Utica National Insurance and Founders Insurance Employee Reviews

Average place to work
Underwriting Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 10, 2017
Utica National is always upgrading their procedures and management to provided the best and most advanced services.

The environment was ok, but not much room for advancement unless you commit to studying insurance courses during your time emplyed there.

I witnessed a woman lose her job 5 years before she was due to retire and was offered an entry level job because of it.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
No advncement
At least they were honest...
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYAugust 16, 2017
Full time employees are often expected to work 50+ hours per week because the company is too cheap to hire a sufficient number of IT resources to complete work in a timely manner. The management is a revolving door and IT is in desperate need of process standardization and improvement.
Pros
They honestly described long work hours during the initial application process, Most employees are pleasant and kind people
Cons
Long hours, poor project management, and lack of vision
Recent changes are concerning
Senior Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, NYJune 28, 2017
There has been a move toward segmentation that will limit growth of employees. Segmentation looks at an individual, sees what his or her strengths are and puts them in a position to do what they do best. The downside is that there is no new challenges or opportunity.
Pros
Work from home 2 days a week
Cons
Limited growth
Good Place, but Proceed with Caution
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2017
If you intend to work in the Atlanta office - DO NOT under any circumstances work on the Auto-MD team. The supervisor has the highest turnover rate in that office, bullies and harasses staff (she has had numerous HR complaints), and she is ALWAYS behind on her work (good luck getting authority to settle your claims). She's hands down the worse supervisor I've ever had.

Other than that, the job is GREAT. Good pay, work from home, excellent benefits, friendly staff, easy work. I would recommend this employer if, and only if, the potential candidate does not have to work under the current Auto-MD Supervisor.
Pros
Work from Home, Good Pay
Cons
Terrible Auto-MD Supervisor
fun work place- co workers were like family.
Claims Service Representative/File Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJune 1, 2017
I worked here for 15 years until they closed. I enjoyed it very much. I liked learning new things. The ins and outs of insurance claim handling. I liked investigating claims- and settling them with insureds and claimants.
Pros
No claim was the same. Learned something new every day.
Cons
Office closed.
Nice place to work
Sr. Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAFebruary 10, 2017
Good company. The claims system is out dated and makes it difficult to do your job since it is so old. Its a DOS system. I do like the management team. I like the fact that I was able to experience other jobs and attend a ride along with risk management staff since I am looking to get into Risk Management in the future. I love the fact that they allow you to work from home
awful company
Employee there (Former Employee) –  companyNovember 30, 2016
Will not go back. This company will force you to do more than you've ever done from other companies. You end up repeating everything you do. There is no work/life balance. If you have a family, the benefits cost entirely too much. You have to fight for a decent pay.
Pros
Most of the employees are extremely kind.
Cons
everything else
Family oriented company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2016
Management continues to change focus. The Atlanta office has a great manager and supervisors. The employees are great to work with. You have a to take tests for employment.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Healthcare
Billing software support
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 19, 2016
I support our product here, our company P&C insurance product and deployed to Utica Insurance company I supporting and helping my product knowledge to client.
good team
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, NYJune 23, 2016
Excellent team player with enthusiastic, strong initiative and ability to accept responsibilities and meet tough deadlines.
Insurance Industry
Insurance Industry Worker (Current Employee) –  Jericho, NYJuly 31, 2014
Standard insurance office with UW, Claims, Marketing, HR, & other Field Depts. to work in/with.
Great company
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 5, 2013
This company gave me my first real job. I'm sorry I left. Would love to go back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utica National Insurance and Founders Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9