Utiliquest Employee Reviews in United States

Not a Place to Stay More than 3 Years
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJSeptember 29, 2015
Short term the company pays well benefits are good.

Long term pay is not fit for long term....benefits are still good....no room for advancement unless your willing to relocate across country however company does not reimburse for move. If you stay in the new jersey office equipment is not up to date trucks are not kept clean and management will only promote those they favor despite your qualifications being better than the person chosen..

Typical work day consists of working out side in extreme weather, on constrution sites, and in middle of roadways marking underground utilities without proper safety precautions for traffic issues.
Pros
dental, vision, and Medical FSA cards are nice
Cons
No room for advancement within company, equipment is not good
Good job but horrible company
Damage Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAFebruary 10, 2016
Horrible, the compensation does not match the work, management is clueless and the company as a whole is horrible. Good people are quitting in droves. This job would be great if it were unionized for the benefits and employee protection. Great stepping stone for other opportunities in the utility industry. Don't work here!!!!!
Pros
Take home truck, and gas
Cons
$$$, benefits, stress, undertrained, general working conditions !!!!, drive cam
This is a great company.
Utility Locator (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILJanuary 9, 2016
I started after training as a field locator and within a short time, I was promoted to a Safety Supervisor. I finally found the career that I have been looking for.

Locating offers a great starting career with many benefits and advancement.

Locators pay when I started in training was very low for the utilities, homeowners, and contractor's that your protecting.
Pros
Training and advancement.
Cons
Low starting pay.
Do not work here
Damage prevention specialist (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 23, 2015
By far the worst place i have ever worked. long hours with little pay. on-call does not have standby pay. expect you to make your whole life revolve around the job. will call you at all hours of the night. coworkers were great but management was horrible. company policy changes on a weekly basis. camera watching you every minute of every day in you work truck. no assistance when you need it. and the benefits suck
Pros
Cons
healthcare, long hours, underpaid, camera
One of the very best positions I could have ever asked for
Plant Protection Engineer (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLMay 4, 2016
As a MASTER OSP ENGINER. I was basically my own boss. I would work from my own home base and route my daily workload.
I was a front line supervisor in charge of Protection the assets of the different contracted facilities. Supervising the actions of all the personal and their actions or inactions while on the contracted right away's. In charge of safety, instruction and training of new employees and older employs in need of retraining or adaptive training . Was directly involved of writing policy and procedures. Maintaining OSHA and Hippa Guidelines.
Pros
One of the very best companys I ever had the honer to work for, and help build into a very successful company
Cons
I was not able to continue in the field due to my physical status at the time
Company
Field Tech/ Locator (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CANovember 6, 2015
A great company to work for they give you opportunities to grow within them and they give you good raises. You learn a lot.
Horrible
locator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Underpaid.. huge stress involved...responsible for multi million dollar lines and paid slightly above minimum wage.. they are pretty good about vehicles though... cell phone included...no much travel which is great.
Pros
vehicle
Cons
management and low wage
Great place for the self-motivated and assertive.
Underground Utility Locate Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 22, 2016
At the time I worked with this company. Several positions had to be filled in order for UtiliQuest to meet client contract agreement. UtiliQuest did the best they could to for-fill the clients' requirements in a timely manner. The training process was shortened to meet demands. Some of the new employees did not appreciate the demands and heightened level of stress required of their job. I didn't mind it.
Pros
steady work
Cons
poor management structure
Morale Committee
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 15, 2016
While working here I learned to set up and process local and school district taxes. I reported to the CFO and he trusted my decisions.
My co-workers all respected the job that I had and knew that I would help them with their issues in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was creating different management reports. The most enjoyable part was dealing with the employees on all levels.
Pros
No mico managing
Cons
health insurance and PTO policy
Solid Full Time Job, Maybe a career, if you take the initiative.
Damage Prevention Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 20, 2014
Solid Full time Job,
Maybe a career of you're talented and take the initiative.
work outdoors in all conditions,
work mostly alone, don't see co-workers or boss often,
Overtime when its busy it you want it.
You make your own route and flexible schedule.
Daytime working hours a +

