Utica National Insurance Group

Utica National Insurance Group Employer Reviews

Very quiet and peaceful place to work.
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Utica, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: casual wear at the office.
I went from on the road Senior Claim Specialist to in-house Senior
Claim Specialist with this job. All inspections of property and physical damage was accomplished by third party investigators for the company. I did the initial telephone recording for record with all parties. I determined the loss values and made settlements. With physical damage of persons, if they were represented by counsel I in turn hired out our counsel of choice to represent the company. When the cases reached agreement in terms I made settlements by total payouts or by annual annuity payments.
My co-workers were very nice and enjoyed their company. Management was very terse in their engagement with the workers.
The hardest part of the job was the continual visual looking at the
computer screen and the typing of many reports, but was able to take breaks to relieve the stress. The company insured personal property, auto, commercial lines and many school districts.
A good place to work for with great employees
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: closed the albany office
I was a claims specialist. I handled several different lines of business. My typical day would depend on which files were on diary and the amount of new claims received. Upon receipt of a new claim I would do a policy review to determine coverage, complete an investigation, all leading to various conclusions. Starting out over 11 years ago in the insurance industry I learned every aspect of claims handling. My supervisor and manager were both intelligent, kind, and excellent resources. I got along great with my co-workers we all still keep in touch. I think the hardest part of my job was also the most enjoyable. In the field of claims you are dealing with insureds and claimants that may have had a tramatic event take place in their lives; you feel bad for what they are going through. The enjoyable part is that you are the one that is able to walk the customer through the process and assist them in anyway you can.
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 25, 2013
Good place to work for Claims Professionals, while handling interesting Commercial claims.
Good.
Sr. Loss Control Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: excellent manager. easy workload.
Cons: not a very challenging job.
I would leave my home each Monday and travel throughout the state of North Carolina visiting accounts. I would return home on Wednesday afternoons most weeks. I mainly conducted underwriting surveys for the underwriters at Utica visiting school systems, churches, and fuel oil dealers. I would visit approximately three to six accounts during the week and write reports on Thursdays and Fridays.
Working at Utica National was a rewarding experience.
Surplus Lines Team Underwriter/Account Manager (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYApril 5, 2012
Pros: free education
Utica National offers an employee much opportunity. Their human resource department is exemplary. They offer continued education classes along with the ability for an employee to advance their career and apply for another position easily and without reprocussion. They believe in bench strength and building talent within the organization.

About Utica National Insurance Group

Utica Mutual is native to the Mohawk Valley, but has spread its insurance business across the US since its 1914 beginnings. As – Read more