Utah State University Employee Reviews in United States

Great people, great place, progressive and fun
Campus Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 23, 2015
I loved my time at Utah State University! They were great to work with and I would not hesitate to work with them again!

I loved the work place, the environment was very fun and inviting. There were not very many opportunities to progress and the pay was pretty low but it was fun to work with those people.
Pros
Great environment, very fun
Cons
No benefits, pays pretty low, minimum wage
Loved working for this University
Night Lead (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 16, 2015
I loved working for the university because they were willing to work with my school schedule. While providing me with a way to make money while going to school.
It was good
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 28, 2015
It is a very good place to work. The work pressure is very less. All together goals are achieved and benefits are good for overall development.
Great school with supportive staff
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 1, 2015
The instructors that I was a TA for were interested in my other responsibilities and did their best to work around them. The weekly workload varied greatly from week-to-week because of when student papers were due. Reading and marking them was my most time consuming responsibility.
Pros
Excellent staff and support
Cons
I would have preferred more classes specific to my field of interest (gerontology)
Stable Environment
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTAugust 27, 2015
A Stable organization that is well managed and fun. Plenty of diversity in tasks and responsibilities. Regular hours and good benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Growth
Instable
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Utah State University, Logan, UtahJuly 23, 2015
The job hours were very unreliable. The job itself was fun to do because there was a lot to do. The job had fun people around it but the problem is you never knew how many hours you were going to get at a time.
Great Place
:Utah State University Uintah Basin Campus (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTJuly 16, 2015
Utah State University is a great place to work classes are small and you can do lots of great things in Class great participation and you get to know your students and be involved it their success
Fun enviornment to work
Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTJuly 6, 2015
Working at the college was great. The management was great in working with my work schedule while attending classes. Co-workers were awesome in helping and awesome to get along with.
Pros
Being able to attend classes.
Cons
Not enough hours and no advancement available.
Great experience working with plants during my PhD program
Grad Student (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 3, 2015
I acquired a great knowledge during the development of my PhD program, learning different techniques such as qRT-PCR, cytology, embryology, northern and southern blot, among others.
Fun place to work as a student and possibly more
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 24, 2015
This was a great place to work. The university professors are easy to work with and hours can be adjusted depending on your work schedule
Productive and great place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UtahJune 15, 2015
Totally it was great working there where we learn typical technical skills and apply it on research. Learnt many new technologies like Natural Language Processing, Data Analysis and many during this period
Pros
Cons
Odd times
It was a typical graduate school experience
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 9, 2015
My work experience here was mainly positive. There are long hours for research but that is too be expected in any graduate program me. The teaching load was not too heavy and the students were mostly respectful and positive; a joy to teach.
good work study job
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJune 7, 2015
great experience as a senior in a work study job in a lab, was able to transition right into graduate school because of that experience, the department I worked for was great, fun environment, full of different opportunities and learning experiences
Good while in school
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 29, 2015
I worked as a TA and research assistant, so this work was perfect for while I was in school. The research occurred when I didn't have classes and I was able to choose what lab time I wanted to have. This helped greatly. The compensation isn't amazing, but it's not bad either.
Ability to attend college half price tuition
Business Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 20, 2015
My position as the Executives personal Assistant as well as the departments allowed each day to present itself with a variety of needs, all being prioritized and accomplished.
Pros
Professional environent
Cons
Fire fighting for deadlines
Academic Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Price, UTMay 15, 2015
I've worked for USU for about 13 years and have loved it. Lots of locations in gorgeous parts of the country, and a great institution of higher learning.
Great working atmosphere
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 11, 2015
This job is a great place to work at. Being that it is in at a college you are bound to meet new people periodically, making it an interesting job. Management is very organized and make sure you get the hours you need. The hardest part of the job is when you show up to work to learn that you guys are short-handed which then leads to a longer day at work because productivity is now slower. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the job you are performing has a purpose for the sports event at hand and that you will be attending the sport event for free.
Pros
Benefits, meeting new people
Cons
Not for everybody
Great Experience in my field of study
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Logan, UtahMay 6, 2015
I was conducting a Research for the special education department. I need to go to different preschools and give test to the children to assest their ability to learn difference languages at the same time.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
after the research ended, didnt have a job anymore
Great Introduction to Teaching
Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 24, 2015
This position allows students pursuing a teaching position in the future to experience what it is like to teach undergraduate students.
Pros
Gain Experience
Cons
Not a long-term employment opportunity.
Overall Great Place to Work
Coordinator of Programs III (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 9, 2015
Other than being laid off, it was a good place to work. There was a family-like atmosphere, compensation and benefits were competitive, and it was easy to balance work life with home life.
Pros
family-like atmosphere, variety of work, excellent benefits package
Cons
laid off due to restructuring

4.2