UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Reviews

Great job....BUT
Contract Tooling Engineer (Former Employee), Riverside CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: GREAT place to work
Cons: Corporate policy isn't reality
Due to the UTC policy of limiting contractors to a 24 month assignment, our whole department will be wiped out by July 31st, Tooling Engineers, Tool Designers and NC Programmers. I can't for the life me, understand why there are limits in terms on length of employment.

It really doesn't make any sense, to let people go, and then have new people come in, have them trained, and then as they get up to speed,and productive to only let them go as they are nearing their 24 month contract.

The corporate people need to take a look and see what havoc they are causing when the wipe out an entire department, that basically is the support and backbone of all the production that goes on, here at the Riverside facility.

If the 2 year corporate policy has been determined by some kind of UTC technical verbiage, then show me the policy, because nobody seems to know where it is written that we can't stay past our two years.

Corporate, you guys need to pull your heads out, and look at reality. Show us the policy and give us a real reason why..
Average workplace
instrument builder (Current Employee), Burnsville, MNJune 10, 2015
Pros: I am given full responsibility to plan my day
Cons: I do not have enough work in my area to fill my day
I come into work and perform the tasks I am given, but they do not challenge me enough. I get bored because I am not cross-trained in enough areas to multitask throughout the day. Some of my tasks take a long time and I could be doing other things while I wait. I would like to pushed with a steady workload and provide a benefit to the company I work for while I am getting paid. The hardest thing about my job is trying to explain to my supervisor that I would like to learn more, but he doesn't listen. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
Good coworkers but high turnover
IT Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 5, 2015
Interesting place to contract, but don't count on a full-time offer.

High turnover due to baffling management policies and terrible work-life balance
Excellent workplace
Configuration Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 30, 2015
Pros: Family oriented, caring environment
Cons: -
This company is a very family oriented company. The benefits are excellent and the management is amazing in this company. Promotes education and career growth.
UTC
Communications Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great experience and benefits
Cons: Lack of culture and fun
Good place to work and gain corporate experience. Was a very corporate environment that is progressing towards creating an employee culture but not at the peak yet. Look forward to see where UTC will go in the next 10 years.
A good workplace
Assembler (Current Employee), PRMay 25, 2015
UTC and learned that the lives of many people depends on the quality of my work , that safety always comes first and that every day you can learn many interesting things.
best paid job ever
Tool Design Engineer (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 25, 2015
wish I could return. best pay ever in my life. Management never pushed you as long as work got out in time. would gladly recommend this place to anybody.
50% of job is learning the company culture
General Ledger Accountant (Current Employee), Brea, CAMay 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: deductable for healthcare is very high
No opportunities for advancement.High rate of turnover, everyone is concerned that the Brea location may not be there in a couple of years.
Not worth the hassle
Engineer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
Pros: The older employees are a great bunch
Cons: Pathetic management, no work life balance, revolving door of personnel
This review primarily discusses the Phoenix, AZ location. There is a constant air of fear and poor management in this location. The revolving door of hiring and firing has everyone on edge. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the way they fire people or for the methods of hiring replacements. They seem to want to fail as they keep firing the best workers and replacing them with people who are so inept that they cannot succeed. In return the company expects people to work more than 40 hours a week to compensate for the ineptitude of management and the pathetic work of the new hires. I wouldn't recommend this train wreck to anyone. Avoid the ESC at UTAS at all costs.
Work/Life Balance is almost enough to make me stay despite the terrible management
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Brea, CAMay 8, 2015
Reorganization after reorganization after reorganization after layoffs and fired managers and more reorganization has made the management structure and leadership (at least of the part of UTC that I work for) a complete and total mess. It's the exact reason I am looking to leave the company after being with them for 10 years. Co-workers and the work life balance are great. I will miss them, I'm sure. But I can't deal any longer with having 3 managers all in different states who don't communicate with each other and who give me conflicting objectives and instructions. Its impossible to succeed. Maybe someday they'll get their act together and UTC will be a great place to work again, but many of the good employees are getting tired of trying to wait it out.
Good
System Engineer and Project Lead (Current Employee), Rockford, ILApril 19, 2015
This is a very nice place to work and enjoy the work here. Very nice to learn and enjoy the work.This is a very nice place to work and enjoy the work here. Very nice to learn and enjoy the work
Daily interaction with various departments makes work day fly by
Staff Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Westford, MAApril 17, 2015
Small close knit culture transitioning into a larger corporation environment as Goodrich was acquired by UTC and merged with Hamilton Sundsrand. I was exposed to the Post Delivery Service side of the business as I was supporting a sustainment program working closely with the Logistic team and the use of the SAP ERP system.

Co Workers are considerate and professional. Local Management is supportive of Continuous Improvements linked to the overall Corporate initiatives flow out to the various SBUs. Management follows the principles of Standard Work and role specific responsibilities.

The hardest part of the job for me was having knowledge and personal experiences to share with coworkers but that knowledge or experiences were considered beyond the scope of my defined role.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when what iI did made some one else's down stream job easier to accomplish.

Good place to work. Nice atmosphere.
Engineering Admin (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Contract pay
Cons: healthcare
UTC is a great place to work. I've learned so much more since my employment began. Management is amazing. They understand their employees know what they're doing and give them the freedom to get their work done independently. Coworkers are typically very pleasant and easy to work with.
N/A
Staffing Coordinator / HR Office Support (Current Employee), Independence, OHApril 8, 2015
Its been a great experience working for UTC. I would highly recommend the company to others. UTC is a global company and continuing to expand.
Great company with good work culture
Continuous Improvement Associate (Current Employee), Everett, WAApril 1, 2015
I have learned quite a lot as a CI associate from this company in the last 9 months. Everyone is willing to help and guide you and the work pace is nonhectic, but of course the expectation is to get the job done. Just equally as important as the value of learning, the work culture here has been tremendous. Everyone acts as one unit and teamwork is immeasurable at this facility. I am truly blessed to be apart of this company.
UTC Aerospace Systems is a very rewarding and interesting place to work
Analyst, Materials Planner (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: recognition for job well done, annual lunch on the lawn events.
Cons: healthcare is not what it used to be, but that seems to be everywhere these days.
A typical day at work is very fast paced, challenging and demanding. I have learned more about myself and what I am capable of and gained much respect. My management team is amazing, they are highly involved and friendly as are my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is prioritizing demands from all functional groups to satisfy all in a timely manner, but somehow I manage to do it. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with daily and the satisfaction and respect I get from all.
Great work environment
R&D Technologist II / EH&S Coordinator (Current Employee), Brecksville, OHMarch 11, 2015
Great team environment and individual attention. Advancement opportunities available, for those looking for more responsibility in their career.
Highly recommed working here
Failure Analysis intern (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNMarch 4, 2015
I was given the opportunity to work in multiple areas of UTC and enjoyed every single one. The UTC culture is one concerned with safety and productivity while promoting easy-going working relationships. Everyone I worked with was more than willing to help me and guide me with whatever I was struggling with. I really appreciate everything UTC has offered me and hope to work with them again.
Great place to start
Engineer (Current Employee), Dorad, PRFebruary 28, 2015
Very easy going
Very straight forward job execution
Not much area to grow professionally
Small Company willing to give you a chance for job experience
Talk a good talk
Analyst (Current Employee), OhioFebruary 27, 2015
This is a huge company that says all the right things. But when it comes down to making decisions the bottom line is the stock price. They will talk about "People, Ideas, Integrity & Performance shape company culture"; however, UTC's philosophy is do more with less.