UTC Aerospace Systems

UTC Aerospace Systems Employee Reviews

Lay-Offs, Poor Management, Don't recommend them
Principal Parts Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 12, 2016
Prior Parts Engineer at UTC Albuquerque, NM. Too many lay-offs, horrible parts issues, don't know the 5 types of control drawings, poor management, using SAP (worst ERP system ever), no job growth and way too much training interferes with getting your job done. Don't recommend anyone even apply there. Corporate UTC is way too greedy and can't get contracts as they bid too high to get the most profit and loose it to some other competitor. Some Program Managers were difficult to work with. They are having problems even defining their market. On the other hand, pay was good, people were nice overall and benefits used to be good but they trashed them with high Deductibles. Company was better when it was Goodrich.
Pros
decent work place, nice people, pay was good
Cons
Lay-offs, no job growth, poor Management, Parts issues
I enjoyed the team work with co-workers.
Machinist/ Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 28, 2015
While working at Goodrich I found the employees to be very friendly and helpful if needed. Management was rotated, so you had a new manager with different expectations often. The hardest part of the job was going to a new area and being expected to produce the same amount of finished product as someone who had worked in the area for a very long time. I think the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Pros
The appreciation shown to the employees the company.
Stress Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTDecember 5, 2015
A typical day at work. I learned various tools such as extensive use of Mathcad and ANSYS application sofware that I use for Vibration Analysis ... etc.
Pros
Technical Challenges
Cons
Short breaks
Productive but unorangized
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bamberg, SCDecember 5, 2015
A productive environment, a lot of work got out of the plant on a daily basis. The people were nice, but the management needed a lot of help with organization.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Unorganized management.
Overall good company
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALNovember 30, 2015
Loved my job. Would work there again. Stayed productive and busy. Only thing was some employees could be mean borderline harassment. Management seem to turn a blind eye. They will gang up on you. Great employer but some employees there made it hard to stay positive.
Pros
Great pay, most weekends off, independence long as you did your job
Cons
Employee negativity, healthcare
Productive and a fun place to work for. I've learned that everyone has an opinion and that it should be heard because if every participant has worth
Electronic Assembler lll (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 25, 2015
UTC Aerospace was a fun and rewarding place to work for. The managerial staff were very professional and courteous to everyone. Unfortunately there was a layoff and I was a part of it. I have no hard feelings or regrets working for UTC Aerospace I just wish it didn't have to end.
Pros
Free lunches, ice cream socials, bonuses each year.
Cons
layoffs.
great place to work & enjoyed it
landing gear field service rep (Former Employee) –  OHNovember 24, 2015
Like working on acft & its systems.Close to 40 years experience on acft 4years Air Force * 8 years Mass Air National Guard & 27 with Goodrich Aero space.
To secure employment with a progressive organization where my skills can be utilized to thier maximum potential.
Bench/CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNNovember 23, 2015
The work day would consist of getting a work assignment to polish a landing gear part for an Airplane.

I've learned to uses many polishing Tools to accomplish big as well as small Landing Gear parts.

I never had any problems with management all seemed helpful when I needed their help.

Co-workers are to me are there to do Their job, most are very good people just trying to make a living just like you are, you respect them they respect you.

The hardest part of the job for me was just having patients to learn how to use all the tools to do the job well.

The best part of the job is when an inspector who would say whether the part was cleared from my work to go to its next step.
Pros
Layback atmosphere good pay, incentives for good work on time.
Cons
Grey areas of need to know Employers to Employees.
Great coworkers - Poor managemnt
senior analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 21, 2015
The folks in the shop were an amazing group and would "crawl through broken glass" to meet customer requirements. Management however was another story.
Very disconnected. More worried about what the charts and graphs said rather than what their team was doing. Quite frustrating.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor Management
Good starting job
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 20, 2015
Good place to learn composite layup and to get into aerospace industry. Can advance but it is difficult. Would recommend some schooling or experience to get ahead.
Pretty Standard Large Company
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CANovember 19, 2015
Since this is a large company each business unit operates differently and have different job cultures. The BUs in the Midwest are more focused on the development of talented individuals where as BUs on the west coast are struggling to keep employees.
Challenging and fun enviroment to work
Shop Floor Control (Current Employee) –  Santa Isabel, PRNovember 12, 2015
High paced working days.
Nice co-workers.
Great place to learn and develop the knowledge.
The best part of the job is the satisfaction of transferring your knowledge and knowing you contribute to great solutions.
your co workers
Delivery Assurance Specialist - Military (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 12, 2015
My co-workers helped make me feel a part of the final project. Lots of opportunity to learn new skills. Very fast paced, but if you have the desire you will take a lot from your experience here.
productive
Analyst/Prod/Methods/Planner (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2015
not a very good company ...company is lead but morons...do not apply there they lay off. it is a very bad culture and environment.
LARGE
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTNovember 8, 2015
your typical large corporation. lots of opportunities though and room to grow. can get lost. lots of room to move around and laterally.
OK if you have no desire to advance your career
Electronics Test Technician P2 (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2015
Limited advancement and salary opportunities. Very resistant to progress and change with new ideas. Must comply with limited resources and antiquated equipment / documentation.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Productive Workplace
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2015
A typical day would to start where the other shift assemblers would be finishing with the work order assembly. Communicate of any changes of parts and invoice of work orders. I learned aerospace Boeing 787 assembling processes and parts. The management was flexible, supportive, and great team of co-workers to be a part of. I never really had a hard time at work, it all seem to fall into place when i learned what i had to complete on the work order. The most enjoyable part of the job was to complete any type of work order with no issues and to start another job you don't know anything about then to learn something new again.
Pros
Helpful employees
Cons
Short breaks
Best co-workers and lots of learning opportunities.
Associate Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 26, 2015
Best place to work with supportive management.
Focuses on quality work.
Encourage employees to explore their career path.
Provide training to show the bigger picture of new projects.
Design tooling for the high pressure turbine blades in a turbine engine.
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 16, 2015
While employed with Goodrich I enjoyed working with the engineering and management team. Being employed by Goodrich was a significant part of my career.
Pros
Working with the engineering team
Cons
Not being part of a team
Productive and helpful co-workers
ACE Intern (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 16, 2015
Productive and proactive workplace with helpful co-workers. It was very interesting learning about continuous improvement and making processes more robust. Communication was always an issue although I became better at it and learned from my mistakes as well as others'.
Pros
Good compensation, supportive co-workers
Cons
Lack of communication