Utah Valley University Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible place to work, everyone acts like a child
Area Technician (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 22, 2016
Typical IT related work, You have to learn a lot in this position cause you are alone in your area. Co-Workers are very difficult to work with and impossible to please. Made experience miserable to work in and I got into IT because I enjoy working with people and helping them. There is no communication so I was doing my job and everything was great and all of a sudden my job was in danger when it came to my yearly review and the review was very ambiguous and general and had no specific direction. I think most of UVU is an okay place to work but working in the departments I did it was very poor management and even worse employees to work for.
Pros
Cons
too many to list.
Math
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 14, 2016
I am enthusiastic about Finance and have graduated from UVU with a 3.5 GPA with a minor in Mathematics. I
love what I do and the day to day tasks of a finance office.
I am fast in analyzing and interpreting complex data sets accurately, also Identifying and solving problems. I am
proactive and pride myself on finishing tasks on time.
I am proficient with Data Analysis and Data Management. I have worked with many softwares like
QuickBooks, Access, Yahoo/Google Finance, Morning Star, SPSS, and Etc.
I am proficient as well with Excel.
My minor was emphasized in Actuarial Science. I know Probability and Financial Mathematics.
I have worked in a couple companies with Costumer Service, interacting with valued customers, providing than
information, quickly and effectively solving their problems, doing data entry, and recommending new products
and services. I have had a big impact on sales by always reaching my goals.
I am a father of two beautiful children.
I am moved by Faith and Service. As a volunteer in Mexico City, I planned and conducted meetings for groups
of 15 to 20 volunteers and worked with them teaching lessons and executing service projects.
I am very organized, love to learn, and finishing simple tasks make me feel accomplished.
I speak Spanish and Portuguese as a second language.
I want to have a stable career in a finance company that will recognize my value and that I will be able to add
value to.
Fine for students, but not for anyone that wants to make a difference
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 6, 2016
Too much red tape and too little focus on productivity. It just isn't a place where things can get done in a timely manner, and at the end of the day employees are just another cog in the wheel. Flexible schedules are the best perk of the job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management
Sports Information Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 4, 2016
Great place to work would recommend to anyone looking for a start in athletics.you should definitely apply now. everyone is great to work with
Pros
atrhletics
Cons
drama
Communicating with undergrad students
GRADUATE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 23, 2016
Organizing and scheduling the course, interacting with students and resolving their concerns and questions on a daily basis. Helping students to overcome their work load and motivating their abilities. Working with undergrads in teaching Finance class is an amazing experience.
Pros
flexibility at working time
Cons
health care
Uvu
UVU Women's Soccer Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 17, 2016
Awesome school with great efforts toward success. I wouldn't trade my years at UVU for anything. Only positive things to say about that school.
great environment
Multicultural Center Office Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 15, 2016
The irking environment was full of energy. I would recommend to students to work here. Management and staff is professional but at the same time made the work place enjoyable. Learned a lot this job and administratively gained a lot of knowledge in the set up of daily schedules and planning events.
Largest University in Utah
Associate Head Coach - Track & Cross Country (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 31, 2015
It has been a pleasure over my 12 years at UVU to see its growth as the university has grown rom 21,000 to over 33,000 students while maintaining a great student-teacher ratio that allows for 1 on 1 interaction with your professors.
Good experience
Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 29, 2015
This was a fun job to challenge me and get me out of my comfort zone. I learned a lot more about myself and my leadership style. Unfortunately, there were just too few hours being offered.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Staff
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 2, 2015
Fun and professional workplace with supportive management. They give you the tools you need to advance and become successful within their organization or others.
Cons
N/A
productive and rewarding
Strengthening Families Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 24, 2015
i had the best time working for uvu the program had many great people and it was so rewarding to see families come together to be better. i would do it again in a heart beat.
Interpreting
Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 15, 2015
It was fun to be able to be an ASL interpreter for Deaf students and there teacher. You get to meet new people, do a fun job, and learn new things at the same time.
Custodian on Call (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 7, 2015
Not a hard job, very easygoing people and supervisor. If yo do your job properly then you are going to find yourself having a good time.
Growing like a weed
Professor of Community Health (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 16, 2015
Rapid growth left many without jobs. Some iinstr4uctors were caught between being an community college and now a University. PhD's are now required but not before..great confusion anxiety a result
Pros
Major Univ now
Cons
Transiton period a bummer
fun and innovating great place to work
Resident Leader (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 29, 2015
The atmosphere here was great and i had an awesome time working there. The best part of my job was the people i got to work with. The worst part was the season ending.
Student oriented and friendly work environment
Advisor Generalist-Aviation Science (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 22, 2015
Worked with many professionals who focus on student success. Had considerate supervisors who helped me achieve personal work goals.
Pros
Friendly and supportive coworkers
Cons
RIF not managed well. Little communication and last minute details.
Exciting and fast paced work envorment
Production Catering Chef (Current Employee) –  Dining ServicesJuly 10, 2015
This is a fast paced job with lots of benefits included. The hardest part of the job is getting food out at the appropriate times.
Good job to have while in school
Proctor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 25, 2015
Fun environment to work in. I liked all my co workers. I've been able to learn how to handle money and make transactions. The hardest part is how strict the rules are for testers. Testers get upset because the rules are so strict.
Really tough schedule, fun people to work with
Intramural Sports Official/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 12, 2015
It was a really hard schedule to manage with going to school at the same time. The people you deal with are either super relaxed and fun or huge jerks. The people I worked with though were all great!
Pros
other employees
Cons
hours
fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 28, 2015
I just graduated from UVU and I'm so glad I chose to go there! There are so many opportunities to get involved and gain valuable experience. Class sizes were small and professors work hard to create learning experiences that go far above the norm. The student body is awesome because it is composed of people from every walk of life - it definitely provides a rich perspective. With any university, you get out what you put in. If you are willing to work hard and seek out positive experiences, that is what you will find.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefit for part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utah Valley University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3