Utah State University Employee Reviews

good workplace atmosphere
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 16, 2017
I worked at Utah State University on a research program that is titled HOVERS. We observed videos to better improve home visits. Good experience, and the supervisors work with you. Takes time outside of meetings.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
hours required in addition to the meetings
Positive
Collections Assistant (Former Employee) –  Price, UTJanuary 11, 2017
Good experience but poor retention. Fine if you need a summer job between semesters. If, however you get in full-time it's amazing.
Work with Brilliant Intellectuals and DMV type Co-workers
Program Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 5, 2017
Working for USU gives you the experience of working with brilliant intellectuals and DMV type co-workers. All in all its a great place to work
Great Learning Environment, great professors
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 28, 2016
USU provides up to date training and education to provide you with experience that makes the transition from education to career seamless.
Great place to meet new people
Staff Assistance (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 27, 2016
Great job for flexibility of employees. As long as the work was completed they were happy. I enjoyed meeting people from all around the world and learning of other cultures and experiences.
Flexible TA Roles!
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 14, 2016
Utah State University gives great opportunities for flexible schedules with TA roles. I have worked for 3 semesters as a GTA for the Cain College of Arts and absolutely loved the flexibility and support from the school.
Fun and comfortable workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 13, 2016
The employyees are always willing to help and aid in anything you may need. The management is very reliable and willing to work with you if you have any concerns or questions.
Best part of a language teacher
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 9, 2016
To meet and teach students from around the world your native language. Not just that, but meet and work with military students and also people who lived abroad and were willing to connect that knowledge of culture to become citizens of the world through language.
Pros
Meet students and share my culture
It's a fun environment to work in
Football Player (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 22, 2016
This place is a good school and a good place to work. I would love to actually work here if I can but right now I'm just a football player. Not really considered an employee of the university
Fast paced hard working environment
Event Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 21, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day at work. You basically become the jack of all trades and tackle new tasks every single day. I learned everything you need to know about events and what they entail. Management could use some work, but overall I liked them. I really liked my co-workers and ended up being good friends with all of them. The hardest part of the job was the hours. You didn't have a social life to speak of. The best part of the job was learning new skills and getting to know your co-workers.
Pros
Behind the scenes look at events
Cons
low pay and difficult hours
Great work environment with friendly coworkers
CMS Programmer (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 25, 2016
I really enjoy working for Utah State University. Working for the Web Development team has been a great learning experience. I can honestly say that I have become great friends with many of my coworkers.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 17, 2016
I learned the most lab techniques. And my lab mates are very helpful. However,It's hard to make a life balance sometimes.
Pros
Good Productivity
Cons
less vocation
Poor administration!!!
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Logan, UT 84322September 14, 2016
Loved working with families but no support from supervisors. No appreciation for long hours. Beware the politics. No one has your back!
Pros
Working with families.
Cons
No support, requires you to work long hours, unwilling to help. Lots of politics and favoritism! Watch your back, there is nowhere to go for help if you have a negative situation, very stressful! Long hours!
Mindless job
Electrician/Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTAugust 17, 2016
If you just want to be a robot, this job is for you.
Nobody cares about efficiency, cost savings, usu is stuck in its oldtime ways and the ones running the shops (forman) dont give a darn about anything that changes their status, especially if it is logical and effective.
Pros
Im sure there are somewhere
Cons
Archaic system, nothing is efficient and NOBODY cares.
Great Flexibility, Low Pay
Nutrition Educator (Former Employee) –  Weber CountyAugust 13, 2016
I worked as a nutrition educator for the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program. The job provided great experience in teaching nutrition lessons to lower income clients and expanded my knowledge of the various government assistance programs available. The most difficult part of the job was recruiting clients and keeping track of all of the paperwork required. Additionally, there was little support from the supervisor. The pay doesn't match the work required, so there is a lot of turnover.
Pros
Great flexibility; great benefits
Cons
Low pay; Poor management
its a great work environment
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 24, 2016
its a great work environment but you have to live in a small town with very limited facilities! you enjoy the security and suffer from cold long winters
Pros
security
Cons
small town
good place to work
Assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTJune 23, 2016
I would go to work and take care of the children and play with them. and I would clean, prepare meals, and fold laundry. it was a good work experience
Flexible hours
Statistics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 7, 2016
Work hours were flexible, helping students learn math and statistics concepts was rewarding. Learned how to come at the same problem from many different angles.
Very rewarding
Recruiter and Development Officer (Current Employee) –  Tooele, UTMay 27, 2016
Very high intrinsic motivators--the stories of our students is why we do what we do. Having front seat to see the lives of students change is truly priceless.
Pros
vacations, health insurance benefits
Poor administrative structure from Logan
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Price, UTMay 19, 2016
Poor administrative structure, poor top-down communication. Hostile work environment in some areas of the satellite campus locations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utah State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2