Utah State University Employee Reviews

Great Place for students to work
Facility Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 12, 2017
Awesome place to work for going to school.
My current school schedule only allows maybe 10 hours of work each week so i've decided to look for something that will work past 4pm each day since my area i work only works till 4 at the latest.
Good benefit package
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 10, 2017
I love my job. Some of my co-workers are enjoyable. There are a lot of "politics" that one has to learn to deal with. I have been unfortunate to have to deal with management personnel that are not very skilled at managing.
Pros
job is fairly easy. love working in the student environment.
Cons
Lots of issues with the managerial positions. Lots of "favoritism" in the workplace.
What you put in is what you got out
GRADUATE RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 10, 2017
Being in the Graduate Program at USU was very fulfilling. There was a lot of room to grow if you wanted to or if you were conservative you could easily just follow your course work and be on your way.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Helpful People, Optional Opportunity
Cons
Narrow Mindframes
Fast paced internship, requires accuracy and figuring things out.
Nutrition Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 9, 2017
The research project was very well organized and well managed with a good solid team that was able to answer any questions you had. I was required to learn some as I went and problem solve and work with the local staff in order to accommodate them.
A really nice place to work.
Custodian Worker (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 7, 2017
It's a nice place to work. If you work part time the pay is normal, about $8-$9 when you start working. Good, calm environment, and the management is good as well.
Laid back environment, great for a student.
Personal Trainer/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 2, 2017
Laid back environment, great for a student. Work with employees and staff to help achieve health and fitness goals. Clean and organize the gym areas regularly.
Very little opportunity for advancement.
LAB MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 26, 2017
USU, in my department, ADVS, was not enjoyable. There was no room for advancement, I was not taught the skills I needed to succeed, and I would not go back.
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2017
Hey, if you are an Aggie how can you now love to work for this place? I love it! I needed it to more stable so I ended up leaving, but loved my short experience working there.
Great place to study
Division I Student-Athlete, (Former Employee) –  Cache County, UTSeptember 5, 2017
Beautiful, safe environment. Athletics are awesome. School Spirit is incredible. Attend all sporting events. Class sizes are ideal. Campus is perfect size.
Great co-workers
Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTSeptember 3, 2017
I enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is not being able to move upward in the positions I have been in. I enjoy our new directors and their commitment to their employees.
Excellent University
Graduate Student Instructor (Former Employee) –  Logan, UT 84321August 31, 2017
Small class sizes helped to reach out to individual students.
Faculty was very willing to assist in helping graduate and undergraduate students, as well as peers, advance their knowledge and enhance the tutelage of their students.
Youth Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTAugust 28, 2017
The manager is phenomenal and listens to his staff on just about everything. The job is very rewarding, you meet tons of people and assist them with all your needs.
Facilities (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTAugust 21, 2017
Good place to work with a lot of different people and a balanced workload. Pay is lower than average for similar jobs but the benefits do help a little bit.
Pros
Flexible vacation time
Productive and fun
Student Coach (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTAugust 2, 2017
This was a great place to be. The amount of work needed to be done kept you busy. The work environment was lovely and everybody got along, for the most part. There was much to take away from there everyday you stepped into the office. Working with players and helping them understand different aspects of the game was a thrill.
Pros
Free Lunches
It was very convenient for a full-time student.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 28, 2017
It's a typical cleaning morning shift. The downside is how early it was during the week, but you got weekends and breaks office. The cleaning crew was awesome and super friendly.
Great Place to grow and learn
Flight Instructor - Part 141 University (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 27, 2017
This is a great place to work, I only left to further my career. The only reasons I gave a couple ratings less than 5 stars is because the pay is low, as to be expected for flight instructor jobs, and the chief flight instructor is the middle man and the school tells the chief whether or not they like the instructor based on student reviews.
Pros
It is a family environment
Cons
low pay
It is an overall great place to work and further your education.
CHASS HR Specialist/ Business Asst II (Current Employee) –  Journalism and Communication departmentJuly 7, 2017
Academia is completely different than working in any other profession. We answer to the legislature. It is very difficult to get paid what you are worth, but the overall benefits are great. The environment is very clean, it is a beautiful campus and it gives you the opportunity to further your education at a minimal cost.
Good times with good management
Undergraduate Teaching Fellowship in Marketing (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 27, 2017
A fun place to work, especially if you're a student. You're able to maintain a nice work/life balance. The jobs itself aren't anything too stressful. Relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Work/Life, Fun atmosphere, get paid to learn more, perfect for students
Cons
Kind of boring work, could pay better.
Great group of employees
Irrigation Technician (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 22, 2017
A great summer job. It was exciting to see brown plants turn green. Utah State University Facilities assists the City of Logan trying to make the valley look great. We covered not only the University campus but a small part as well. A great group of employees to work with.
Pros
Getting sprayed with a rogue sprinkler
Cons
Working with rusty pipes
Friendly and instructive environment
Utah, U.S. - Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 14, 2017
Working hours were flexible, I would show up at work and I would normally interact with my supervisor for a little bit and then go and do my job.

It was a pretty laid back workplace culture. No one was constantly on somebody's nose or anything. We were pretty mature and responsible employees.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utah State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2