Utiliquest

Utiliquest Employee Reviews

Utiliquest
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDMay 7, 2015
If you like to work alone, this is the position for you. Very easy work and competitive pay. This is definitely a job for someone who doesn't enjoy being micro managed
UtiliQuest Denver is the place to be.
Utility Locator (Current Employee), DenverApril 9, 2015
Pros: Excellent Pay and Benefits, Employee Discounts, Free Boots, Good Equipment
UtiliQuest gave me a sign on bonus for being an experienced tech. They offered me a little more than my current pay too! They are also going to give me a bonus for staying with the company in October 2015. They have great benefits! They are giving all new techs a new computer, new truck, jackets, shirts, boots and all new equipment. I am so excited to be here! Best decision I ever made.
Locating Underground Utilities
Outdoor Locator (Former Employee), Halethorpe, MDMarch 2, 2015
Pros: work vehicle, gas card, computer, phone
Cons: repetitious work on locations already dug on
Wake up, go out to work vehicle drive over to first locate site and sign into work laptop and clock in.
After this point, read ticket , pull up maps for each utility in the zone of location Verizon, WSSC, BGE, Comcast, PEPCO and add to ticket.
Step out using locating device by direct connect method to underground utility, mark by guidelines and color , dot off , then straight line mark.
Return to computer after removal of direct connect device, take a gps location screen shot, then add to ticket and draw to best of abilities the marks made with two measured distances from a spot that will always be the same on revaluation. Example. When facing house, front right corner 3 ft.
Fair about work load
Utility Locator (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 20, 2014
Enjoyed working with everyone there. Management was very supportive.
Solid Full Time Job, Maybe a career, if you take the initiative.
Damage Prevention Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCDecember 20, 2014
Pros: company take home truck, gas paid for, computer, paid training, paid holidays, vacation
Cons: 24/7 on-call once every 8 weeks, management needs improvement, limited career advancement, strict drive-cam policy
Solid Full time Job,
Maybe a career of you're talented and take the initiative.
work outdoors in all conditions,
work mostly alone, don't see co-workers or boss often,
Overtime when its busy it you want it.
You make your own route and flexible schedule.
Daytime working hours a +

