction them, and moving on the next exciting project. Both the management team and co-workers at my time of employment were a true pleasure to work with.
Pros
lots of room for advancement
Cons
No cons
Very friendly co workers
Registered Nurse/ Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 7, 2015
First Job In US.
Learned basic patient care.
Friendly atmosphere to work with.
It was hard to adjust the work at first.
Worked till get the RN license.
coloring outside the lines
Senior Business Analyst - QA team (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2015
is frowned upon
government = bureaucracy, no accountability and mediocricy
if you are happy with the status quo and being told 'exactly' what to do and when "it's the UT way".
benefits
Cons
strictly controlled, no 'out-of-the-box', status quo, lifers
ERP Analyst
ERP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2015
They do not have the perfect corporate lifestyle.
They do not follow the standard software life cycle.
Team you belong depends
It's okay
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2015
Large and diverse. Takes a bit of getting used to, but there is room for growth and opportunity. Researchers, doctor's and students everywhere and supporting them is a privilege.
Pros
Multitude of opportunities
Cons
Finding a good fit in so much diversity
Friendly and learning environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 18, 2015
Learning hospital system configurations. Management was awesome; very friendly and understanding. Co workers were all older than me but very friendly and took me under their wings.
Excellent
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2015
An excellent place to work you will learn alot. This organization has excellent benefits for their employees.

This organization fosters excellent management and customer service skills.
great place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2015
great people to work with.love patients great great great,love working their work there 20 yr,injoy the building, great supervisor the area was gooded
Pros
was great supervisior
Cons
happy place
scanned in new patient charts
HIM Analysis Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2015
I really learned a lot with scanning in charts and also learning the confidintuality of the business. I also got a chance to know tons of nice people and staff
its ok
Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2015
moved to cuh new hospital need work on management and organization but other than that great place people are ok to get along with after the first month or so.
benefits
Cons
everthing else
stability,great workplace,self-scheduling,life work balance,career advancement,informative,wondreful staff and mangement.
Patient Care Tech(Float Pool) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2015
Outstanding patient care,educational and efficient. I've had an excellent experience working for this company. any questions or concerns I have someone is always there with an answer. UT Southwestern is dedicated in working as a team to make sure the patients are comfortable as well as going above and beyond expectations.
Pros
self-scheduling
Cons
under staffed at times.
poor management
admitting rep (Current Employee) –  dallas pm&rOctober 22, 2015
Unless you are management or a Doctor, you're not respected.. your time off request are always denied. Management is very hands off and non supportive. They are to busy taking their own vacation days. You are over worked and you may be able to move around but not UP...
Pros
benefits, state job
Cons
leadership, pay, advancement, Training.

UT Southwestern Medical Center Reviews by Location