Utah Valley University

Utah Valley University Employer Reviews

Part-time job out of town
Fire Service Instructor (Former Employee), Orem, UTDecember 30, 2014
I already reviewed this job category previously.It was a part time job in which I had to drive too far to get there
Very enjoyable work environment`
Lecturer (Former Employee), Orem, UTDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, great people to work with, working with students.
Cons: could get boring at times teaching the same thing over and over, working with students.
Very rewarding work with students. Mostly low pressure. Worked with incredibly intelligent people in a very friendly atmosphere. Dealing with students could be challenging but most of the time it was very rewarding.
Great School
Adjunct Professor of Communications (Current Employee), Orem, UTDecember 9, 2014
Relaxed atmosphere with a lot of freedom to teach using modern methods
Student employment
Tutor (Current Employee), Orem, UTJuly 8, 2014
I worked in a variety of departments while I was studying. I worked as a Tutor/Mentor, a Survey Assistant, an Assistant in Student Support Services, a Mail Assistant, and as a Computer Technician.
good place for a student
Technician II Media Services (Former Employee), Orem, UtahJuly 8, 2014
Aside from the academic politics, procedures etc, UVU is an excellent place to be employed with many perks.
Good College Work Environment
Yoga and Pilates Instructor (Current Employee), Orem, UtahJune 18, 2014
Pros: compensation includes 1 free credit for every credit taught
Cons: limited classes available for teaching
UVU is an excellent place to work. As an adjunct professor, I get all the benefits of an adjunct--good pay, fun coworkers, great students.
Utah Valley University
Teacher's assistant (Current Employee), Orem, UTMay 15, 2014
Pros: work with great people
Cons: sometimes not enough work to do
Going to work at UVU is a wonderful opportunity. Meeting students in the office and helping them try to succeed is amazing. Working with wonderful professors who care for their students and want to help them succeed and help them find jobs in the world. The hardest part of the job is keeping busy when you are staying on top of your work load. But it is a wonderful environment and you work with great people.
A work at your own pace workplace, with the demand for getting the job done efficiently and in a timely manner.
Grounds Specialist (Former Employee), Orem, UTApril 23, 2014
Pros: everchanging work, well deserved breaks within a reasonable timeframe.
Cons: advancement was hard to come by.
Early morning start hours reward you with a great time to get back into the world with time to complete all other tasks.
A constructive team helps to maintain the grounds on a daily basis.
Must be able to be on your feet almost all day, while exerting yourself physically using power tools and heavy equipment.
Management was very flexible and understanding, while maintaining the authority they should provide.
Loved helping students and meeting new people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Orem, UTMarch 26, 2014
Pros: meeting new people.
Cons: short lunches.
-This was a seasonal position. I was originally only hired for a few months, but they liked me so much the let me stay for a year.
-I assisted UVU students to acquire student financial aid, including submitting proper forms and documentation, complying with federal regulations, and answering student financial aid questions. I demonstrated UVU internet resources to assist UVU students.
-The management was great. Very kind and helpful. I loved all my co-workers. That was the best part about the job. I also loved meeting the students. I had just moved to UT at the time and didn't know anybody. Thats actually where I met my fiance. :)
-The hardest part of the job would have been figuring out things I did not know the answer to. But I loved a challange! That made things fun for me and made it so everyday wasn't the same.
Dynamic and fulfilling educational environment
Adjunct Instructor - 10/Sep (Current Employee), Orem, UtahMarch 9, 2014
Utah Valley University, with 33,000+ students, this 4 year -nationally accredited university is situated adjacent to Brigham Young University and provides a public university option for students who want a high quality, university experience. The humanities, mathematics and business programs at UVU are superb. The students and faculty enjoy a great campus setting, economically priced education and flexible schedules. In fact, UVU is such a great value that the campus is overrun with students, new construction and adjunct faculty because the university is growing so fast!
It was good
School helper (Former Employee), Orem, UTNovember 21, 2013
It was great working at school. It was nice being able to work and go to school at the same place.
Solid Education and Governance
Editorial Assistant (Former Employee), Orem, UTOctober 22, 2013
In my internship I worked in the Policy Office in the administrative department of the school, so I occasionally interacted with the president of the school. Now there's a man who loves UVU and does everything he can to fight for and improve the institution. This in turn inspires his colleagues to do the same and I saw nothing but impassioned and dedicated personnel during my employment. It's a place with people who want you to succeed.
Easy job, just help people and keep the computer labs clean.
Student Labor - Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Orem, UTOctober 20, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, free computer use, easy.
A typical day at work was pretty much just clocking in at the office downstairs before heading upstairs to the dedicated open computer lab.

You're free to use the computer given to you in the lab as long as you don't wear any headphones so you don't accidentally end up ignoring anyone who needs help.

Every hour or so you walk around to the separate computer labs and it's not being used for a class at the moment you fill up the printer with paper and push in chairs and in general tidy up.

Every week you go around to the labs when they're not in use and clean up the monitors and keyboards, the janitors get the floors every night.

Most of the problems people will come to you with will be problems with the printer not connecting.
Excellent place to work and further your education!
Collections Technician (Current Employee), Orem, UTOctober 2, 2013
Pros: benefits!!
Cons: lower end of the pay scale
Utah Valley University is an Awesome place to work. The people here are amazing and there is a real sense of community/family feel here.
Late night and Laid back
Student Custodian (Former Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 17, 2013
I would clock in then wait for my fellow co-workers to show up. When everyone showed up we would head over to area and start cleaning. The job was easy but required you stand for long hours with a backpack vacuum.
Co-workers were great.
Having the vacuum on your back made it ache sometimes
The job was easy and fun
Great place to work.
Accounting Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits.
The professors are very knowledgeable and friendly management.
Great Job
Administrative Support/Workstudy (Former Employee), Orem, UTJuly 15, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere.
Cons: dealing with the occasional angry student that must get into a full class
I loved everything about the time spent as a work-study in the UVU English department. The position allowed me to get to know the professors within the department a lot better and helped me feel like a part of the program. I really enjoyed representing the department and answering the questions of interested students.
Great University
student (Former Employee), Orem, UTJune 13, 2013
This is a diverse university that provides a wide variety of degrees for students. The environment is very easy going and the teachers are exceptional.
Great environment!
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), Orem, UTJune 11, 2013
I loved working for my boss, loved the atmosphere, I got to interact with many students on a daily basis. I spent time helping students prepare for exams and did a lot of the grading. Over 150 students each semester on a 3-4 man team. Grading was either super easy or very stressful, due to some peoples bad handwriting. Overall great to work for the sake of the job, but the politics are ultimately what I disliked.
Oranizing Events for Utah Valley university
Event organizing and management (Former Employee), Orem, UTApril 11, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: bad salary
We would always be serving food to people and organizing events for Utah valley University. We had a time limit to organized all the events. Our goal was always to make the costumer happy. Every person in the team with experience would be in charge of the new people and they would make sure that they learn and do the job right. The hardest part of the job was that we work under a lot of pressure. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I worked with great people and you get a lot of free meals.