Utica College Employee Reviews

Great for office experience
International Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 8, 2016
Is a good job if it is your first time in an office environment. Very laid back.

Mostly includes taking messages and getting mail.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
can get boring
Utica College: Resident Assistant
Lead Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 24, 2016
Utica College is a fun place to work, full of employs with great ideas and attitudes to match. I enjoyed working at Utica College while I was also a student.
Great Opportunity to contribute to the field of occupational therapy and many opportunities to self-improvement
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 23, 2016
I have worked full time and continue to work as an adjunct now in the Occupational Therapy program. Colleagues in the OT program work unusually well together by supporting projects and helping each other with new information and on research projects. A typical day is teaching students, reading and networking with others. The most difficult part of the position is reviewing students papers; however, I always learn from them. The most enjoyable part of the work is encouraging and helping students to become productive and successful therapists.
Pros
There are so many opportunities to interact with bright and interactive faculty and students!
Cons
I would have wanted more time to complete the work when full time and program director, now that I am only teaching part time it is no long an issue, I no longer have my own office on campus
Utica College
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 3, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Utica College. There is not room for advancement within my department and I was not sure Utica College Admissions is something I wanted to do for life. I am ready to do something more self fulfilling like working with children, with my nurturing personality.
Pros
Great experience, skills, and environment
Cons
Ready for Career Change
Teaching and Learning
RN Clinical Professor - Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 18, 2015
As an instructor, the best part of my job was watching up and coming nurses reach a point of understanding and develop critical thinking skills. It was very rewarding to know I was doing my part to contribute to providing competent and successful nurses as colleagues within our field of practice.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Additional paperwork
This is a distance learning center in St. Petersberg, Florida
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 23, 2015
This faculty is required by the college to use nursing faculty that are licensed in Florida. Communication among facility is very good.
Pros
Classes are presented in a semester calendar
Diverse and Productive Learning Enviroment
Student Senate (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 24, 2015
During my academic years at Utica College, I became very involved in campus life. I not only played four years for the Utica College Football team, starting for two years, but joined an all male organization called BOND, an performing arts organization called Open Moments, pledge a fraternity called Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc, and further went on to become treasurer of the Inter-Greek Council and then later IGC president, making me a essential component of the Student Senate executive board.
During this time I also held a job at the Edith Barret Art Gallery within the school, tutored several students, and gave barbering services on the side as, I am also a licensed barber in the state of Maryland.
My involvement made me well-respected by my peers, faculty, ad administration and often asked for advice from other campus organizations and faculty on campus innovation projects. The hardest part of the job, as you may imagine was time-management, but I overcame this challenge with careful planning and advice from my superiors allowing me to graduate with a 2.97 cumulative GPA and only three semester under a 3.0.
It was a good work place to continue my education and have a income as well
Athletic Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica CollegeJune 17, 2015
This was a great job to have during the school year. Especially as a student athlete I was able to have flexible hours to attend practices and games, and also get my school work done.
Great Learning Experience
Advancement Intern (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 22, 2015
I learned a lot that I can use in my future endeavors.

Responsibilities:
Maintain personal and confidential alumni accounts
Prepare for and assist in event planning
Reaching out to alumni for events, donations and life events
Prepared and executed multiple mailings
Answered phones
Filed confidential paperwork
Supervised student employees
Adjunct on-Line Teaching Bachelor of nursing (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 11, 2015
I enjoy working for Utica college the staff is very supportive and the students seek to learn of new skills and theory. I have great satisfaction when my students move on to their preceptorship and converse with me on material their learn about and are now experiencing first hand.
Pros
on line
Cons
on line
Love working in this office setting I am in and working the the students
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Office of Residence LifeMarch 19, 2015
Administrative Duties - Work with the Director and Assistant Director. I am the front person in the office. In charge of work studies that I hire for my office. I do all the aspects of office work. From answering phones to running reports. Deal with whatever issues that arise in regards to students rooms, keys, access to building. Book rooms for faculty/staff/and student groups.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Can be hectic at times
grill cook/prep cook
grill cook/prep cook (Current Employee) –  utica N.YJanuary 14, 2015
worked on grill make pizza and do prep work there wasn't really any hard parts of my job the management was great and the co workers were very nice help full and friendly the most enjoyable part of my job was working with me co workers and making food for the students
Excellent
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 8, 2015
Very fun, friendly and a good place for learning. Small sized college and classes makes it easy to teach and assist the group of students.
Productive Fun work place
General Athletic Event Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 19, 2014
Answering phones and selling and collecting tickets at sporting events
The school is driven by passion.
PRIVATE FITNESS ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Athletic DepartmentOctober 19, 2014
The passion that the school has for the advancement of their athletes and students in seen in everything they do in the athletic department. The employees and coaching staff posses and carry on the same dedication in the manner they carry themselves in day o day operations.
Utica College
Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 17, 2014
Utica College is a great place to work! It has offered me professional growth and freedom to explore opportunities for making the department better for students.
Able to work on campus while attending classes.
Serials Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  LibrarySeptember 12, 2014
This was a work study program offered to students needing employment while living in the dorms. My experience was in the Utica College Library handling catalogues and data entry. Worked 10-12 hours per week with one fellow student. Spent weekends in Media Center assisting students in lending video and media equipment. Hardest part was the low pay. The most enjoyable was being able to work right on campus and not have to find employment in the city.
Pros
Right on Campus
Cons
Low pay
great per diem work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 14, 2014
I work one week per semester with great coworkers. I enjoy working with the students and providing an interdisciplinary approach to addressing several neurological disorders.
Fun place to work
Assistant Men's Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 30, 2013
Enjoyed my time at the College. a friendly and fun environment.
Productive and fun place
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 24, 2013
Employees are friendly
They help me learned how to be responsible in my work station
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utica College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4