Utility Employee Reviews

Nice place to work and it was challenging,
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IANovember 2, 2016
Immediate supervisor made working t this place difficult at times. I loved the actual job but I was micromanaged a lot. The job was an awesome job that required multi tasking and I needed to make quick decisions.
Pros
PTO structure. Most of the other staff were awesome to work with.
Place to work if you like flexible hours and shifts
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 24, 2016
Cold, humid working conditions, long hours of repetitive tasks, definitely not for everyone, The sheer repetition of the tasks as a line-worker is grueling, Would get stuck on onions for days on end in the cold and wet, the line placement was terrible, the staff in charge of placement would put me (a 6 foot tall man) on a raised "cat-walk" style platform so I was working almost completely bent-over for hours, I got a severe cold working there, and could not afford to put myself hundreds of dollars in debt to obtain a doctors note over the flu, in order to be able to return to work... Overall, I'd say the place is a safe place to work, the bathrooms were clean, but the staff-leads are impertinent, lazy, show favoritism, and from SOME discrimination that borders racism (against white people).

Steady employment is a blessing in itself, but I would not recommend this position to a person with other options.
Pros
Running 24 hours, can work swing or grave shift if it suits your time-needs.
Cons
If you're not accustomed to work of this very nature, it can be a quite unpleasant experience.
working in supplu department
Assistant Store Keeper (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 2, 2016
i work on different classes of supply ships moving and fuel and cargo which we deliver where on the water. we deliver good cargo and other things to ship all around the world . we go in to port in different countries to pick up cargo and deliver them out on the water.
The job is laid back.
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 17, 2016
The workday is the same in most cases. My co workers were fine. The management was fair. The hardest part of this job was speed in completing the job. The most enjoyable part was flexible hours.
service
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 7, 2016
serviced a variety of hydraulic systems. removed and replaced power take off units, as well as troubleshooted system failure.
great people to work with
utilty (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 17, 2016
A typical day would consist of driving up to 200 miles a day. Stuck in the smallest car possible with a drive camera. They really know how to treat people.
Relaxing but something different
Case Picker (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJuly 14, 2016
Overall working with this company was a great experience, everybody in our department got along and we worked with one another when necessary.
Pros
Great work enviroment
not great
CUSTODIAN (Current Employee) –  Lake, MIJuly 14, 2016
fast paced, alot of work with several areas to report to. Hard to try to balance workload while maintaining the set schedule and handle emergencies as they occur.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
part time
hard work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VAJuly 8, 2016
I would love to come to work and smell the wood and know that I could advance in the company. I would learn something everyday and use at home, especially the safety procedures. The most enjoyable part about the job was the pay and the supervisors that were willing to teach and train.
Pros
paycheck, long lunches
Cons
dangerous environment
fun
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJuly 7, 2016
life changing event and it's was a great experience for me. i wish i could do it all over again. it was short period in my life.
dedication
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 6, 2016
hard working dedicated and willing to learn and do what is needed to advance in career. family orientated and a really fast learner.
Pros
hard working and dedicated
Cons
talk to much
Enjoyable job
Operator, Intrepid Mining LLC (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 5, 2016
This was an enjoyable job, no stress. You provide maintenance around the plant and you go home. No huge problems to deal with. Home by 3 and weekends off.
Pros
No stress, weekends off
Cons
30 minute commute to worksite
Great pay. Long hours.
Shift laborer (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAMay 31, 2016
Great pay. Long hours. Working in a paper mill can be good or very bad depending on the department you are in and which company you work for. But in the end, its usually worth the headache because the pay and benefits are good.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Long hours and excessive OT at times
fulfilling
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
I buff floor, vacuum carpet, remove trash, and dust tables. I am given a certain part of the office to maintain. The people I have for my assignment appreciate me.
Pros
security
Cons
contractual
HazeKamp Meats
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MI 49442March 24, 2016
The day typically started at 7 AM producing meat for retail. Typically a 8 hour day, employees had primary stations (pork, beef, value ad, etc;). Depending on company needs, employees may move around.
Pros
Job Security, Friendly environment, owner
Cons
Management, little room to grow
Good Place, Good money
Utility (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 4, 2016
Fun place to work, even though one cannot live off the hours. Great staff, easy to get along with. Simple job, with minor hard work.
nice fast paced no advancments
Cook/dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 2, 2016
I worked 8 to 10 hours shift I learned all areas management is not good with employees coworkers where not team players the hardest was long lines short in staff I love working
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long breaks
working to the best of my ability
Volunteer Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21212February 27, 2016
I have been working in the Food Service Industry for the past 35 years. My main concern is to arrive early for work with a good and promising work ethnic. The second main objective is the serving, the quality, and the safe handling and practices of Food to the utmost quality and appeal. I am flexible and willing to work in all food service stations, utility, and food preparation when and if I am needed. I am willing to work short staffed and during inclement weather. One of my best qualities is following directions, being alert to last minute changes in the agenda, and assisting other without question- but following the changes according to plans.
I am there to work and to ensure that I follow the instructions of Management and no job is too hard. All aspects of working is the enjoyable part of my job because I am there to assist to the best of my abilities, to help others, and to please the customers and other clientele.
Pros
following directions and assisting others
Cons
there are none
Was a valuable learning experience
Industrial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYFebruary 17, 2016
I did janitorial work for a machine company producing large gearbox drive parts. I worked on cleaning the floors, their large and small milling machines and some painting duties. It was amazing what work they did.
Love the place
Builder/assmebly (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARFebruary 4, 2016
A great place to work at, would have probably still been there but was laid off.
I was a builder in side walls, a lot of heavy lifting which not sure if I could still do the lifting. loved the people. The supervision was great.
Total review it was awesome
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
hard work for a woman

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Utility. Our community is ready to answer.