Field Service Technician
PAY RANGE: DOQ 15.00 – 21.00
CLOSING DATE: Continuous throughout the year
Interested candidates must complete and submit a UTOPIA application to Human Resources office prior to the closing date. Applications may be submitted online or mailed to 2175 South Redwood Road, West Valley City, UT 84119.
BENEFITS: UTOPIA provides a challenging and friendly work environment as well as an outstanding benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, fully paid Utah State Retirement Plan and optional 457 Retirement Plan, paid vacation time, paid sick leave time, paid holidays, tuition assistance, gym membership, plus more.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Under limited supervision the field service technician (FST) will maintain a daily route. FST will be the first response for service calls, installs, repairs and service provider issues. FST will fulfill network maintenance and other related tasks when required. FST will provide afterhours support for network emergency response when required. FST will work along with contractors proving quality control reports, field inspection and creating follow up appointments. This position will also include inside and outside wiring for internet, video, and telephone for various services providers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Understand and support Utopia’s mission. Perform tasks by written and verbal instruction; meet high attendance and punctuality requirements. Accurately enter data into current operational systems to closeout work orders and track inventory used daily. Work with excel spread sheet and GIS mapping to resolve field discrepancies. Prep and prepare fiber optical cable to fusion splice then test with power meter and OTDR equipment.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Able to pass a pre-employment criminal back ground check and drug test.
- Have 5years field experience in structure cable systems involving Data, VOIP and IPTV.
- Knowledge of FTTH construction and design.
- Lift, carry, setup and climb 28 foot extension ladder
- Lift and carry cable reels weighing up to 60 LBS
- Possess a valid Utah driver’s license and be insurable
- Be able to pass a color blindness test (Ishihara test)
- Operate aerial truck (training provided)
- Operate standard hand and power tools
- Willing to be on call if needed and work overtime as required
THIS POSITION MAY REQUIRE A BACKGROUND CHECK OF CRIMINAL RECORDS, CREDIT REPORTS AND MOTOR VEHICLE RECORDS.