Utility Partners of America Employee Reviews

water meter installment
Field Installer (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAAugust 11, 2017
I did not enjoy working for this company. the only thing that made working for this company ok was that the pay was 26.00 an hour. If there was unfavorable weather we didn't work and didn't get paid.
great job.good working with co-workers.
Installer Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKApril 14, 2017
They would let us inside the gate.Report to our work areas.Gave us a large gator-raid for the day.Grab all of gas meters,get them loaded inside of our trucks.Collect our paperwork for our daily jobs.
Pros
good place to work.They gave us a company van .
Cons
short lunches.Hot weather in the summers.
good company to work for
OUC Contractor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2017
grate company to work for. manamgent one of the besti ever worked for only problem is that you have to go where the work is..
you have to be welling to travel.
Great Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 23, 2017
This company has wonderful leaders, and Owners. I can't not being to describe the great environment that they provide for a daily shift. It's not even like work!
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 9, 2017
this is a good company , down to earth and understanding owner , comfortable environment , laid back dress code , helpful , dependable , I enjoyed working there
Pros
everything
work all over SA
Field Technician/ Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 24, 2017
bad routes , do the job anyway, always fussing at you, they like to put customers complaints on you, never is the tech right, rarely do the techs get a good route
Pros
always moving around
Cons
always in a hurry
Good work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 18, 2017
I was in charge of stocking a fleet of trucks for the employees so that they can start their day. I will pull out an inventory list of products that needed to be stocked. I learned to come up with different strategies and ideas that can make our job more efficient. As a lead manager I had to deal with different personalities but never the less I was able to get across to them what needed to get done. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet deadlines which makes the company more successful.
Pros
Being able to complete the tasks which were given.
Cons
Being able to multitask when I was short staffed
No room to promote
Logistics / document control specialist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Decent company to work for. Fun co workers. Job tends to be a little bit boring at times. The biggest problem with the company is there is no room to move up unless someone quits or retires. They promise you raises but fail to follow through with them, time after time. They laid off two employees who worked extremely hard for the company and honestly didn't deserve it. Management is good for the most part. Starting pay is decent but like earlier states no raises or room to grow.
Pros
easy, laid back work, not much overtime, plenty of tiem for the family
Cons
No raises, no promotions, possibility to be fired without warning or logical reason
Poor management with high turnover
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAFebruary 9, 2017
Management was not selected by performance or leadership. You had to know someone to move up the ladder. Poor pay for bad weather conditions. Sub contractor with high turnover due to low wage and job conditions
Good people
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 18, 2016
Great company. Grueling outdoor work in all conditions but the management was great and the training provided was top notch.
They will just use you
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 23, 2016
Great company, if you like carnivals. Job was great but they just spit you out when they are done.
I finished one city and was supposed to start next. NEVER HAPPENED... NOT EVEN A PH CALL
Pros
Freedom, outdoors, no stress
Cons
Wont get rich
Outstanding
Filed Operations Manager Water- Implementing AMI (Current Employee) –  Westminster, SCJuly 18, 2016
Have hay the the privilege to work for many Utility Companies thru out the United States and learned many Management and Supervising skills in different locations and regulations.
Great Company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greeviille, SCJuly 18, 2016
Utility Partners of America is a great company to work for. I have worked here over 3 years and have enjoyed it. The staff is friendly and reasonable.
Simple job but not a lot of job security
Driver, Warehouse Technician, Warehouse Night Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 27, 2016
Work as a team and get jobs done but job security always unsure because it's a contract with Southern California Gas and is ending soon.
Great Place to work
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90045March 8, 2016
Great Company to work for I wish the job was a permanent. Management was always there when you need them. I learned a lot of thing that can take to a new company.
Pros
Got to travel
Cons
No Cons
difficult to work for the company long term
Warehouse Manager, Day Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Pay is decent but the personnel growth potential is not there and the advancement in the company is almost non existent. The hours are decent, the direct managers are very knowledgeable and easy to work with.
Productive and Welcoming Environment
Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Heights, OHDecember 9, 2015
Overall working for Clear Water Reads was great. On a day to day basis i would drive the company truck provided to me to go to houses and change their water meters. The warehouse was well put together and would have in stock everything that was needed to complete the job and more. I not only got to travel to places that i have never been but also had the pleasure of meeting some very nice people. Hardest part about the job was dealing with the elements as i had to not only drive but also work in pretty much any condition rain sleet and snow. The most enjoyable part by far was meeting new people, hearing their stories, and seeing how others live their life.
Pros
No Micromanagement
Cons
Dealing with the weather
Was a good company till new managment
Day Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  californiaJuly 13, 2015
UPA out of california was ruined once management changed. good luck with job advancement when most employees of them are related to a manger.
Pros
none..
Cons
managent hires family first
great job
serv. tech (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 6, 2015
I upgraded all the gas meters in Billings so they could be read by laptop by driving down the street. Also upgraded electrical meters
Pros
Great team of trainers
Cons
Travel after Billings was done
it was a quick working and focus enviroment
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 28, 2015
the job was very hands on from beginning to end a lot of labor work, I had to drive to appointments about 13 to 16 jobs a day an a 8 hour day not enough but it needed to b done average person can do that plus driving time its 8 to 10. a lot of paper work required and must b completed correctly. changing water meter seem simple but it needs to b read correctly if the information is not enter correctly customers water bill would b inaccurate and it would cause a lot of bad amount statements. I work alone only help I had if needed call supervisor on the floor. most difficult part of the job was the driving time they are never close usually 20 to 40 min away. I enjoy meeting people and educate them on what I did and how does it work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utility Partners of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6