**Management needs improvement and they need to recognize and appreciate the skilled, hard-working technicians they have instead of telling them to work harder.
Pros
company take home truck, gas paid for, computer, paid training, paid holidays, vacation
Cons
24/7 on-call once every 8 weeks, management needs improvement, limited career advancement, strict drive-cam policy
overall good company , good atmosphere, good pay, good benefits
Damage Prevention Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 16, 2016
Receive work orders, map out customer locations, professionally interact with customers, Self motivated, clock in and clock out through company laptop.
It's alright
Locator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 17, 2016
Work can be stressful and tends to slow down in the winter. On call is a good way to pick up extra hours and money. But, it can be overwhelming at times.
Pros
Work by yourself
Cons
stressful and little room for advancing
I really loved this job
Dispatcher/Locator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 5, 2014
I can't say this job was stress free because it was very stressful. But I loved it and thrived on the stress of it. I sent emergency line locates out to 75 locators on a daily basis all day long. My job went home with me via cell phone. The locators would call me for information at times while I was at home after hours. Being the only dispatcher for my area there were a lot of hours worked a week. Could have as many as I wanted. This also helped me with job security no one wanted my job. The hardest part of the job was when the system would go down and I would have to call each and every locator with every detail of every locate (there were a lot of locates per locator). The most enjoyable part was being there and feeling excited about doing my job well. I loved working with everyone there from the other dispatchers, locators and management. Management pretty much let me do my own thing, the only time I would hear from them was when something might have gone wrong somewhere.
Pros
i loved the job and the people. great pay and benefits
Cons
taking the job home with me
Good company
Facility Locate Tech (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 28, 2016
good company when it was in Texas. Lost contract in Texas with Atmos. The sups. was good to work for and had great vehicles.
Home time
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainsville VaJanuary 27, 2016
The company doesn't do anything for employees. They are all about productivity and quantity not safety. If you want a job to work around giving family time and work time this is not the place.
Pros
COV
Cons
family time
Utiliquest - Great Company
anonymous (Current Employee) –  anonymousJuly 8, 2014
I used to work at USIC, and prefer Utiliquest A MILLION PERCENT. The equipment is way better here, management/corporate listen to what I've gotta say, and work is steadier. I feel a sense of pride when I finish a locate because I know I'm protecting the community. It's a serious job, where I have to be aware of everything around me, and constantly double check for safety from driving to the actual locate. If you're careless, and don't like to double check your work, this is not a job for you. It's a good job for focused people that like working outdoors. I'm not too bothered by hot or cold. Just stay hydrated. They send us messages about promotions in the company on our tablets when we update our time sheet. I've got buddies that work at corporate now and can't wait to work there myself.
Pros
benefits, raises, bonuses
good busy work
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 14, 2016
good work placed in different parts of the hospital 1 floors good coworkers an boss free lunches great people to work with and good company
Pros
co workers
Cons
pay
A very poor, unfulfilling place to work
Field Check Auditor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta,GaJuly 10, 2014
Unfortunately people at this company are judged more by personal affiliations than actual ability and performance. The work environment consists of people who participate in "herd mentality", never allowing individuals to express their own viewpoints or exist outside of the group. Those that attempt to do so are treated unfairly or shunned. There is no accountability from management for directives put into place or mistreatment of employees, they simply strategically hide behind human resource regulation in order to manipulate employees and continue unfair treatment. Oh how it would benefit the employees of Utiliquest to have a Union on their side to protect their rights....Would I recommend this company--ABSOLUTELY NOT! If you want to be appreciated,treated fairly,and truly compensated for your worth...do not work here!
Pros
none that come to mind
Cons
poor management, unappreciation, poor wages, lack of promotion based on merit(based on personal feelings)
UtiliQuest Denver is the place to be.
Utility Locator (Current Employee) –  DenverApril 9, 2015
UtiliQuest gave me a sign on bonus for being an experienced tech. They offered me a little more than my current pay too! They are also going to give me a bonus for staying with the company in October 2015. They have great benefits! They are giving all new techs a new computer, new truck, jackets, shirts, boots and all new equipment. I am so excited to be here! Best decision I ever made.
Pros
Excellent Pay and Benefits, Employee Discounts, Free Boots, Good Equipment
good
Locator (Current Employee) –  sacramento caOctober 21, 2015
great company this is a great place to work just be careful when driving all u do is fine berried cable lines. u make sue that you prevent any and all damages to make sure lines don't get damaged