UTi Worldwide Employee Reviews

Never give you time off.
Shipping Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJanuary 15, 2018
Bad place to work. had to work 12 hours a day, and only received 3 points that you could use to miss work. You went over the 3 points they fired you. Could not get any time off .
Nice place to work.
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 8, 2018
Driving forklift. Making sure everything was done correctly 'windex'. More than anything else. Pretty cool working on this company full of opportunities as well.
Great Job
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJanuary 8, 2018
Loved this job, Great supervisors great place to learn . Enjoyed helping others and worked as a team. Hours was great a nd had 7 days off worked all the overtime you needed and more
UTI was a very fair company towards its employees
Standup Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIDecember 14, 2017
A typical day at UTI was very fast, very competitive, and very fun amongst the workers. I learned a lot about RF guns and order picking along with consolidating.
This company is closed
Customs Brokerage Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILDecember 12, 2017
I work four this company for two years before they were bought out by DSV. Cool company to work for while it was open. Unfortunately this company boo longer exists.
Warehouse Associate
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MONovember 23, 2017
Company did not treat employee very well. Rumors would go around and they would not support employees. Pay was low and benefits were expensive. Working hours were long with minimal breaks.
No real title
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 17, 2017
UTi was good to work for, but when you work for a company, who has a contract with another company to provide what is called just in time to the assembly line, you need to make sure the contract is not going to expire shortly after you go to work for them.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Contract with BMW expired
Great work environment, organized and professional.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CANovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at UTI now known as DSV Solutions very much. I was given many opportunities to grow, learned a great deal and enjoyed working with my coworkers very much. Overall management was very reasonable and flexible. I would say UTI/DSV is an exceptional place to work at.
good place
packer_Laborer (Current Employee) –  Little Hocking, OHNovember 7, 2017
you work 12 hour shifts, it is shift work and the job is physical labor its not a bad place to work the hardest part of the job is the pack out part. the culture of the job
good place to work, you have to be self motivated
Warehouser/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCOctober 28, 2017
There are people in roles that they are not qualified for. Advancement isn't likely for a while, but it is possible. The work can be very tiring, but it becomes routine and gets easier with each shift.
Awesome place to work.
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 28, 2017
On a typical work day at UTI starts out with a meeting in the morning at 6 a.m. The management at UTI is good. I work with some of the best co-workers anyone could ever know, they're all great help and workers and also some great friends. And I wouldn't ask to work with any better workers. There isn't any hard part of my job but working hard to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of my job is actually getting the job completed.
divertido
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 3, 2017
muy buen equipo de trabajo facil de comprender la tarea
the managment
Import Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 24, 2017
I had no problems with the managment once the right people were in charge. The type of work was interesting and I was always busy. The culture of the office was enjoyable and sort of laid back.
Pros
Steady work and hours
Cons
complicated job
its a good a place to work
material handler (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCSeptember 18, 2017
uti was a fun and a good place to work .. i wasna material handler and everyone is a team player its a great company to work at . i wish i could go back
Fast paced
Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Johnsonville, TNSeptember 13, 2017
Working for uti expect not to make it up the company ladder it's a good ol boy system that unless you get under a bosses desk there not gonna give you a fair shake.
Pros
Ha
Cons
Management and work environment
Typical 3PL Environment
Lean Logistics Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 7, 2017
Collaborative work environment where 3PL partnered with client to improve manufacturing operations. Even though my position was evenutally written out of the service contract, I enjoyed working at UTi Logistics.
UTI was sold in 2016
Regional Vice President, Eastern US and Canada (Former Employee) –  Springfield Gardens, NYAugust 29, 2017
Great people and professional Company. UTI became a recognized leader in the Freight Forwarding industry. The employees were very empowered and leadership opportunities became a company trademark. Unfortunately UTI no longer exists. It was bought by another Forwarder,,DSV a Danish based organization, in 2016
What I learned
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCAugust 22, 2017
I have good experience from this job I have 6 months of experience learned from uti. I was a material handler worked lots of overtime. I always was on time for work
productive
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCAugust 22, 2017
I learned how to pull tubes, remove yarn from,tanks and inspect yarn in dollies to carry to baler. I enjoyed working with a team. The hardest part of this job is being told to help someone when i have not completed my tasks at hand but overall I loved it
Pros
good benefits and allowed to make overtime
Cons
if something looks a certain way pending on who tells it you may lose your job
Bought out
Air Export Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2017
The company was bought out by another company however the culture was not conducive to growth. When I started morale was low so I worked hard to ensure my team felt appreciated. We shared and created a teamwork environment. People were not allowed to complain about one another without being willing to offer a helping hand and constructive criticism. The happiness amongst the team made other teams unhappy.