Utility Employee Reviews

Suiza Dairy, co
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoOctober 19, 2017
My position is utility, working in the cargo area of small trucks, preparing orders and keeping clean areas for better labor management and accident prevention.
Fast Paced and Long hours, but competitive pay and good management
Utility (Former Employee) –  A2- Cloverdale CAOctober 18, 2017
Learned a lot while working at this job. The fast paced, labor intensive atmosphere made the days fly by.

Company recently underwent a restructuring, with significant changes in management and environment.
Lots of customers, deadlines, very political
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Knightstown, IN 46148September 29, 2017
Enjoyed customers, day to day job was great, very busy . The worse part of the job was the politics that were involved. Utilities should never be associated with the practice of politics but that's what is involved when you work for a municipality.
Pros
Holiday pay, vacation, sick time, personnal time, insurance
Cons
People I had to deal with
Certified Package Maker Operator (Former Employee) –  Gurdon, ARSeptember 5, 2017
I enjoyed doing this work. I got all the over time I wanted and they provided a lot of benefits. They even had 50 % 401k match, which was a major factor.
It was great
Utility Worker/Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee) –  reagan national airportSeptember 3, 2017
I have gained plenty of work experience from them . For that being my first official job I loved it. Until management started getting lazy, and stopped doing manager things
Unstable
Utility (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, TNAugust 30, 2017
This company issued a lay-off / RoF, 3 weeks after hiring employees. Disgraceful. This is just one of the many questionable issue this company has. Do not work here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
To many to list
Not bad
Porter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2017
Just build to find better. A little organizing would not hurt. Better supplies would help upgrade the property and the position as a whole. Team concepts would help improve.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Lunch
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, TNAugust 16, 2017
Ok place to work. Management could use some personal skills training. Work environment is hot but bareable, can make good money. Would recommend to apply there.
Fun to place to work.
Dishwasher, SODEXO, MAGIC (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 31, 2017
Greeting customers and customer service has always came natural to me. This was the perfect opportunity for me to perfect my skills and just meet new people.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
people quitting
Fun and Friendly
Lead) Whirlpool (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 29, 2017
Clock in go to your assigned area and begin work after relieving the person on the line. Repetitive work on a assembly line. Management was always on duty but hard to get in touch with. I learned how to use a forklift, torch weld copper tubes, repair refrigerator components, and quality checks of sealed systems or compressor units. Hardest part of my job was the hot building. Most enjoyable part was friendly associates and family time was manageable.
Pros
Competitive pay and friendly associates
Cons
Hot building and management
The restaurant that has been my home since it opened.
Cook on line (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2017
Working at The Sinking Ship is challenging and fast paced, but extremely rewarding. The interpersonal relationships that I've grown there are some of the best in my life.
A day at The Olive Garden
Dish Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAJune 28, 2017
Generally, it takes 3-4 employees to do what I can do alone. The management, in my opinion, are not diligent enough when it comes to dealing with their poor performance, attendance and the excuses that comes with it all.
dutch
Barista (Current Employee) –  Centralia, WAJune 2, 2017
The workplace is amazing, nothing will go by faster in your life than a busy shift! managers are sweet as can be, just really hard to get scheduled, if you don't fit in right it doesn't help.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no breaks
Did the dirty work, but the pay was enough to compensate.
Utility (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHMay 30, 2017
Did the dirty work, but the pay was enough to compensate. Often times I would be sweating profusely in the small kitchen, but time flew by and the work was not difficult.
Helpful and productive
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Portland, OR 97218May 12, 2017
when other co-workers fail to get their job done, it bothers me because I have to acknowledge in order to help them which is ok with me but then I fall behind on the work i need to do for myself. but from what I learned from management is that you can't always do everything for others, so we need to learn how to delegate other chores and responsibilities so that we can stay focused on one task and my co-workers and I over the years have been able to do just that. my most enjoyable part of the job is we are able to communicate with each other, work together as well as independently with each other, we always know how to smile even through tough times, plus we are always organized and on top of things, obstacles, and challenges all because it makes for a very good day.
Pros
good benefits, cool resources we can used, competitives pay raises annually
Cons
short lunch breaks, terrible management, worst organization of tasks to do on a daily basis, rules that are unfair and difficult to follow due to not understanding what they mean
Fast paced productive company, enjoyable coworkers and staff.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Klingerstown, PAMay 8, 2017
This company has been my employer for two solid years ,with time off in between, Co workers develop great team building skills and my department and team were a close- knit group , we were a work "family". Politics, money saving strategies and inconsistency involving seniority , hinders job security.
Pros
Team work and recognition
Cons
forced shift changes, lack of communication and being specific.
good place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46219May 6, 2017
thoroughly enjoyed my work at zelmas got along with everyone was treated like family enjoyed the repeat customers was able to work some OT if available
Pros
free lunches
Cons
was only part time
Positive Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMay 5, 2017
Always fun, reassuring managers, determined co workers. The men and women of planet fitness parkersburg are always committed to their customers and their first priority is teaching children new skills they will need in their future sporting careers.
productive
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Purdy, ALApril 26, 2017
the topical work day at sombery was very busy. Thought out the day there was always something to be done. The position I worked did not offer much in the way of gaining experience but time when we were swamped in the kitchen i received the opportunity to help prep food for the evening services. The hardest part of the job was just the sheer amount of work to be completed there was hardly time to take a brake. The enjoyable part was the friendly environment and coworkers.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
low pay
Hartsfield jackson Airport (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2017
Great company to work with. Suggest they hire more people in age due to the turn over rate of the employment. Other than that it's a good company to start with
Pros
Free luncg
Cons
Don't too much care for team