Utah State University Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work but lacks in opportunities
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 14, 2016
USU has been a good employer that is exactly what you'd expect it to be. It is low stress and moderate to low workloads. There are opportunities to continue your education and most supervisors are willing to accommodate anything. The departments that I am familiar with do not provide many opportunities for pay advancement. There is also some difficulty in proposing new ideas/methods where many colleagues have been working at the university for a long time without much change.
Pros
flexability, supplement education.
Cons
low salaries, bureaucracy
A good job for students
Marketplace Foodservice Team Member (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 7, 2016
The Marketplace is very flexible and the hours are good for students. Coworkers are helpful and fun to work with and the managers show care and concern for the employees.
Pros
Free meals every time you work, Easy to build schedule around classes
Cons
little chance for promotion
Loved working with the children and sharing my passion for nutrition
EFNEP Nutrition Assistant & Teacher (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTJanuary 10, 2016
I taught nutrition classes in the public schools through a non profit program through Utah state. It was challenging to keep the kids focused so I developed visual teaching aids that were interactive. I loved the continuing education and monthly meetings working with the other EFNEP employees. It was challenging to remember to calculate my mileage, so I decided to start taking pictures of mileage with my phone so I would remember to document it when I got home and had more accurate records.
Pros
Great schedule, very felxible
Cons
too many hours for a part time job while I was working 40 hours already
Great people, great place, progressive and fun
Campus Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 23, 2015
I loved my time at Utah State University! They were great to work with and I would not hesitate to work with them again!

I loved the work place, the environment was very fun and inviting. There were not very many opportunities to progress and the pay was pretty low but it was fun to work with those people.
Pros
Great environment, very fun
Cons
No benefits, pays pretty low, minimum wage
Great if you don't mind uncertainty
Lead Test and Safety Pilot AggieAir/UWRL (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 22, 2015
I work with a research lab that has no real job security. Always wondering if I will have a job in the next year. Great fun work. amazing people to work with and great experience builder.
Pros
Great work environment, Great people
Cons
Ok Pay, no real job security past a year
A stepping stone to greener pastures!
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 12, 2016
Insufficient Pay!
Bad management.
Employee pays all travel expenses and is reimbursed later. Try doing this when your personal budget is stretched thin by the low pay!
Unprofessional attitude.
Plagiarism in research publications is practiced at USU, or at least by some professors.
Pros
There are many nice people that work at USU. You can learn some marketable skills to use elsewhere!
Cons
Too many to list.
Great working atmosphere
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 11, 2015
This job is a great place to work at. Being that it is in at a college you are bound to meet new people periodically, making it an interesting job. Management is very organized and make sure you get the hours you need. The hardest part of the job is when you show up to work to learn that you guys are short-handed which then leads to a longer day at work because productivity is now slower. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the job you are performing has a purpose for the sports event at hand and that you will be attending the sport event for free.
Pros
Benefits, meeting new people
Cons
Not for everybody
Great place to work, friendly environment;
Staff Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 25, 2016
One of the best places I have ever had opportunity to work. Beautiful campus, friendly, respectful, polite people.

I enjoyed very much working with and for students, having opportunity to gain new skills (web administrator, payroll, administrative advisor). Colleagues were helpful and I made a lot of friends over there.
Pros
Campus location one of the most beautiful in this country.
Fun enviornment to work
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTJuly 6, 2015
Working at the college was great. The management was great in working with my work schedule while attending classes. Co-workers were awesome in helping and awesome to get along with.
Pros
Being able to attend classes.
Cons
Not enough hours and no advancement available.
Resourceful and organized academic and research facilities.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 23, 2015
Eminent scientists and their valuable guidance helped my way to advance my career as a researcher in the field of reproductive immunology. I enjoyed working in a team as well as independently in the laboratory to meet the aims of my PhD dissertation research project. I learned writing, and reviewing the research proposals while working with collaborators and co-workers. I acquired skills on using equipment such as flow cytometer, HPLC etc. My life as a graduate research assistant and PhD student made me learn management skills in both academic and research areas. I highly am blessed being a PhD student at USU and highly approve and recommend it to other students.
Internship Program
Intern (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 23, 2016
As part of my degree program, I participated in my APA approved program through Utah State University. Duties included providing individual and group counseling, crisis counseling, and specialty program in Learning and ADHD assessments.
love the environment -- working with the aviation students is so enjoyable
Business Assistant I - Airport Student Services (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 15, 2016
spend most of my day managing student flight accounts. the folks I work with are very supportive and are a pleasure to work with and for.
Good Place to Work
Biographical Recorder (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 10, 2016
They are understanding when you have to take off work for class, and whatnot. This is a work study job though so I am sure that is why they don't really care.
Pros
Lunches at the desk
Cons
Long boring work
Overall Great Place to Work
Coordinator of Programs III (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 9, 2015
Other than being laid off, it was a good place to work. There was a family-like atmosphere, compensation and benefits were competitive, and it was easy to balance work life with home life.
Pros
family-like atmosphere, variety of work, excellent benefits package
Cons
laid off due to restructuring
Clean, Productive envrionment for the public & students.
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Blanding, UTJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work would be calm and easy going. It's always fun to have something go on as well as not. I learned how to operate some technology that teachers used on a daily basis.
Worked at service desk and swimming pool
Service Desk/Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTApril 4, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for the University. I was able to work well with my co-workers and was responsible for both sells and safety of the swimmers.
Poor administrative structure from Logan
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Price, UTMay 19, 2016
Poor administrative structure, poor top-down communication. Hostile work environment in some areas of the satellite campus locations.
Responsibilities and fun at the same place!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 5, 2016
Place which bought out a coder in me! I was the only person working here for the intern job and had the work done. There was stress but there was freedom of work. The supervisor is a cool guy who never had a hurry and explained stuff whenever needed.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Timing conflicts
Utah State University was a great place to work
Graphic Artist (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 21, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Utah State University. I was able to work my job around my class schedule when I was also a student. I gained incredibly valuable work experience.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
fun work
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  UtahMay 9, 2016
simple work, class work, easy... have I used enough words yet. School is school... it's not that difficult. You just show up and do the work required.

4.2