Utah Valley University Employee Reviews

Didn't do well to value employees. Age-ism a problem.
Part-time Instructor, Art Appreciation (Current Employee) –  art departmentApril 26, 2017
Didn't do well to value employees. Age-ism a problem. Worked there on and off for many years and they did little to appeal to adjunct employees OR to help us become full-time employees. Had many classes cancelled, leaving me unemployed as an adjunct instructor.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 24, 2017
Great work life balance, and mostly friendly staff and faculty. Low pressure work environment, but opportunities to do well at your job. Limited mobility.
High turnover
Director (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 18, 2017
The employee turnover at UVU is the highest I have ever seen. Some of the most talented people only last a year or so. There is continual turnover which makes it a huge loss for students. UVU is a great school with a great mission, but the human resources are often not qualified because of the low salaries they are paid.
Pros
Nice people to work with, and great insurance benefits
Cons
Incredibly low salaries, huge turnover, not a good place for women leaders, poor management and leadership from the top down
Great atmosphere for learning and growth.
Public Speaking Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 14, 2017
The individuals at UVU want to help you learn and grow and succeed at your job. They provide great resources and assistance. Also, they offer an environment that allows you to work creatively.
Student Balance
Advisor Generalist (Former Employee) –  Office of AdmissionsApril 11, 2017
The school helps students find part-time employment which is invaluable to be able to work on campus. I would like to see a little more career preparation for students with project work and advancement opportunities.
Good learning experience
Micro Economics Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 8, 2017
Really good institution. I go to class twice a week and help the students understand what the Professor is teaching them about Economics and lead review sessions.
Great Place to obtain experience
Lab Supervisor/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 23, 2017
Utah Valley University has a wide variety of departments and positions often available. The University's continue growth provides for a great place for personal development.
Great place if you like teaching
Assistant Professor, Lecturer, Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 22, 2017
UVU is a flexible environment. For those that like to be deeply involved, UVU offers the opportunity to serve, learn and grow. I love UVU mission to help all have an opportunity to gain a degree.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Old leadership. Research not promoted.
Utah Valley University
Staff (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 2, 2017
Poor Management. Staff in this organization is not valued, I don't know about faculty but staff members are under payed and the top executives are to worried with using the university as political launching pad for their privet interest
Pros
work Schedule
Cons
Top Management don't care for people they just care for their public careers.
Good Learning Environment
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Orem, UtahFebruary 2, 2017
Good learning environment. I learned organizational evaluation, and applied the measurement and evaluation skills on complex situations like education. I like the work culture, friendly and safe.
Excellent!
Elementary School Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 10, 2017
Working for UVU as a tutor is hands down the best student job one can find. I am really sad I had to leave the job but I would recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Happy
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT III (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 19, 2016
I love the department.
We work with the deadlines and the co-workers take the time to think through events and the strategic calendar.
Pros
great co-workers, happy people
Cons
low pay
Pretty good company
Executive Assistant Secretary (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 15, 2016
Very flexible with schedules as long as you maintained your hours. Management was nice but very strict. Pay was sub-par and the work was fairly monotonous.
Fun job while going to school.
Aviation Repairman Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 13, 2016
I started working at Utah Valley University while going to school to get my Bachelor's Degree in Aviation Administration.
I start my day by coming and and checking in with my boss and we review what jobs/tasks we have for the day and then I call scheduling and find how many students have check rides that day.

After organizing the priorities I look at what maintenance records need filing and review the check list to make sure all the signatures, dates are ready and prepared for the the Quality Assurance Manager to review and sign. After performing all these duties I go into the Hanger start helping the Maintenance teams with inspections and pilot write-ups to help speed up our turn-over time.

The personal and staff are friendly and all have great work ethics. They have helped me to succeed in ways that I never thought possible. I have made many friends here. The Aviation Industry is small and you get to know many people and they are going to be in your career because it is such a small and elite group.
Pros
Co-workers, Education, Team Building
Cons
Takes very long time to get raise's, no company incentives, no parties, bbqs.
I loved teaching!
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 6, 2016
UVU was an excellent place to work, I was very happy for my time there, however, adjunct replacement is very high, and i was simply part of the turnover.
Pros
Wonderful environment
Cons
Short-lived
Productive Workplace w/ Fast-paced Culture
Secretary of Financial Planning (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 30, 2016
The team here is outstanding; and many opportunities we now offer to students we built from the ground up. We have secured much philanthropic recognition and are poised in the way these funds are allocated each quarter. This, in conjunction with the acumen of a dozen Ph.D minds, makes for a both a controlled and intrepid culture on campus.

If I had one disappointment with my experience, it is that the bureaucracy inherent to a state-funded institution such as this is far from conducive to professional growth.
Not a good environmet to work
Finacial aid assistant (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 24, 2016
If you want to know what depression and anxiety is like, work at UVU. I'm not sure about other departments, but the financial aid one will prepare you for a miserable place after this life if you end up there. I have not learn about positive work ethnic while working at UVU,. Management take their personal lives to work and makes everyone's life miserable. Meeting with students can be very stressful, but is not as bad as working with non ethical bosses.
Pros
Life experience
Cons
You're on your own
Large campus with many individuals. Very lively
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 24, 2016
a great company to work for they hire a lot of adjuncts so if you are ever wanting to teach a class this is the place to do it. UVU is a complicated maze so be sure you know where you are going BEFORE you head in.
Excellent place to work
STUDENT RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 19, 2016
UVU takes care of its employees and makes sure they have a good work-life balance. Student employees are well-looked after. I would work for them again.
I learned a lot during my time at UVU Athletic Training room. I made lots of friends and they worked very well with my schedule.
Athletic trainer aide, help students (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 27, 2016
I would come in and get ready for the day, turn on the equipment and get waters ready. When the athletes came in for pre treatment, would tape them and treat them. Provide post treatment massage and stem, ultra sound. Took medical notes for the doctors and trainers.
Pros
Great friendship.
Cons
Sometimes looked down on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utah Valley University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2