UTi Worldwide Employee Reviews in United States

small company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  tnMay 19, 2016
Management is terrible, no structure compensation as far as raises on a job is terrible.

Wants you to do more work and less pay.
Pros
small environment
Cons
low pay, no advancement no growth
Recently bought out by DSV but did enjoy it while I was there mostly because of the staff and not management
International Freight Forwarding Agent (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILMay 19, 2016
Great people but poor management and training. As it was bought out and no longer exists so to speak there is not much to consider anymore but while I was there the co-workers were great and the most enjoyable part was the closeness and respect received from them. The hardest part was getting info internally on customers and how to work their accounts as well as billing them.
UTi Integrated Logistics
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 19, 2016
I only worked for UTi for a brief time, but during that time they were are great company to work for. HR was always friendly and eager to assist in any way that they could, the company paid well and had competitive benefits.
great company
Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 19, 2016
wonderful company to work,
such wonderful environmental to work. People are great work with feel right and just at home.

being able to work with your hands and creating such products.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n//a
Worked at UTi for 4 years prior to that worked with them as a vendor for almosst 8 years
Supply Chain Solutions Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2016
Strong company with great people going through tremendous change due to the buyout with DSV. What I saw over the last several weeks was both organization working very hard to develop and communicate solid and well thought out business processes to ensure streamlining and the highest quality in any area of the business. Good luck to UTi/DSV now the #4 3PL in the world.
Pros
People, clients, history, transportation unit
Cons
technology specifically WMS
I worked at UTi as a temporary accountant.
Intercompany Accountant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed working at UTi Worldwide as an intercompany accountant. I gained skills working in the largest company I have thus far been employed. They had great benefits for the employees, the employees where happy, and they provided lunch on Fridays. I enjoyed being introduced to pivot tables.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays, and cookies on Wednesdays.
Cons
Only a temporary position since I was moving out of town.
Great Place To Work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveland, FLMay 10, 2016
UTI Was A Good Place To Work, Unfortunately They Closed Down For Some Reason. Wish It Would've Stayed Open. I Enjoyed This Place
Pros
Good Co Workers Great Environment
Payment Specialist / Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 9, 2016
Perform administrative and customer service to vendors
 Prepared invoices for payment daily
 Prepared invoices for monthly payments
 Performed Administrative and customer Service
Good Company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 5, 2016
Good company to work for. Great benefits package after 90 days. Good supervisors, and know how to get along with associates.
Pros
Good pay
Great people and excellent work environment
Custom Broker Analyst (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 29, 2016
It has been an very rewarding work experience as I have grown tremendously in terms of professional skills. I get to learn new things almost every other day.

Want to know more about UTi Worldwide?

Ask a question
Ok place to work
anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnywhereApril 27, 2016
Need more accountability at management level
Benefits were adequate
Multiple changes occurring with acquisition with DSV.
Not a great place to work
Ocean Export Specialist (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIApril 23, 2016
Very unprofessional and only concerned about bottom line. Not people friendly and rude management with lack of communication and know how.
Pros
Cons
Not a great place to work.
Was a Great Place
SVP (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2016
Have a great career at UTi with exposure to many different business problems and opportunities. Good caring people. A company with passion,
Pros
People
Cons
Work life
Lovely
Regional Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAApril 12, 2016
This was an incredible job to have as my first. Very much got me interested in the logistics world. Glad I could see what it is like in logistics.
Great Expereience and productive
Customs Broker Analyst (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILApril 8, 2016
Great Experience with this company. Great opportunity to grow within the company. The management and Staff are knowledgeable and know what they are doing.
Great, sales driven organization
Regional Sales Director, South Region (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2016
UTi provided the opportunity to recruit, hire, develop and lead a very successful sales team. The individuals I worked with accepted the process that was taught, implemented it in to their daily work behaviors and enjoyed the success that comes from focused, consistent effort.

We enjoyed a great environment where individuals were encouraged to be successful, encouraged to think outside of the standard thinking and to use those proven practices (focus & consistency) to drive forward their individual success. Team members understood they had complete freedom and total support in their efforts to meet the objectives established.
Pros
Strong, professional, sales team.
Cons
IT challenges, created challenges beyond the daily operation.
Shipping
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAMarch 30, 2016
A typical day includes Processing and receiving documents and specialty medical equipment including unloading, scanning, moving, staging, loading, locating, relocating, and stacking product. Workload can range from 15 – 1800 products daily.
this includesCounting and inspecting all product, and notifying the appropriate person if anything is damaged. Worked closely with quality control department. Repackaging product when necessary.
Handled domestic and international shipping (Canada & Germany) through freight companies (UPS ground and Freight as well as Fed-EX freight, ground and express) including data entry for all products.
Pros
allows for cross training
Cons
management is very unorganized and unprofessional
Easy job with inept management
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MO 65270March 25, 2016
The job itself is quite simple, if not monotonous. If you pick orders you are required to meet a minimum "rate" which varies based on the part of the warehouse you are currently assigned. However, rate is inconsistent and is either too easy or too difficult to regularly meet depending on your area. There are no incentives or rewards for exceeding rate other than having your name posted for others to see. I started on the weekend shift and enjoyed it for the most part because of having 3 days off per week, but with less than a months notice our shift was informed that we had to choose another shift because the weekend was getting shut down. We all lost our shift pay differential and were forced to move to another shift and work 5 days a week instead of 4. Management spends most of their time chatting in their air conditioned offices and in meetings while the leads pick up most of their responsibilities. Co-workers are mostly good people who dislike their jobs, and thus are often in bad moods, but most do their best to joke and make friends to make the best of the poor work environment. I would only recommend working here as an alternative to fast food or to get some general warehouse experience.
Pros
warehouse experience may help get hired at better companies, paid breaks
Cons
Low pay compared to other warehouses, clueless management, negative atmosphere
restuarant
Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 24, 2016
i worked in the kitchen as the cook and worked the side order station as well. Helped with customer service taking food orders and delivering orders. Getting to work with new people and learning new things was most enjoyable thing about my job.
Pros
free lunch and off weekends
Great people. Bad Situation
Import Specialist Agent (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 8, 2016
This has been a great learning experience.
Management was not up to task . The colleagues i found were very helpful in making me feel welcome.
Unfortunate company was taken over . Hopefully transition will be smooth.