Utah State University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Student Coach (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTAugust 2, 2017
This was a great place to be. The amount of work needed to be done kept you busy. The work environment was lovely and everybody got along, for the most part. There was much to take away from there everyday you stepped into the office. Working with players and helping them understand different aspects of the game was a thrill.
Pros
Free Lunches
It was very convenient for a full-time student.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 28, 2017
It's a typical cleaning morning shift. The downside is how early it was during the week, but you got weekends and breaks office. The cleaning crew was awesome and super friendly.
Great Place to grow and learn
Flight Instructor - Part 141 University (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 27, 2017
This is a great place to work, I only left to further my career. The only reasons I gave a couple ratings less than 5 stars is because the pay is low, as to be expected for flight instructor jobs, and the chief flight instructor is the middle man and the school tells the chief whether or not they like the instructor based on student reviews.
Pros
It is a family environment
Cons
low pay
It is an overall great place to work and further your education.
CHASS HR Specialist/ Business Asst II (Current Employee) –  Journalism and Communication departmentJuly 7, 2017
Academia is completely different than working in any other profession. We answer to the legislature. It is very difficult to get paid what you are worth, but the overall benefits are great. The environment is very clean, it is a beautiful campus and it gives you the opportunity to further your education at a minimal cost.
Good times with good management
Undergraduate Teaching Fellowship in Marketing (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 27, 2017
A fun place to work, especially if you're a student. You're able to maintain a nice work/life balance. The jobs itself aren't anything too stressful. Relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Work/Life, Fun atmosphere, get paid to learn more, perfect for students
Cons
Kind of boring work, could pay better.
Great group of employees
Irrigation Technician (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 22, 2017
A great summer job. It was exciting to see brown plants turn green. Utah State University Facilities assists the City of Logan trying to make the valley look great. We covered not only the University campus but a small part as well. A great group of employees to work with.
Pros
Getting sprayed with a rogue sprinkler
Cons
Working with rusty pipes
Friendly and instructive environment
Utah, U.S. - Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 14, 2017
Working hours were flexible, I would show up at work and I would normally interact with my supervisor for a little bit and then go and do my job.

It was a pretty laid back workplace culture. No one was constantly on somebody's nose or anything. We were pretty mature and responsible employees.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
health care
Good
Facilities Maintenance Representative (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 6, 2017
Utah State University has great benefits and half-off tuition for full-time employees and their families. Management in my particular department was lacking, however.
Loved it
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 30, 2017
Working here is great because I am treated as intelligent and as a good person. No one talks down to me. I don't feel like I need to be put in my place by some hierarchy. I love the people I work with too.
Pros
good environment, hours, and treatment
Cons
I needed more hours
Potentially a great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 26, 2017
Great people, great area! Hard to find positions that pay the prevailing wage. Promotions are sometimes not based on merit. Students are wonderful and it's a fun environment.
One of my most favorite jobs ever
Science Demonstration Builder (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 15, 2017
The hours were flexible. I was building and testing fascinating things. Lots of opportunities to share these projects with others. I would go back in a heartbeat to do that job again.
Fun and relaxed work environment with flexible hours
Research/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 15, 2017
My typical day at work was pretty relaxed and easy-going. I learned a lot more about web design and Adobe Suite programs. The management there is pretty good, though I only worked for the Biology department, so I don't know how the others are.
Pros
flexible schedule, relaxed environment
Cons
no health benefits
Usu
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 13, 2017
Great place to work and I love teaching students! Staff is friendly and helpful and my hours were easy! The job is very rewarding! I hope to stay there for a while!
Rich Experience
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 9, 2017
This is the first experience for me in professional world.I really enjoyed,learned management skills,working in pressure and interaction techniques. I am still learning things of professional world.
Pros
Friendly Surrounding
Cons
Low payroll
Learning
Intern (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 2, 2017
You get to be outside and active and in the lab. It is great because it provides so many chances to learn new skills. The people are always upbeat a d happy.
Lively and Productive
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 2, 2017
A typical day at work and very accessible for students looking for work at the school. It might be a bit hard if you don't know how to manage your time and balancing it out with studying, work, and your social life.
Productive, interactive workplace
Aggie Connection Caller (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 30, 2017
Through this job, I learned a lot about how to talk on the phone. I have learned how to push through difficulty and how to talk to people, and make conversation.
University Employment, good life balance
Business Assistant II, Scholarship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 30, 2017
Okay benefits, not great pay, wonderful management. Decent mobility and great work-life balance. University cares about employees and families. They don't pay for employee parking
Demanding, but laid back work environment
Computer Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 25, 2017
Working as a tutor for the computer science department requires good communication skills and the ability to problem solve. The environment is friendly and the other employees are genuine and helpful.
Flexible, great work environment
Undergraduate Teaching Fellow (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 21, 2017
Utah State is a great place to work as well as go to school. The professor and faculty wanted to help me succeed as a student, an Undergraduate Teacher Fellow, and as a researcher. They were flexible with my schedule and were always helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utah State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2