UT Southwestern Medical Center Employee Reviews

Great learning environment
Research Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2017
I have learned so much during my time here and have learned to be efficient with my time and experiments. The work is not too stressful and the supervisors are more than willing to answer any questions.
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2017
Great place to work. My experience there was great. I really like the patients care there. I like the management as well. I will surely recommend this place
Non stop, fast pace, filled with opportunities for growth.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 18, 2017
Employment at UT Southwestern can become a fast paced, ever changing environment for growth that come in many challenging ways,As the moment presents itself.
Great benefits and job growth
SUPERVISOR / DEPARTMENT OF OPHTHALMOLOGY (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2017
This large organization has excellent benefits and room for growth. They value their employees and tend to promote from within the company. Due to it being a state ran organization the culture can be a bit of a culture shock.
ACO Health support specialist / Community health worker
MSRDP Community health worker (Former Employee) –  Care coordinationJune 12, 2017
The MSRDP ACO community health support speacialist and Community health worker role in the Care coordination department is horrible, mainly it's the Management the lack of direction the department doesn't get along, doesn't work together and just disorganized, I def would not reccoment anybody! To work for this department, Ut southwestern is a great place to work at, just not the care coordination department as great as they want to make it seem.
Benefits
UT Southwestern
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2017
Great diversity with opportunity to grow in all areas to maximize ones potential. The management is great as well as the workplace culture. Great food.
No room for advancement
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 3, 2017
The department I worked in had no room for advancement, and my desire to contribute in areas of my expertise went unacknowledged. Management was unwilling to advance anyone who had not originally come from a scientific background.
Pros
Good medical benefits, diverse cultural experience, and great location.
Cons
Retro thinking management within a high tech environment is a recipe for status quo.
Horrible Culture, Terrible Management
Communications & Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2017
Unprofessional, unqualified management, insensitive and degrading. Very stressful environment, high turnover, lack of interdepartment cooperation. Leadership leaves a lot to be desired.
Amazing educational experience
Business Continuity Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 31, 2017
I was responsible for creating the campuses Closed Point of Dispensing Plan. It was a big undertaking for a college intern. What I did like about my superiors was that they did not micromanage. They left me to my own devices and let me figure out how to solve the problems
Pros
no micromanagement
Cons
nothing
Great Working Environment
Contract Administrator I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 30, 2017
Great Management Team, the benefits are great, the overall working environment is pleasant to work in. I hope to be able to retire from UT Southwestern.
Excellent place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 28, 2017
New facility. Great doctors. Opportunities for advancement. Long hours. Short breaks. Great benefits. Centrally located in the metroplex. The facility encourages continuing education efforts.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
Everyone at UT Southwestern are professional and kind hearted.
Everyone goes out of their way to help you.
Smiling faces everywhere you turn.
The environment is so happy.
Stressful
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 25, 2017
Hospital has too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Very hierarchical and expect you to be in your place. You have to be very careful what you say in front of people.
Huge company
Claims Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TxMay 25, 2017
A great place to learn and plenty of people with 20 plus years of experience. Advancement is good as long as your manager likes you. Wrong people in management positions.
Great Job horrible management
Sr. Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
Room for advancement is possible. State funded job so promotions etc. can be slim. Depending on the department it can move quickly. A lot of who you know and not what you can do.
Unhealthy Culture, Toxic, Unequal Employee Opportunity Employer
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  UTSouthwestern Medical Center DallasMay 24, 2017
The job culture, and morale was low, and reflected the type of leadership involved.
The department had a high turnover rate for employees and management. Micromanaging was at an all time high, by the staff as well! Management and supervisor are very incompetent, including HR, upper management, EEO and compliance who are all in cahoots with each other. The employees don't have any support but themselves.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting goals that I set for myself each day, and clocking out. Moving forward, I've learned to do an extensive research before accepting a job.
Benefits
Cons
Administration, leadership, staff
Fun Work Place
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 21, 2017
Enjoyed working here. A lot room to grow within the UTSW Health Care system. Enjoyed learning about new products and techniques put in place by management.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Not the best paying facility -
I have been working for UT Southwestern Medical Center since 2009. I love it there. I am on a floor where there a great ambiance.
ANM (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2017
My typical day at work can be very busy but very fulfilling. I love my work, and I love the people I work with. We are like a family. We all care for the patients and also care for each other. Management cares about the workers and our opinion really counts. I learned so much from that institution. I gained a lot of experience. I would not change a thing. I love the work environment and all the safety embedded in the system, I feel as if I cannot make a mistake. It is not a blaming or shameful environment, but one that supports the nurses and give you the chance to learn. Plus electronic charting at UT is improving frequently. When they isolate a safety issue, they are very quick to fix it.

I just graduated from NP school, and UT supported me through my journey. They paid my tuition. I am just so thankful that I was fortunate enough to take the opportunity to work here.
Pros
free lunches, friendly patients and coworkers
Cons
acuity can be high, a very fast pace. Sometimes change happens rapidly but it helps you learn
Very challenging
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2017
Answered 75 to 100 calls daily, answered emails, scheduling, and cancelling all imaging appointments for main campus and satellite campuses. I learned a lot regarding the details of imaging exams and insurance guidelines pertaining to scheduling.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
the commute
Clinical Registered Nurse, Surgical ICU (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
UT offers a lot of education opportunities. The classes that they offer there are actually pretty interesting and worth the time. The management is wonderful, possibly the best I've seen compared to other hospitals. The downside about UT is that working in the ICU's, they end up being short staffed frequently. They do 1-on-1's over there, so if you get a 1-on-1 assignment then you will never get a second patient. However, if you have two patients, then when they are short on nurses, you will get tripled. They try and make it so that you get easy patients, but sometimes that doesn't work out that way. The nurses work really hard over there. A lot of the responsibility falls solely on the nurses. They draw their own labs, even if they are sticks. They manage all the trachs and do all the trach care. It's more physician driven than nurse driven.
Pros
Benefits, pay, education opportunities
Cons
Short staffed, large work loads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

UT Southwestern Medical Center Reviews by Location