UT Southwestern Medical Center

UT Southwestern Medical Center Employer Reviews

They do great things there, but job security lacks.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2015
Pros: autonomy, no real micro-management, great professors/professionals in the field.
Cons: maybe a more streamlined training program for psychometrists, but ultimately it was a great experience.
Most research jobs are funded by grants, which places a lot of pressure for them to hire the right person, this is one reason why they drag their feet in the hiring process among other things. Working for a great medical center/school was a dream of mine, and something I really enjoyed. Being part of a great cause was the biggest reason I went there in addition to working with some of the best minds in the field of neuropsychology and neurology. I just wish it had worked out better, I did not possess the adequate amount of skill to complete the position that I was hired for. My boss was gracious enough to always have a private conversation with her in her office to talk about alternatives and eventually allowed me to resign which saved my ability to be rehired at UTSW.

While it didn't work out for me then, I still highly recommend UTSW. I volunteered for over a year as a researcher to get hired on full time.
Great Customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Dallas,TxMarch 2, 2015
GREAT Visitors , Fun Work Station , Outstanding Benefits, Clean Facility, cxkjvhsaljvbljsaf'vjsffffffffbv'jbljsaj'lvbjsa bvsohvshkljhvgcfxdsaesrdtyuijok;ljhgfrdtyu7iopl;kjhgfdre567890-[p;lkjhgfrd4567890-[plokjhuygtfr567890
Politics
Assistant Manager in an acute rehab setting (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 2, 2015
Cons: management anywhere you go in utsw is bad.
A typical day at work is stressful, not because of the job, but because of the managers. They make your life miserable, that turnover is high. Politics is everywhere but it's more prominent here.
Administration Assistant - Student Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasFebruary 27, 2015
This was one of the best jobs I've had. The worked day was very busy.You never got bored or side tracked because there was always something to do. I learned how to pace myself when it comes to working in a business setting. The management and co-workers were great.
Good Benefits
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: different management all the time
Enjoyed working w/ some of my patients I saw on daily basis. Medical benefits where awesome. The department doesn't get compensated enough for our work. Management changed a lot which cause lack of communication. Didn't feel heard.
Busy place to work
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: short or no breaks
hardest part of the job is the quick turnaround times,

reactive management styles
Best part of the job is the salary

non effective management
Great Campus
Clinic Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2015
UTSW has many clinics and many departments providing the opportunity for advancement. I liked the campus a lot and the people I worked with
Good department to work for.
Clinical Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 10, 2015
I really enjoyed working for urology. It was a great experience.
I enjoyed my learning experience as well.
Everyone here treated you like family.
Great Benefits
Clinic Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work Great place to work
N/A
Senior Sales & Marketing Representative (Current Employee), Dallas TXJanuary 30, 2015
I received great experience working at UTSW. They have Great benefits. No room for advancement in my role. Loved the people I worked with, but did not get the support I needed from upper management.
The Float pool is the best!
Float Clinical Staff Assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Operate in a variety of clinics across UTSW campus to cover staffing shortages; responsible for improving workflows to increase quality patient care.
Interesting Field
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Offers a variety of medical areas to be involved with. It can be difficult to work with doctors and certain medical fields.
Good Place to work
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2015
Great place to learn in terms of processing patient specimens and volume management.
Exciting place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2015
I have a great job. Co- workers are great. I learn new things everyday.
productive workplace
Instructor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2015
This is the best research place to work in DFW area. If somebody want to do medical research in DFW area, UT southwestern will be the best place. The quality of work and research is outstanding. Research publication level is top level in the world.
However, since this institute is full of postdoctoral researchers, it is very competitive environment and work-related stress level is also high
Good Compensation and Benefits
SR. BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 25, 2014
This company has pretty good compensation and good benefits. The team dynamic was also good. The company was willing to train you in areas that you aren't as strong in. You are also able to learn a lot through cross training
It is a great institute
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2014
I love working here. The postdoc training program is very beneficial for us. The facilities is the best.
N/A
Mover (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 28, 2014
Nice place to work. Great opportunities for advancement. Will take you very far in life.
Great!
Clinical Data Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 24, 2014
Great Company to work for!
I learned a great deal. The benefits are really nice.
Great Benefits
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: management
Job has a variety of tasks which can change at any moment. Everything you do is for the benefit of a doctor. Time management is the most important aspect of this place. The doctors rely heavily on you to keep up with their schedules and meetings. Co-workers are okay, but as normal you will not get along with everyone you meet. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with the doctors on some instances. The best part of the job is knowing you have helped out the doctor to better serve the patients who have cancer.

1 2 3 4 5