UTC Aerospace Systems

UTC Aerospace Systems Employer Reviews

Good Workplace
Utilities Operator (Current Employee), Santa Isabel , Puerto RicoJuly 7, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: no cons.
A good company with good benefits and good people to be around.
Decent place for employment.
Composite Assembler (Former Employee), Wichita, KansasJuly 4, 2014
Pros: great people.
Cons: not well ventilated. lack of proper ppe.
Typical day at work started at 5am-345pm, Monday-Saturday. 1 hr lunches during the week. Work 8 hrs on Saturday with no lunch break on Saturday. Work environment isn't the greatest. The whole shop floor was a poorly ventilated sanding booth. Dust everywhere.
stay away unless you never want to move up and always have to watch your back.
mechanic (Former Employee), wichita kansasJune 14, 2014
Pros: no brainer work.
Cons: everything about this place is terrible except how easy it is
The people make this place terrible. You better keep your mouth shut. Dont trust anyone. No one values your work and unless you have been there 15 years no one cares or thinks you are worth a anything. Avoid like a disease. Unless you want to have your soul taken away.
well balanced
Test Technician 1 (Current Employee), Phoenix, AzJune 13, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: no explanation of how to properly set up benefits
On a day to day basis work is provided according to orders that need to be filled. Every day something new pops up such as new verification techniques, new product revisions, various documentation process, and updated testing processes. most of my co-workers are helpful, skilled, and energetic, but there are some co-worker that do not abide by the system – more... in place. the hardest part of my job is not being train properly in certain processes of testing, documentation, and ethics. the thing i enjoy the most is most of the work is designed to be done without direct supervision. – less
Career Enhancing Experience
COOP Student-Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), PRJune 9, 2014
A very good first engineering experience. I learned every aspect of an engineering culture and was giving freedom to improve by my own means.
Fun easy going work day
Chemical Technician (Former Employee), phoenix, ArizonaMay 31, 2014
Pros: easy going group of people
Management was awesome. You went into work and did your job and then left. No one really bothered you as long as you got your job done.
Too much management
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Burnsville, MNMay 19, 2014
Way too many layers of middle management. Leaders continually make short-sighted decisions for personal gain. They are losing talent faster than they can replace it.
Great
Non-Destructive Welding Inspector (Current Employee), Wilson, NCMay 3, 2014
Pros: modist enviroment
Cons: temperory employee for up to 2 years.
This is a great company to for. They have many positions that require easy mundane task. Almost anyone can work here.
Good work place
Drafter / Engineering Configuration Tech (Former Employee), Cheshire, CTApril 3, 2014
Create electrical cable assembly drawings / Layout and wire Diagrams / Create and maintain test Equipment drawings / Revisions-update existing drawings / Create and maintain bill of material / Design 3D tooling models in Solid Works / Converted AutoCAD drawings to Solid Works 3D drawings / Floor plan layouts / Use caliper to measure tooling parts / – more... Maintenance of Engineering Documentation / AutoCAD 2013 / SolidWorks / Tolerance studies / Create tooling drawings for fabrication – less
Great dog and pony show
Machinist (Current Employee), MNApril 2, 2014
Ineffective management. Over bearing sweeping knee-jerk mandates. Company makes record profits, and employees get 2% pay increase, and .35% gain share.
Productive and fun work place with funny managers.
Test Operator/Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Bamberg, SCMarch 28, 2014
I would like a fun workplace with fun co workers. I would love a job that everyone get along with each other.
verry fun place to work i loved my job
EDM operator (Former Employee), Hodges, SCMarch 23, 2014
i loved the job it was verry fun the people were great and it was just a overall great place to work
More than your regular internship
INROADS Finance Intern (Current Employee), Windsor Locks, CTMarch 21, 2014
Interning here was the best part of my summer. The internship is more than your regular internship elsewhere. I learned so many aspects of the business during my time at UTC. I was involved in projects relating to finance, accounting as well as operations. My supervisor and my co-workers were extremely helpful and made sure that I would be successful – more... at my position. – less
A Bad and dirty place to spend 10+ hours a day
assembler (Former Employee), Wichita Ks.March 21, 2014
Cons: lots of over time, hard to breath for the dust, very low pay
Long hours, mandatory over time. Very dusty and dirt place to work. When they are done with you, out the door... Contract labor. I would never go back to that hell hole.
Very Helpful Employees
Senior Design Project (Former Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 17, 2014
Worked with them on a design project, which was very interesting. The engineering team there was very helpful and provided valuable inputs.
I Wish I Was Still There
MBA Intern (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 5, 2014
Upper management is out of touch with reality but everyone else is pretty cool. Job security is a constant concern.
Could have been better
Supply Chain Co-Op (Former Employee), Jamestown, NDFebruary 26, 2014
It could have been a better experience. Pay was low. I did not like it that much.
Sinking fast!
Engineer (Current Employee), Burnsville, MNFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good co-workers and direct managers are trying to change the culture
Cons: treated like a number
I enjoyed working for Goodrich. Ever since UTC bought Goodrich everything has gone downhill.
Challenging and fast paced, innovative environment
Lean Manufacturing Specialist (Current Employee), ColoradoFebruary 16, 2014
Creative thinking, lean tool application. Limited vertical pay movement pay once in a position, unless applying for another position. Results driven environment and easy going (but busy) management.
Nice people but bad management and equipment.
Test Technician (Former Employee), Wilson, NCFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: interesting work and pleasant coworkers.
Cons: faulty equipment, poor management, no job security
I exceeded all expectations for the position and even went above and beyond my immediate responsibilities and found correctable problems with documentation, equipment, and processes but there was a "Don't make waves" attitude and no desire to correct problems or deficiencies, repair faulty equipment, or even adjust processes.

There was no feedback – more... from management for job performance unless supervisors were pinned down for it; when they were I was told that "After being there only seven weeks I was more proficient than some who had been there many years", but I was then let go and told not to return the very next week ! (No reason or explanation was given) Other workers there (even long time employees) stated that was typical behavior of the company, and moral suffered because of the lack of job security.

The working environment was pleasant, but keep looking while your there because you never know how long you'll be there; even if you're doing a good job. – less

1 2 3 4