**Management needs improvement and they need to recognize and appreciate the skilled, hard-working technicians they have instead of telling them to work harder.
solitude
Damage Prevention Technician (Former Employee), MDDecember 13, 2014
Not bad. Quiet but the driving regulations can be ridiculous. Every little bump sets the camera off and then you get into ttrouble for it. No matter how slow you go. Other than that, it is not too bad of a place. You can get the hours you want and are left alone. People are okay to work with.
I really loved this job
Dispatcher/Locator (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 5, 2014
Pros: i loved the job and the people. great pay and benefits
Cons: taking the job home with me
I can't say this job was stress free because it was very stressful. But I loved it and thrived on the stress of it. I sent emergency line locates out to 75 locators on a daily basis all day long. My job went home with me via cell phone. The locators would call me for information at times while I was at home after hours. Being the only dispatcher for my area there were a lot of hours worked a week. Could have as many as I wanted. This also helped me with job security no one wanted my job. The hardest part of the job was when the system would go down and I would have to call each and every locator with every detail of every locate (there were a lot of locates per locator). The most enjoyable part was being there and feeling excited about doing my job well. I loved working with everyone there from the other dispatchers, locators and management. Management pretty much let me do my own thing, the only time I would hear from them was when something might have gone wrong somewhere.
Great fellow employees
Fleet and Asset Manager (Former Employee), Cream Ridge, NJOctober 26, 2014
I operated the daily day to day inventory of vehicles, equipment, safety equipment.
Great Job!
Laborer (Former Employee), Suisun, CaOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: n/a
It was a great experience, enjoyed meeting all the people in the cities that I met.
ok job
Utility Worker- locator (Former Employee), Manassas, VASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: worked independently
Cons: could never get help, dispatch
located all utilities gas, water, electric and cable.ok job great pay.worked independently
Learning always existed always something new
Utility Service line Locator (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXAugust 10, 2014
Enjoyed the job. Learned a lot. Sometimes wish i still worked there.
we were responsible for pinpointing the paths of cables,pipes and other conduits that carry utilities underground. using uniform color coding paint.
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 27, 2014
Pros: getting my own office with a view
Cons: my branch of the company closed
I liked working for this company, you learn a lot and you work with great people.
I liked the job.
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Ventura, CAJuly 17, 2014
I really liked working here, a lot of traveling and working outside, I didn't like having to get into manholes.
A very poor, unfulfilling place to work
Field Check Auditor (Former Employee), Alpharetta,GaJuly 10, 2014
Pros: none that come to mind
Cons: poor management, unappreciation, poor wages, lack of promotion based on merit(based on personal feelings)
Unfortunately people at this company are judged more by personal affiliations than actual ability and performance. The work environment consists of people who participate in "herd mentality", never allowing individuals to express their own viewpoints or exist outside of the group. Those that attempt to do so are treated unfairly or shunned. There is no accountability from management for directives put into place or mistreatment of employees, they simply strategically hide behind human resource regulation in order to manipulate employees and continue unfair treatment. Oh how it would benefit the employees of Utiliquest to have a Union on their side to protect their rights....Would I recommend this company--ABSOLUTELY NOT! If you want to be appreciated,treated fairly,and truly compensated for your worth...do not work here!
Utiliquest - Great Company
anonymous (Current Employee), anonymousJuly 8, 2014
Pros: benefits, raises, bonuses
I used to work at USIC, and prefer Utiliquest A MILLION PERCENT. The equipment is way better here, management/corporate listen to what I've gotta say, and work is steadier. I feel a sense of pride when I finish a locate because I know I'm protecting the community. It's a serious job, where I have to be aware of everything around me, and constantly double check for safety from driving to the actual locate. If you're careless, and don't like to double check your work, this is not a job for you. It's a good job for focused people that like working outdoors. I'm not too bothered by hot or cold. Just stay hydrated. They send us messages about promotions in the company on our tablets when we update our time sheet. I've got buddies that work at corporate now and can't wait to work there myself.
It is a very enjoyable work place in the field and comfortable and laxed in the office.
Utility Locator / Field Checker / Dispatcher (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 27, 2014
Pros: providing damage prevention service to private and public sectors, everyday you're in a different location, forever seeing different places and sights of the city, i love map reading
Cons: snakes in rural areas in the field, the weather both hot and cold, the only con i had in the office was the traffic to and from work.
I really enjoyed working for Utiliquest. As a Utility locator, you work alone, start your route off at home and return home at the end of your route. Driving the company pickup to and from home, only met with supervisors in the field for resupply and administrative matters. I also met monthly at a predetermined location in the field or office for safety classes or equipment updates. Promoted to the office as a Field Checker / Dispatcher, where I checked and approved the field locator work of fellow employees and redirected their route to other jobs mainly emergencies. There wasn't anything complicated about the work at Utiliquest, I enjoyed the field work and the office was a very relaxed atmosphere as well. No pressure whatsoever and the weekly meetings were very informative and brief.
Management Rude- HR Unprofessional- Discrimination Allowed
Locator Tech. (Former Employee), Pacific NorthwestMay 28, 2014
Pros: good benefits- paid training
Cons: poor management, hr, and field support not there!
Look out for your safety and your civil rights. Complaints will be ignored by Human Resources. BOSSES are allowed to harass their employees as much as they want. Equipment is sub-standard, and help in the field is not there. Although there are some good people working for them. You may be isolated and unable to seek help from others as well as those folks told to not assist you what so ever.
Unethical practices are done, and you will be taught to do so, or you will loose your job. Just know that they will promise you many things, but deliver on very few of them. Felt ashamed of the way I was forced to do my job. Customer's requests are ignored, or they are told lies often just to speed things along.
Training seems good, but what happens in the field is totally different. I honestly could not continue working for such unethical people. Seems that some one needs to do a back ground check on the management of this company and it's other companies as well. I did the best job I could with poorly maintained equipment, and requests for better were denied.
If you work for this company be sure you have a good lawyer on speed dial, you will most likely need them.
great place
Damage Prevention Field Technician (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMay 27, 2014
u learn a lot of technical stuff to prevent damage utility lines management is great and employees are wonderful.
Job offers its challenges and is interesting while working outdoors.
Damage Control Specialist/ Utility Locator (Current Employee), Stockton, CAMay 20, 2014
Pros: outdoors and i get to see areas not normally seen by the public.
Cons: drive cam, high demands, low pay
I enjoy my work and co workers. I get the opportunity to meet many interesting people amd see the unusual side to many places. The work can be stressful and the company puts high demands on its employees. Most work is done unsupervised. Driving safety is emphasized and is monitored with a "Drive Cam" that can be a neusance and often distracting. This company has a high turnover rate with employees but, can be a good place for the right type of person.
Productive but very strenous work
Customer Service Call Center Manager (Former Employee), Halethorpe, MDMay 19, 2014
Pros: company truck
Cons: no leadership until i came aboard
Very long hours and no time for family life. Management became a lot better once someone was at the helm. Very disorganized before but is well up to par now.

1 2 3

About Utiliquest

For over three decades, UtiliQuest, LLC has been locating underground utility lines and offering value-added services to major – Read more

Utiliquest Salaries