Utah State University Employee Reviews

Utah State University was a great place to work
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Utah State University. I was able to work my job around my class schedule when I was also a student. I gained incredibly valuable work experience.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Clean, Productive envrionment for the public & students.
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Blanding, UTJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work would be calm and easy going. It's always fun to have something go on as well as not. I learned how to operate some technology that teachers used on a daily basis.
Loved working with the children and sharing my passion for nutrition
EFNEP Nutrition Assistant & Teacher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTJanuary 10, 2016
I taught nutrition classes in the public schools through a non profit program through Utah state. It was challenging to keep the kids focused so I developed visual teaching aids that were interactive. I loved the continuing education and monthly meetings working with the other EFNEP employees. It was challenging to remember to calculate my mileage, so I decided to start taking pictures of mileage with my phone so I would remember to document it when I got home and had more accurate records.
Pros
Great schedule, very felxible
Cons
too many hours for a part time job while I was working 40 hours already
A good job for students
Marketplace Foodservice Team Member (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 7, 2016
The Marketplace is very flexible and the hours are good for students. Coworkers are helpful and fun to work with and the managers show care and concern for the employees.
Pros
Free meals every time you work, Easy to build schedule around classes
Cons
little chance for promotion
Responsibilities and fun at the same place!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 5, 2016
Place which bought out a coder in me! I was the only person working here for the intern job and had the work done. There was stress but there was freedom of work. The supervisor is a cool guy who never had a hurry and explained stuff whenever needed.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Timing conflicts
International Students Jobs Opportunities
Data collection Clerk (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 25, 2015
I have had such a wonderful experience by working for USU. A very safe and friendly environment. I learned a lot about the cultural environment and the dedication one should put into what one does.
Great if you don't mind uncertainty
Lead Test and Safety Pilot AggieAir/UWRL (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 22, 2015
I work with a research lab that has no real job security. Always wondering if I will have a job in the next year. Great fun work. amazing people to work with and great experience builder.
Pros
Great work environment, Great people
Cons
Ok Pay, no real job security past a year
I love my co-workers and students
Staff Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 8, 2015
I love my department that I work in. The people are great. The pay is horrible and my department head doesn't try to make it better.
Pros
Faculty and Students
Cons
Pay
Great people, great place, progressive and fun
Campus Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 23, 2015
I loved my time at Utah State University! They were great to work with and I would not hesitate to work with them again!

I loved the work place, the environment was very fun and inviting. There were not very many opportunities to progress and the pay was pretty low but it was fun to work with those people.
Pros
Great environment, very fun
Cons
No benefits, pays pretty low, minimum wage
Loved working for this University
Night Lead (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 16, 2015
I loved working for the university because they were willing to work with my school schedule. While providing me with a way to make money while going to school.
IT WAS GOOD
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 28, 2015
It is a very good place to work. The work pressure is very less. All together goals are achieved and benefits are good for overall development.
Great school with supportive staff
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 1, 2015
The instructors that I was a TA for were interested in my other responsibilities and did their best to work around them. The weekly workload varied greatly from week-to-week because of when student papers were due. Reading and marking them was my most time consuming responsibility.
Pros
Excellent staff and support
Cons
I would have preferred more classes specific to my field of interest (gerontology)
Stable Environment
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTAugust 27, 2015
A Stable organization that is well managed and fun. Plenty of diversity in tasks and responsibilities. Regular hours and good benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Growth
Instable
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Utah State University, Logan, UtahJuly 23, 2015
The job hours were very unreliable. The job itself was fun to do because there was a lot to do. The job had fun people around it but the problem is you never knew how many hours you were going to get at a time.
Great Place
:Utah State University Uintah Basin Campus (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTJuly 16, 2015
Utah State University is a great place to work classes are small and you can do lots of great things in Class great participation and you get to know your students and be involved it their success
Fun enviornment to work
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTJuly 6, 2015
Working at the college was great. The management was great in working with my work schedule while attending classes. Co-workers were awesome in helping and awesome to get along with.
Pros
Being able to attend classes.
Cons
Not enough hours and no advancement available.
Great experience working with plants during my PhD program
Grad Student (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 3, 2015
I acquired a great knowledge during the development of my PhD program, learning different techniques such as qRT-PCR, cytology, embryology, northern and southern blot, among others.
Fun place to work as a student and possibly more
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 24, 2015
This was a great place to work. The university professors are easy to work with and hours can be adjusted depending on your work schedule
Productive and great place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UtahJune 15, 2015
Totally it was great working there where we learn typical technical skills and apply it on research. Learnt many new technologies like Natural Language Processing, Data Analysis and many during this period
Pros
Cons
Odd times
It was a typical graduate school experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 9, 2015
My work experience here was mainly positive. There are long hours for research but that is too be expected in any graduate program me. The teaching load was not too heavy and the students were mostly respectful and positive; a joy to teach.

4.2