Utility Partners of America

Utility Partners of America Employer Reviews

Overall a good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greer, SCJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: breaks and great pay
Cons: terrible boss
Lots of fun and friendly people in a call center environment. Tons of room for advancement. Unfortunately the owner of the company comes traipsing through the call center unannounced yelling the f word for customers to hear.
unprofessional office environment
Customer Service Associate/personal assistant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: bonus for my productivity; good benefits & pay.
Cons: unprofessional management, not wanting us to take breaks away from our desk, ethical issues as well.
The office environment was unprofessional and curse words was used daily by the management.

They were not very tolerating of me having to be out with my child when she was sick, even when I offered to perform my job from home. This was with a doctor's note as well.

I was given extra duties as someone's personal assistant to get them caught up on their duties. After a few months of doing both jobs I was able to get the permit department caught up only to lose my job shortly after.

I did enjoy some of the employees conversations & the conversations with customers were good too.

Found out while trying to assist customers that the company was telling the customer to pay for their permits & such on their claims then found out that WE were suppose to pay those charges & I was asked to lie to customers regarding this so that management would get bigger BONUSES! Totally against my ethics.

Also management expected employees to take their breaks & lunches on the clock working.
Exciting place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: freedom and pay
Cons: contract labor
10-12 hour days

I learned more about the NEC code and learned a lot from all the master electricians that i worked with. When I started i had the lowest position and moved all the way up to PM.

Management was good and very easy to talk to and would listen to everything you had to say.

Everyone got a long for the most part and helped each other out on big or difficult jobs.

