UTC Aerospace Systems

UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Reviews

Work/Life Balance is almost enough to make me stay despite the terrible management
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Brea, CAMay 8, 2015
Reorganization after reorganization after reorganization after layoffs and fired managers and more reorganization has made the management structure and leadership (at least of the part of UTC that I work for) a complete and total mess. It's the exact reason I am looking to leave the company after being with them for 10 years. Co-workers and the work life balance are great. I will miss them, I'm sure. But I can't deal any longer with having 3 managers all in different states who don't communicate with each other and who give me conflicting objectives and instructions. Its impossible to succeed. Maybe someday they'll get their act together and UTC will be a great place to work again, but many of the good employees are getting tired of trying to wait it out.
Good
System Engineer and Project Lead (Current Employee), Rockford, ILApril 19, 2015
This is a very nice place to work and enjoy the work here. Very nice to learn and enjoy the work.This is a very nice place to work and enjoy the work here. Very nice to learn and enjoy the work
Daily interaction with various departments makes work day fly by
Staff Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Westford, MAApril 17, 2015
Small close knit culture transitioning into a larger corporation environment as Goodrich was acquired by UTC and merged with Hamilton Sundsrand. I was exposed to the Post Delivery Service side of the business as I was supporting a sustainment program working closely with the Logistic team and the use of the SAP ERP system.

Co Workers are considerate and professional. Local Management is supportive of Continuous Improvements linked to the overall Corporate initiatives flow out to the various SBUs. Management follows the principles of Standard Work and role specific responsibilities.

The hardest part of the job for me was having knowledge and personal experiences to share with coworkers but that knowledge or experiences were considered beyond the scope of my defined role.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when what iI did made some one else's down stream job easier to accomplish.

Good place to work. Nice atmosphere.
Engineering Admin (Current Employee), Riverside, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Contract pay
Cons: healthcare
UTC is a great place to work. I've learned so much more since my employment began. Management is amazing. They understand their employees know what they're doing and give them the freedom to get their work done independently. Coworkers are typically very pleasant and easy to work with.
N/A
Staffing Coordinator / HR Office Support (Current Employee), Independence, OHApril 8, 2015
Its been a great experience working for UTC. I would highly recommend the company to others. UTC is a global company and continuing to expand.
Great company with good work culture
Continuous Improvement Associate (Current Employee), Everett, WAApril 1, 2015
I have learned quite a lot as a CI associate from this company in the last 9 months. Everyone is willing to help and guide you and the work pace is nonhectic, but of course the expectation is to get the job done. Just equally as important as the value of learning, the work culture here has been tremendous. Everyone acts as one unit and teamwork is immeasurable at this facility. I am truly blessed to be apart of this company.
UTC Aerospace Systems is a very rewarding and interesting place to work
Analyst, Materials Planner (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 23, 2015
Pros: recognition for job well done, annual lunch on the lawn events.
Cons: healthcare is not what it used to be, but that seems to be everywhere these days.
A typical day at work is very fast paced, challenging and demanding. I have learned more about myself and what I am capable of and gained much respect. My management team is amazing, they are highly involved and friendly as are my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is prioritizing demands from all functional groups to satisfy all in a timely manner, but somehow I manage to do it. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with daily and the satisfaction and respect I get from all.
Great work environment
R&D Technologist II / EH&S Coordinator (Current Employee), Brecksville, OHMarch 11, 2015
Great team environment and individual attention. Advancement opportunities available, for those looking for more responsibility in their career.
Highly recommed working here
Failure Analysis intern (Former Employee), Burnsville, MNMarch 4, 2015
I was given the opportunity to work in multiple areas of UTC and enjoyed every single one. The UTC culture is one concerned with safety and productivity while promoting easy-going working relationships. Everyone I worked with was more than willing to help me and guide me with whatever I was struggling with. I really appreciate everything UTC has offered me and hope to work with them again.
Great place to start
Engineer (Current Employee), Dorad, PRFebruary 28, 2015
Very easy going
Very straight forward job execution
Not much area to grow professionally
Small Company willing to give you a chance for job experience
Talk a good talk
Analyst (Current Employee), OhioFebruary 27, 2015
This is a huge company that says all the right things. But when it comes down to making decisions the bottom line is the stock price. They will talk about "People, Ideas, Integrity & Performance shape company culture"; however, UTC's philosophy is do more with less.
Quality Technician (Current Employee), fort worth, texasFebruary 23, 2015
the company is a good company to work for. the company builds landing gear for multi.military aircraft it was fun to work there
Systems Engineer
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: culture
The NASA contractor is treated like a red-headed stepchild. The current environment in the space industry is not real good unless you are a civil servant. I enjoyed working for UTC initially but am looking to leave.
Excellent ambience to work
Coordinadora de Beneficios (Former Employee), PRFebruary 18, 2015
Excellent opportunity for my professional develoment. Good colleagues. Competitive company and opportunity for professional growth.
Decent Job.
Level II Radiographer & NDT Trainer (Current Employee), Fairfield, CAFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: management
Old Ways die hard. Very Poor Management. Parts Pushers. No respect for Quality. Lots of good people make up the workforce, but he the ineptitude of leadership, with the type material they handle, is something to behold.
Great emphasis on Continuous Improvement.
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: fast paced with pressure to perform at very high levels.
UTC promotes Continuous Improvement in multiple areas including production, administrative, and delivery in effort to continue to provide customers with a great experience. UTC also encourages it's employees to grow and advance there skill sets and career by providing training in multiple areas.
Poor senior management
Program Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2015
One thing I really hated about this company was the senior management, at corporate level.

Local management and co-workers were amazing to work with. We had good and bad times, but it was still fun place to work.

Hardest part of the job....dealing with senior management at the corporate office.
On average, it is a good company to work for, but very little room for advancement.
Machinist/Receiving Inspection Technician (Current Employee), Wilson, NCFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: family/fun day, good benefits.
Cons: lack of communication with employees.
I have learned how to work well with people, becoming a good team player. The management staff at this company does not communicate enough with the employees letting them know what is going on within the company. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I am doing something that is necessary for the repair of electrical components within an aircraft, which could save lives.
Proactive vision and utilized talents
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Troy, OHFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits, flexible management
I started out in the credit and collections department, which was a challenge in itself. This group was a wonderful team of individuals and management, and a starting point for ambitious accountants.

I was promoted within a year from the credit and collections group to the FP&A group. The finance group offered new challenges and opportunities to learn and grow within the finance/accounting field.
Great peers.
Maintenance tech (Former Employee), Columbus, Ga.February 3, 2015
Pros: overtime galore!!!
Cons: healthcare that you can't afford to use. good old boy mentality.
Plant management was weak. Lied about progression and pay increases. Plenty of overtime. We were told "safety is always first". In reality, production is. Dangerous place to be a maintenance tech. Benefits suck, with the exception being the retirement. If you choose to work here, good luck. Watch your back.

1 2 3 4 5

Engineer
$200,000 per year

UTC Aerospace Systems Photos

Astronaut visit Number 2
UTAS (formerly Goodrich and Hamilton Sundstrand) aerospace and defense products.