Utah State University Employee Reviews

One of my most favorite jobs ever
Science Demonstration Builder (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 15, 2017
The hours were flexible. I was building and testing fascinating things. Lots of opportunities to share these projects with others. I would go back in a heartbeat to do that job again.
Fun and relaxed work environment with flexible hours
Research/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 15, 2017
My typical day at work was pretty relaxed and easy-going. I learned a lot more about web design and Adobe Suite programs. The management there is pretty good, though I only worked for the Biology department, so I don't know how the others are.
Pros
flexible schedule, relaxed environment
Cons
no health benefits
Usu
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 13, 2017
Great place to work and I love teaching students! Staff is friendly and helpful and my hours were easy! The job is very rewarding! I hope to stay there for a while!
Rich Experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 9, 2017
This is the first experience for me in professional world.I really enjoyed,learned management skills,working in pressure and interaction techniques. I am still learning things of professional world.
Pros
Friendly Surrounding
Cons
Low payroll
Learning
Intern (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 2, 2017
You get to be outside and active and in the lab. It is great because it provides so many chances to learn new skills. The people are always upbeat a d happy.
Lively and Productive
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 2, 2017
A typical day at work and very accessible for students looking for work at the school. It might be a bit hard if you don't know how to manage your time and balancing it out with studying, work, and your social life.
Productive, interactive workplace
Aggie Connection Caller (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 30, 2017
Through this job, I learned a lot about how to talk on the phone. I have learned how to push through difficulty and how to talk to people, and make conversation.
University Employment, good life balance
Business Assistant II, Scholarship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 30, 2017
Okay benefits, not great pay, wonderful management. Decent mobility and great work-life balance. University cares about employees and families. They don't pay for employee parking
Demanding, but laid back work environment
Computer Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 25, 2017
Working as a tutor for the computer science department requires good communication skills and the ability to problem solve. The environment is friendly and the other employees are genuine and helpful.
Flexible, great work environment
Undergraduate Teaching Fellow (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 21, 2017
Utah State is a great place to work as well as go to school. The professor and faculty wanted to help me succeed as a student, an Undergraduate Teacher Fellow, and as a researcher. They were flexible with my schedule and were always helpful.
Great university that creates and encourages research and employment opportunities for full-time students
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 21, 2017
Wonderful people to work with. Always felt encouraged. Worked with my class schedule. Was able to work as much or as little as I could handle. Always willing to help me get more learning opportunities.
Very nice and friendly environment
Russian Instructor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 17, 2017
It is a very nice place to work. Everyone is always friendly and willing to help any time.The environment of the campus is very welcoming. But the most enjoyable part of my work is my students.
Productive environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 10, 2017
A flexible schedule and productive environment at work. Working at USU can be challenging at times, as the deadlines can create an imbalances in the work-life routine. All in all, its a good place to learn and grow.
Interesting job, focussed and movtivated to make changes in the community for the better.
Biographical Recorder (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 6, 2017
This was a wonderful place to work, with friendly co workers and an interesting goal. As we searched for new information, we learned and felt like we were truly making a difference, although it was small in the future of our University. This was an amazing learning experience!
Pros
The atmosphere and the flexible hours, they really worked with our Student hours.
Cons
We were sitting for much of the day.
Lab Work
Soils Technician (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 24, 2017
I worked under a grad student to collect soil samples and run tests on the samples. I learned to work in a laboratory setting and the process involved in the different soil analysis. I learned a lot from this job and I appreciated the work environment.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 21, 2017
This job was a blast. Not only was I able to learn life skills from the job itself I was also able to further my education at the University. The management was great about letting me work on homework when I needed and they were very accommodating when it came to working around my class schedule.
Pros
Lenient work schedule
Excellent Student Job
Computer Lab Consultant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 20, 2017
The ability to work on campus while attending school is a definite benefit. The culture of the work place is great due to excellent coworkers and management.
Grad student at USU.
Automated Vehicle Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 19, 2017
The job can be great or poor based on who your professor is. The school itself has a bunch of great resources to support its researchers. The ice cream is great!
Fun place to work as a college student
Phonathon Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 6, 2017
This is a great place to work if you a also attending Utah State University. The hours are very reasonable, 3 hour long shifts in the evening. You also get all holidays off of work.
Pros
Work well with school
Cons
Hard to advance
Exceptional Opportunities
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 6, 2017
The typical day involved interacting with many children, demonstrating mathematics techniques to children age 3 to 5, gathering consent forms and providing information to parents and providers.
Pros
Applying what I had learned
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utah State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2