The hardest part of my job at UPA as a PM was keeping up with all the different sections of the job. From the installer,service,inventory,vehicle's,payroll and daily profit and loss statement.
It was a lot to keep up with for being just one person but it wasn't impossible.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customer save money on the energy bill. It always kept my HVAC/ELE skills sharp and learning something new everyday to better my self.
Productive and Innovative
Project Manager/Consultant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: growth in job knowledge and technology
Cons: high demands on traveling
A typical workday at UPA varies which is one of the exciting attributes about the job. UPA is a utility contractor specializing in installation, consultation, and infrastructure restoration and development. Due to the ever-changing technology within the utility industry, this job is challenging in every aspect, as well as, highly rewarding for the employees knowing that successfully accomplishing the tasks of each project helps make life better for each utility consumer across North America.
working with alot of pressure on you
sales rep (Current Employee), GreenvilleSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: bonuses, gifts daily, pay is great, coworkers are amazing
Cons: not enough break time, long hours, too much pressure. never know when your getting the white box
This is a great company it's came along way. The staff is awesome....some of the mangers need more training starting at child hood. But other than that it's ok. Long hours
hot work
Install Technician (Current Employee), tallahassee,flAugust 31, 2014
work is not hard. co-workers are good guys. its project piece work
great experience, learned new skills
METER INSTALLER (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 27, 2014
arrive at the shop and restock work truck. put together my route sheet for the day. inform my supervisor of my departure and install or remove and re-install new meters into the homes of our customers
Made a lot of friends
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 17, 2014
Pros: no managers were looking over my shoulder
Cons: worked on holidays and sundays
I enjoyed my job, I took inbound and outbound calls to customers that had the warranty on water heaters, water line, I enjoyed speaking to the customer knowing I was the one that was going to help them take care of their problems. I learned you could not take it personal when you had an upset customer.
UPA is a fast growing company with opportunities for high acheivers
Sales Supervisor/ QA Supervisor (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 21, 2014
Pros: vacation pay and paid time off per year
Cons: sometimes too fast paced to take a break
A typical day at work is normally fast paced with approximately 40 employees on the phones calling different Utility companies customers selling their warranties. I have learned how to manage employees, how to track sales and attendance, how to grade employee calls based on quality of call, also training employees on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is starting a new campaign that we may not have all the answers that customers may ask but as time evolves we are better equip to handle all situations. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the employees every day, as this is the best team that I have every worked with.
review
Team Project Lead (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 25, 2014
great company to work for, great pay and benefits, hours are not flexible
Manager/Trainer/Technical & Proposal Writer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 11, 2014
One of the best jobs I have ever had. I was very sad when my department was shut down.
At first company was owned by little guys and then the big company got the company turn it upside down
Field Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 12, 2013
Pros: free gas and hit the road
Cons: high insurance plans
Learned alot in a short time mostly on hand training at first the company got bigger and we had to grow with them in skills.My day at work was pretty good with me being a self starter and no one on my back it was very nice,The hardest part of the job was ordering parts and getting it in on time to keep customers happy.The most enjoyable part of the job was getting away from home and seeing towns in the state never been to and meeting new people helping them with their problems,stoping for lunch and dinner where i wanted too shopping for things i needed to do my job using someone else money.I had my owne van to take home nightly free gas to get to the jobs and credit cards and they gave a cellphone,laptop andGps. Sometimes the job was very hard dealing with some of the customers and some where very nice and made my job easy,And sometimes the parts when they come was right which made the job easy and sometimes realy bad.
would not recommend working here
Data Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 7, 2013
Pros: no pros
Cons: staff is not very good all the way to owners
Left in the dark a lot about whats going on
to critical on certain employees
Rewarding work with a great team
Support Services (Current Employee), USAMay 20, 2013
Pros: competative salary, ability to learn and grow, travel to different parts of the world...
Cons: sometimes difficult to juggle a work/life balance. can be very long hours
A typical day at work includes providing technical and project support to both customers and employees. Through the years I learned many new skills and trades which the company paid on my behalf. You never see eye to eye with all, but most of the people are honest, hardworking people. This company has supported me both personally and professionally. I'm a learning junky and I get more than my feel. While I would like to see a decrease in benefits costs, I am overall happy with what I do and the team I work with.
Very rewarding, goal oriented, professional atmosphere
Field Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OK; Galveston, TX; Austin, TXMay 13, 2013
Pros: company vehicle, professional, and respectful atmosphere, travel.
Cons: contract work, with no guarantee of job security, personal danger in some situations in the field.
I enjoyed going to work, I would arrive, arrange my work materials, plan my day, and go out into the field, dealing directly with customers, in updating the Natural Gas metering equipment at their home, or business. There is very little I did not learn about natural gas appliances, and metering systems. The management was very hands-off, and were more like partners with similar goals, when they were involved. I made many good friends among the people I worked with. I faced many personal challenges, and found a level of satisfaction in my daily accomplishments. The team I worked with, and companies we did work for treated us with great respect and dignity, and were very supportive of our efforts.
hell no
Supervisor (Former Employee), North CarolinaApril 9, 2013
Pros: overtime.
Cons: grotesquely understaffed. you'll get overtime. then they'll chew for pulling overtime.
worst company I ever worked for. Just say no. I can't underscore this enough. I would not work for this company if they paid me a million dollars a year. Worst management ever. I know the economy is bad. If you have to take a job with these guys; I'm sorry to hear that you have the misfortune of being offered a job at UPA. Unbelievable that these guys are able to stay in business.
Can't be trusted
Meter technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2013
Pros: see alot of the us
Cons: can't name them all
Don't believe anything they say. They consider their employees an expendable commodity.
If you work cheap enough, you MIGHT work the entire year. If not, expect to get laid off EVERY year.
8 times out of 10 your check will be short, the insurance is expensive as well as terrible, Don't be surprised if you receive an eviction notice from where ever they put you up, for lack of payment. They will give you a raise(maybe, in 2 to 3 years) only to take it away in the next breath. Disorganization and lack of communication should be their motto. They discriminate against women and certain ethnic groups. They give you the lowest possible per dium.
If you do get paid a decent wage, it's only because the area is prevailing wage or it's union. If they can, they will give you minimum wage. You will work 60-80 hours a week and be paid for 40, and then told you need to work harder.
I've worked for UPA for 5 years and decided to quit. No sense in fighting a battle I can't ever win. If you have ANY choice, work elsewhere.
NO, NO, BY ANY MEANS NO !!!
Electric meter Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 31, 2013
Pros: see the country
Cons: everything else
This is the most unorganized company Ive ever worked for, absolutely no communication skills among higer ups, never give credit where it was due, treated the good workers like slaves, yet the slackers, braindead and idiots remained working. Sexist and ignorant management. The good people NEVER got the credit they deserved, especially the older element. Project Managers were mocked and treated unfairly. We loved our boss, very fair and good to us, but the company ruined that by demoting him. Wouldnt recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Good Luck
Data Manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2013
If you like to get screamed at by executive management, go for it. Unfortunately, this used to be a great company to work for but has been bought so many times it's impossible to know who is in charge of who anymore and there is one psychotic COO who is only interested in making sure everyone knows he's in charge, regardless of who he has to fire. I didn't get fired, but there sure is a list of people who have been. Of course, the majority of them had been around long enough to actually have decent benefits, meaning those that haven't been taken away in the last two years, such as 2 weeks sick time, 4 personal days, and 2 floating holidays being cut to 6 days of personal time for everything. Good luck if you so choose lol.

March 31, 2013

I know exactly how you feel.

bad place to work
project manager (Former Employee), HawaiiFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: tax right off for not giving you that much money to live off of on the road
Cons: healthcare is very bad management about themselves not for the workers who make the company money
I worked for utility partners of america for over 7 years which they let me go saying i was trying to harm a co-worker which was untrue since the co-worker is my wife?.the management staff is cut throat they will look you in your face and say they are your friends and then stab you in the back there is a lot of there employees leaving due too the high up management giving them so much problems and if they don't leave they are offering severance package's so they don't sue and if you don't take it they get mad. I loved my job but not the high up new management there i know all about them since i was a project manager there for over 3 years and a field supervisor for 2 and a installer so i,m not just saying things to say them because i had to go to court just to get my cell phone back which was my property and yes i won the court case also after they terminated me they told me i had to find my own way back home which was over 200 miles away if you do work for them just make sure you trust no body but yourself because there all about themselves

About Utility Partners of America

As a leading utility solutions provider, Utility Partners of America delivers an optimized solution—and compelling economics—for – Read more