Utah Attorney General's Office Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
There is always room for improvement
Special Agent/Criminal Investigator (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTApril 20, 2017
Basic investigation training is unheard of at my agency. Training offered for your specialty assignment is approximately every nine months each year.

Our Agency lacks the relationships needed to foster a partnership with another local or State law enforcement agency to have shared quarterly training. An agreement to share training of our expertise with an agency's basic training. We are still sworn officers that have daily contact with the public in a variety of situations. Our Policing skills are perishable and need updating.

Management:The management is a one layer organization chart. We have the chief, two Section Chiefs, and five Special Agent Supervisors, and then about 35 line investigators. There is no room for promotion, merit programs and no rotation positions exist.

The most important part of my job is I still get to help people that most of the time cannot help themselves. A Thank you every two months from the community is ok by me.
Pros
Utah Retirement Account
Cons
No paid lunch and no minimum call out policy
Hard Work and Dedication
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 17, 2014
Working with the assistant attorney generals office an experience any paralegal prays to have. I learned a lot more in court experience, you can't judge a book by its cover. I enjoyed being able to work under little supervision, because I am a hard worker and dedicated to my job. I am not afraid to learn new things and step outside of my box to be more creative with a team.

I tend to work fast on my work and days I would get done hours before I got off, and had to consistently around for extra work due to my eagerness to finish my work.

Some employees on the job site were amazing and understanding to work with and was not afraid to come to me almost any project, because they knew I had the knowledge to get it done.

Want to know more about Utah Attorney General's Office?

Ask a question