UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Reviews in United States

really bad people work there raceist ppl
X Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 19, 2016
working in that department was like the worse i had to beg to get help on the floor i was doing a 2 man job for like 3 months and then the guys on the office would never help me saw me about to pass out and never ask me was i ok
Pros
great benefits
Cons
dont like black people here in louisville
Productive company with all kinds of projects
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NDJuly 12, 2016
There is a lot to do and you will feel rewarded when finishing projects and you will be treated well as an employee. You can also learn a lot of different things when you work there.
Pros
Large lunch areas and plenty of space work and move around
Cons
The building can get hot
Productive and supportive workplace
Project/Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJuly 7, 2016
Management and co-workers provide a very supportive workplace and encourage positive and fun activities outside the workplace.
Fast paced environment with many ways to learn and obtain knowledge
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
Co-workers are great and have a great knowledge of the program and tasks that are to be completed. You're able to learn as you go about different processes of the company all while developing better analytical skills.
Cons
Commute
Learning a lot in regards to landing gear.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 2, 2016
Taking care of the essential tools each section needed and also filling necessary materials for builds was always fun.
Bad Company to Work For
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJuly 1, 2016
Was a great place to work when the company was owned by Goodrich, once UTC purchased the company the business went down, the employees were treated like just a another number.

The company spent money on unneeded improvements that I am sure the shareholders would not have agree to if they knew how much material was trashed as being not needed and then purchased again when it was figured out we really needed the material that had been trashed, I know for a fact the waste amounted to 800k and counting.

This money should have gone to the shareholders and employee gain share payment. Some people in management should have lost there jobs because of this poor judgement in spending.

I would not recommend this company for employment.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
Too many to list
Corporate service assistant
Corporate Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 21, 2016
Ease of operation, dealt directly with top management a all levels of the company. Learn their functions and learn the culture of a corporate environment. Down - to - earth CEO.
Pros
Awesome culture
Cons
good work place with great management
deicer builder/service (Former Employee) –  Union, WVJune 4, 2016
good work environment with good management. work hours are great for personal life. always room in move up your position at work
Pros
great work for personal life
Cons
laid off
I would never recommend a job at UTC to anyone
Sr. Embedded Computer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Totowa, NJ now Danbury, CTMay 18, 2016
No job work / life balance (got paid for 40 and expected to work 60-70 hours per week).
Benefits are expensive to employees and were not up to industry standards.
Always worried that the facility would close down, it did and I managed a job in CT.
Top heavy management. Managers are clueless as to the work required to do anything. Their eyes glaze over at the first mention of anything technical. Management not technically competent.
Small facility made for a good work environment among peers.
Pros
Salary ok. Peer work environment was good.
Cons
Bad Management, No life/work balance (70 hr weeks expected)
Great place to work with awesome benefits.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 17, 2016
It is a positive environment that taught me a lot about the aerospace industry. The management is great and very supportive.
Wonderful company
Proposal Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2016
Best company to work for! I have worked there for over 16 years and have no complaints. I am told there is a 20 word minimum that I need to submit for this review.
It was great
Worldwide Repairs Materials Analyst Co-op (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTMay 12, 2016
Ver well compensated as an intern and the environment was very fast paced but enjoyable. The people make it worh it to work there
Not a good place to work right now, people do not feel they can speak up or they will be terminated
Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 12, 2016
Top management is a joke. No respect for hourly workers. More interested in metrics than making good product. Quality has been driven down due to the push to make shipments.
Pros
The workers keep trying
Cons
Management does not want to acknowledge the problems
Worst place i havw ever worked
Senior Quality Engineer - Aftermarket (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 12, 2016
Management not supportive most if the time. Management not supportive of my desire to continue my education. I wanted to learn skills to help do my job.
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Poor management
good company
Quality Inspection (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 12, 2016
this company it's great to work for . their very flexible with all employee and they try to work with everybody situation.
Manufacturing Engineer
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNMay 11, 2016
Good pay. decent work life balance. Very large company top level managment is clueless about what goes on at the plant level.
Pros
pay
Cons
too many contractors
excellent Experience
Procurement Planning & Expeditor Executive (Former Employee) –  Santa Isabel Municipio, PRMay 9, 2016
Expedite parts for 16 UTC Aerospace Plants around the World, Planning to receive production pieces for Airplanes & Helicopters (United States Army) parts. Make purchase orders and quotes for Suppliers, on charge to create 3 daily conference calls with all the Delivery Assurance Specialist at all the UTC Plants to discuss status for all plants parts. On charge to resolve PRO Problem Shelf for PRM & PRE for all PR plants.
resolve inventory discrepancies with a strong analysis job.
Lots of overtime
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 9, 2016
They say they want quality but if you slow down on quantity they seem to be upset. They need upgraded equipment, the army doesn't try to win wars with muskets anymore, you can only produce as fast as the equipment will let you. Various issues arise because of tool problems or the unwillingness to spend money on consumables which cause rework, and escapes.
Pros
time off
Cons
short breaks/lunch, day and night shift seem to be in some never ending battle of supremecy
Cut throat
Materials Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 3, 2016
Acts just as any other huge corporation. Moved me across the country to lay me off 10 months later. Not what I expected during the interview and onboarding process
Very interesting job
General Inspector (Former Employee) –  Union, WVMay 2, 2016
I checked airplane parts so they could continue their process and then did a final inspection on products ready to leave. I learned a lot about aircraft and how much work goes into making safe aircraft rides. I also learned about multiple chemicals used on the daily and how to protect myself
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lazy peopla