Utah State University Employee Reviews in United States

its a great work environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 24, 2016
its a great work environment but you have to live in a small town with very limited facilities! you enjoy the security and suffer from cold long winters
Pros
security
Cons
small town
good place to work
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTJune 23, 2016
I would go to work and take care of the children and play with them. and I would clean, prepare meals, and fold laundry. it was a good work experience
Flexible hours
Statistics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 7, 2016
Work hours were flexible, helping students learn math and statistics concepts was rewarding. Learned how to come at the same problem from many different angles.
Very rewarding
Recruiter and Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTMay 27, 2016
Very high intrinsic motivators--the stories of our students is why we do what we do. Having front seat to see the lives of students change is truly priceless.
Pros
vacations, health insurance benefits
Poor administrative structure from Logan
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Price, UTMay 19, 2016
Poor administrative structure, poor top-down communication. Hostile work environment in some areas of the satellite campus locations.
fun work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 9, 2016
simple work, class work, easy... have I used enough words yet. School is school... it's not that difficult. You just show up and do the work required.
love the environment -- working with the aviation students is so enjoyable
Business Assistant I - Airport Student Services (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 15, 2016
spend most of my day managing student flight accounts. the folks I work with are very supportive and are a pleasure to work with and for.
Good place to work but lacks in opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 14, 2016
USU has been a good employer that is exactly what you'd expect it to be. It is low stress and moderate to low workloads. There are opportunities to continue your education and most supervisors are willing to accommodate anything. The departments that I am familiar with do not provide many opportunities for pay advancement. There is also some difficulty in proposing new ideas/methods where many colleagues have been working at the university for a long time without much change.
Pros
flexability, supplement education.
Cons
low salaries, bureaucracy
A stepping stone to greener pastures!
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 12, 2016
Insufficient Pay!
Bad management.
Employee pays all travel expenses and is reimbursed later. Try doing this when your personal budget is stretched thin by the low pay!
Unprofessional attitude.
Plagiarism in research publications is practiced at USU, or at least by some professors.
Pros
There are many nice people that work at USU. You can learn some marketable skills to use elsewhere!
Cons
Too many to list.
Worked at service desk and swimming pool
Service Desk/Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 4, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for the University. I was able to work well with my co-workers and was responsible for both sells and safety of the swimmers.
Internship Program
Intern (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 23, 2016
As part of my degree program, I participated in my APA approved program through Utah State University. Duties included providing individual and group counseling, crisis counseling, and specialty program in Learning and ADHD assessments.
Good Place to Work
Biographical Recorder (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 10, 2016
They are understanding when you have to take off work for class, and whatnot. This is a work study job though so I am sure that is why they don't really care.
Pros
Lunches at the desk
Cons
Long boring work
Great place to work, friendly environment;
Staff Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 25, 2016
One of the best places I have ever had opportunity to work. Beautiful campus, friendly, respectful, polite people.

I enjoyed very much working with and for students, having opportunity to gain new skills (web administrator, payroll, administrative advisor). Colleagues were helpful and I made a lot of friends over there.
Pros
Campus location one of the most beautiful in this country.
Utah State University was a great place to work
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Utah State University. I was able to work my job around my class schedule when I was also a student. I gained incredibly valuable work experience.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Clean, Productive envrionment for the public & students.
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Blanding, UTJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work would be calm and easy going. It's always fun to have something go on as well as not. I learned how to operate some technology that teachers used on a daily basis.
Loved working with the children and sharing my passion for nutrition
EFNEP Nutrition Assistant & Teacher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTJanuary 10, 2016
I taught nutrition classes in the public schools through a non profit program through Utah state. It was challenging to keep the kids focused so I developed visual teaching aids that were interactive. I loved the continuing education and monthly meetings working with the other EFNEP employees. It was challenging to remember to calculate my mileage, so I decided to start taking pictures of mileage with my phone so I would remember to document it when I got home and had more accurate records.
Pros
Great schedule, very felxible
Cons
too many hours for a part time job while I was working 40 hours already
A good job for students
Marketplace Foodservice Team Member (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 7, 2016
The Marketplace is very flexible and the hours are good for students. Coworkers are helpful and fun to work with and the managers show care and concern for the employees.
Pros
Free meals every time you work, Easy to build schedule around classes
Cons
little chance for promotion
Responsibilities and fun at the same place!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 5, 2016
Place which bought out a coder in me! I was the only person working here for the intern job and had the work done. There was stress but there was freedom of work. The supervisor is a cool guy who never had a hurry and explained stuff whenever needed.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Timing conflicts
International Students Jobs Opportunities
Data collection Clerk (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 25, 2015
I have had such a wonderful experience by working for USU. A very safe and friendly environment. I learned a lot about the cultural environment and the dedication one should put into what one does.
Great if you don't mind uncertainty
Lead Test and Safety Pilot AggieAir/UWRL (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 22, 2015
I work with a research lab that has no real job security. Always wondering if I will have a job in the next year. Great fun work. amazing people to work with and great experience builder.
Pros
Great work environment, Great people
Cons
Ok Pay, no real job security past a year

4.2