UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Reviews

Poor
Assembler ll (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDJuly 16, 2017
/ Not acknowledged for job performace/ to many clicks/needed to be a "friend" of management to get good reviews.

Learned to use misc: tools/machines
excelent work bench
Technician Operador level II (Former Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PRJuly 16, 2017
Excellent place of work sustenance for my daily life, creating a healthy environment companions always wing greater disposition, increasing my level of experience wing greater warm.
Pros
inthe morning 10mint.lunch 30 mint
Engineering Technician/Composite Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 12, 2017
Great place to work and retired from. Leaders leads by example. Great pay and benefits.Basketball and ping pong tournaments to increase morale and also on site gym.
Contractor
CA (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 11, 2017
Currently a contractor hoping to get hired on. Seems to be a great company and people stay and return. Very fast paced but that is the norm for the industry
horrible management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALJuly 9, 2017
Good work environment ,horrible management. Treat contractors unfairly and lie to them a lot . Constant change and rules do not apply or everyone. Shipping & receiving department management is the worst and unprofessional
Different
Aerospace Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 7, 2017
Never thought I would work in this type of field but it was one of the coolest and most fun experiences in my life. The company and people really took care of their employees and know how to throw end of the year parties. People were fare and management was amazingly friendly
Pros
great prizes at end of the year parties
Cons
Productive and fun environment.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 5, 2017
I can say about this company are not bad not good they don't have any activities to the employee. And always changing management.benefits is good . Management not bad
Pros
Free coffee at the morning
Cons
Good benefits
Work Experience
EHS Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PRJuly 5, 2017
The work environment was enjoyable and calm. Every day was filled with something new to learn and the coworkers were accepting, as well as open to clerify any doubts that I had along the way.
Good work experience
Temp (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 2, 2017
Worked in CNC machining side of aluminum parts for airplane seats and then moved to assembly after machining got outsourced. Enjoyed placement to another area due to my work ethic for trying to keep me on as assembler.
Pros
Kept me employed as long as they could once converted positions were removed
Cons
Not abler to get full time due to temp agency mess up about hiring
kind of a dead end job
Packer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 1, 2017
the work is not bad but most of the management team doesn't really know how to manage their employees. and the pay is not very good and you won't get anywhere.
Pros
it pays for education
Cons
low pay, no room to grow
Hard working managers and friendly people
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJune 29, 2017
Excellent company and position to develop interpersonal skills. Many job functions that require the collaboration of multiple departments. Supportive managers that push you to achieve.
There's better out there
Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 28, 2017
Don't waste your time to apply here in Louisville. Management is horrible. Since UTC took over it's gotten worse and no one will do anything to help the culture. Lazy employees who only care about themselves and if they don't get their way they fuss and moan. Wanting to leave so bad
I am not an employee I'm a contractor
Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2017
The company is having growing pains but is great work life balance. Management has changed numerous times in 7 months. My contract is through Jan 2018.
Trabajar bajo mucha presion
Test Technician II (Former Employee) –  Santa Isabel, PRJune 23, 2017
Mucho trabajo, se trabaja bajo presion. Es bueno. Buen ambiente
stimulating and tedious work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2017
There was always something different every day. I worked as an inspector analyzing circuit boards...this was a class 3 facility so the work kept me on my toes.
Pros
good hours
Cons
stressful at times
This job pays well!
Wire Harness Assembler (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALJune 15, 2017
This is a good place to work if your a workaholic.... the work load can get pretty hectic at times... and you can just about make as much over time as you want. people that work here usually stay a long time
Pros
Pretty good benefits and good pay
Cons
you will have to beg for time off
Enjoyed my time there.
First Shift Lead Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hodges, SCJune 15, 2017
As a manager i was given opportunity to run my job. I like my job as was evident of my time there. High paced and high pressure job. High Management not quait as involved as should be
Great pay and great benefits
Bench (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJune 15, 2017
Great pay and great benefits. But they lay off too often. The insurance is good. Better than you can buy out side work on your on. Hope you like working working weekends they seem to work every weekend and most major holidays.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Lay offs come around real quick
Rapidly growing facility
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALJune 12, 2017
Recently recognized as one of IndustryWeek's Best Plants in North America. UTC Aerospace in Foley is expanding to meet increasing demands from the aviation industry.
Welders in fire-x are sandbagging the time on the jobs. Fire-X is full of slackers.
Fire-X Welder / Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJune 11, 2017
Time studies are done on senior welders who have been slacking their whole careers. I welded on average 3 times the average while I was there. The other welders hated me for doing it. They said I was messing up the time studies and was gonna make the company expect more out of everyone else and wanted me to use up all the allotted time on the jobs. It was a constant hassle with the other slackers in there. The culture is to not do your best. A new metallurgist came in and weld tested before I hired in and only one welder who worked in the titanium room passed the class A aerospace tests. The other welders who were welding 4130 and nitronic 40 all failed their tests and were given their certs back even after failing the tests. They found out that the guy who had been testing the welders had not been testing them properly. Most of the welders in there cannot pass a class A aerospace test and at best are class B. The main reason for poor welding skills in my opinion is the cheap pay. They expect a welder to start around 20 bucks an hour.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Slacker culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UTC Aerospace Systems. Our community is ready to answer.