Utah State University Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place
:Utah State University Uintah Basin Campus (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTJuly 16, 2015
Utah State University is a great place to work classes are small and you can do lots of great things in Class great participation and you get to know your students and be involved it their success
Fun enviornment to work
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTJuly 6, 2015
Working at the college was great. The management was great in working with my work schedule while attending classes. Co-workers were awesome in helping and awesome to get along with.
Pros
Being able to attend classes.
Cons
Not enough hours and no advancement available.
Great experience working with plants during my PhD program
Grad Student (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 3, 2015
I acquired a great knowledge during the development of my PhD program, learning different techniques such as qRT-PCR, cytology, embryology, northern and southern blot, among others.
Fun place to work as a student and possibly more
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 24, 2015
This was a great place to work. The university professors are easy to work with and hours can be adjusted depending on your work schedule
Productive and great place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UtahJune 15, 2015
Totally it was great working there where we learn typical technical skills and apply it on research. Learnt many new technologies like Natural Language Processing, Data Analysis and many during this period
Pros
Cons
Odd times
It was a typical graduate school experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 9, 2015
My work experience here was mainly positive. There are long hours for research but that is too be expected in any graduate program me. The teaching load was not too heavy and the students were mostly respectful and positive; a joy to teach.
good work study job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 7, 2015
great experience as a senior in a work study job in a lab, was able to transition right into graduate school because of that experience, the department I worked for was great, fun environment, full of different opportunities and learning experiences
Good while in school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 29, 2015
I worked as a TA and research assistant, so this work was perfect for while I was in school. The research occurred when I didn't have classes and I was able to choose what lab time I wanted to have. This helped greatly. The compensation isn't amazing, but it's not bad either.
Ability to attend college half price tuition
Business Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 20, 2015
My position as the Executives personal Assistant as well as the departments allowed each day to present itself with a variety of needs, all being prioritized and accomplished.
Pros
Professional environent
Cons
Fire fighting for deadlines
Academic Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Price, UTMay 15, 2015
I've worked for USU for about 13 years and have loved it. Lots of locations in gorgeous parts of the country, and a great institution of higher learning.
Great working atmosphere
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 11, 2015
This job is a great place to work at. Being that it is in at a college you are bound to meet new people periodically, making it an interesting job. Management is very organized and make sure you get the hours you need. The hardest part of the job is when you show up to work to learn that you guys are short-handed which then leads to a longer day at work because productivity is now slower. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the job you are performing has a purpose for the sports event at hand and that you will be attending the sport event for free.
Pros
Benefits, meeting new people
Cons
Not for everybody
Great Experience in my field of study
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Logan, UtahMay 6, 2015
I was conducting a Research for the special education department. I need to go to different preschools and give test to the children to assest their ability to learn difference languages at the same time.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
after the research ended, didnt have a job anymore
Great Introduction to Teaching
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 24, 2015
This position allows students pursuing a teaching position in the future to experience what it is like to teach undergraduate students.
Pros
Gain Experience
Cons
Not a long-term employment opportunity.
Overall Great Place to Work
Coordinator of Programs III (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 9, 2015
Other than being laid off, it was a good place to work. There was a family-like atmosphere, compensation and benefits were competitive, and it was easy to balance work life with home life.
Pros
family-like atmosphere, variety of work, excellent benefits package
Cons
laid off due to restructuring
Online Course Developer Summary
Online Course Developer (Former Employee) –  Logan, UtahMarch 2, 2015
This was an excellent job right after graduation. I enjoyed the people I worked with, and the opportunities to continue learning, and to work with college faculty developing online education.
Good part time job
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 23, 2015
Fun job with interesting coworkers. Everyday learning something new. Hardest part of the job is getting shifts to work.
Pros
work whenever you want
Cons
not very consistent hours available
Resourceful and organized academic and research facilities.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 23, 2015
Eminent scientists and their valuable guidance helped my way to advance my career as a researcher in the field of reproductive immunology. I enjoyed working in a team as well as independently in the laboratory to meet the aims of my PhD dissertation research project. I learned writing, and reviewing the research proposals while working with collaborators and co-workers. I acquired skills on using equipment such as flow cytometer, HPLC etc. My life as a graduate research assistant and PhD student made me learn management skills in both academic and research areas. I highly am blessed being a PhD student at USU and highly approve and recommend it to other students.
Balance Work and Homework Well
Writing Fellow (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 6, 2015
Utah Sate is generally pretty understanding that students have homework responsibilities and they work well with your schedule.
Multiple job functions
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTNovember 30, 2014
I have been working in the Regional Campuses and Distance Education (RCDE) environment for the past decade. Working in a small rural center I have assumed many roles in that time. A portion of my time was involved with administrative and faculty support. Not only did I provide administrative and faculty support but I was the site coordinator for the center. I coordinated the training and work activities of 1 lead facilitator, 6 site facilitators, and all of our work study students. I was involved in coordinating for the entire center; including exams, classroom scheduling, and facilitation staff.
My roles have shifted allowing me to be more involved with recruitment and advising, retention, and marketing support. I maintain all the USU Moab and the South West Centers social media sites, including Facebook and Twitter.

Working closely with UEN and CIDI for the technology portion of the job was the most rewarding experience. Working with the faculty in assisting them with building and developing online content was also enjoyable. The instructional design aspects of the job were the most rewarding.
Pros
the students and the part time staff made usu moab a great place to come to.
Cons
the administration was harsh and they ruled by micro-management
Academic Environment
Graduate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTNovember 26, 2014
Utah State University is a wonderful place to work. My colleagues are very supportive and hard working academics. This is an ideal place to work.

4.2