Utica College Employee Reviews

A great place to start your IT adventure
Utica - Workstudy/Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 9, 2017
Working here throughout college was nothing short of a blessing. Was able to learn majority of what is used in the field at any given moment, as well as how to improvise and adapt.
slow paced
Library Circulation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 19, 2017
very nice and helpful. THE older employees would work with you to help you if you don't know stuff. had a good supervisor who showed you the ropes. the night crew were super helpful and considerate
great
Sports Information Intern (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at utica college. The people were very kind to me and took care of me. It was a great experience for me and it helped me get comfortable to a professional working environment.
Temp Position
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYAugust 3, 2017
I worked at Utica College as a Temp. I'm sure that if I was full-time, my experience would have different. In fact if I was full-time I would probably still be employed that.
Great for current students
Information Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 20, 2017
Really laid back, but sometimes it can be too laid back. You really just sit at the desk, answering phone calls (there are not a lot), and occasionally checking to see if anything in the library needs to be cleaned. It can get really boring and slow, so I suggest you apply during the semester (you can get your homework done since you have a lot of free time), not during the summer.
Very busy work environment with a family atmosphere
Detail Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Utica, NY 13502May 30, 2017
I work in a very diversified workplace with handling cash and being in a higher education position. I am familiar with different aspects of Financial Aid and monies allocated for that.
Excellent
Business Administrative Work Study (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 12, 2017
It provides good growth for students, and prepares students for the real world. Very easy to "make" a degree and a minor that fits individual's wants and needs.
Pros
Lots of Work Study Opportunities
Cons
Faculty and staff can be difficult
I was a Student
Athletic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 9, 2017
Great experience, very flexible hours. I was a component to sporting events, responsible for working the side lines of school events. When events were not scheduled I would work in the weight room cleaning.
Meeting with tutee
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 19, 2017
Overall, meeting and mentoring tutees are fun and enjoyable. People are nice, sweet, and respectful. I can see that they really try to get a better grade. And as there tutor, I am really proud of them.
Good potential
Clinical Coordinator RN (Current Employee) –  Florida, NYApril 1, 2017
Employees are not directly managed, nor interact with the administrators at Utica college. Communicating between all parties involved can be challenging. However, both the contracting management company, and the college are both growing and have potential for developing.
Pros
future growth
Cons
lack of management
Great place
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 21, 2017
I was only a work study but had an enjoyable time working there, Learned many valuable things from HIPPA regulations to basic secretarial duties. Great office staff
good job
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  residence hallsFebruary 6, 2017
The management was really good and they care about their employees. The environment was good and coworkers are very helpful.Overall it is a good place to work.
Utica college
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Utica college is my alma mater. Education is of utmost importance there, but financial counseling lacked. I am struggling to manage my life and save money since graduation. My loan payments are ridiculous and the sacrifices I make to pay them were not worth my degree from the school.
Nice, small liberal arts college focused on students and teaching.
Director (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 2, 2016
Still a small student-focused college but with aspirations to grow into an online model to add on to the traditional campus. The biggest challenge here is the culture shift as the college grows into new programs and an online focus.
Pros
Small campus, can get to know most faculty & staff.
Cons
Pressure for growth and rapid shifts in culture are challenging.
Great for office experience
International Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 8, 2016
Is a good job if it is your first time in an office environment. Very laid back.

Mostly includes taking messages and getting mail.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
can get boring
Utica College: Resident Assistant
Lead Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 24, 2016
Utica College is a fun place to work, full of employs with great ideas and attitudes to match. I enjoyed working at Utica College while I was also a student.
Great Opportunity to contribute to the field of occupational therapy and many opportunities to self-improvement
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 23, 2016
I have worked full time and continue to work as an adjunct now in the Occupational Therapy program. Colleagues in the OT program work unusually well together by supporting projects and helping each other with new information and on research projects. A typical day is teaching students, reading and networking with others. The most difficult part of the position is reviewing students papers; however, I always learn from them. The most enjoyable part of the work is encouraging and helping students to become productive and successful therapists.
Pros
There are so many opportunities to interact with bright and interactive faculty and students!
Cons
I would have wanted more time to complete the work when full time and program director, now that I am only teaching part time it is no long an issue, I no longer have my own office on campus
Utica College
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 3, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Utica College. There is not room for advancement within my department and I was not sure Utica College Admissions is something I wanted to do for life. I am ready to do something more self fulfilling like working with children, with my nurturing personality.
Pros
Great experience, skills, and environment
Cons
Ready for Career Change
Teaching and Learning
RN Clinical Professor - Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYNovember 18, 2015
As an instructor, the best part of my job was watching up and coming nurses reach a point of understanding and develop critical thinking skills. It was very rewarding to know I was doing my part to contribute to providing competent and successful nurses as colleagues within our field of practice.
Pros
Patient interaction
Cons
Additional paperwork
This is a distance learning center in St. Petersberg, Florida
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 23, 2015
This faculty is required by the college to use nursing faculty that are licensed in Florida. Communication among facility is very good.
Pros
Classes are presented in a semester calendar

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utica College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3