UTMB Health Employee Reviews in United States

work did not match job description
Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXNovember 24, 2015
job description was 14 years old...the work required did not match, plus was asked to assume risk of daily errands without reimbursement; Microsoft version/computer software more than 10 years old; other programs used for all operations extremely antiquated (there were 10 clicks for per every step); caters to uninsured/undocumented - does not know how to serve insured; high patient wait times and no tools on how to decrease; basic templates not established to help work flow and clinics succeed and major political/territorial surrounded such areas; never knew who to trust; huge carbon footprint, waste of paper and resources mount high!! huge deflation was learning of animal testing on primates and reading company email from Univ President trying to justify. need to catch up with the times; go green/paperless and upgrade systems.
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
job culture; management; wasteful with resources
unique population
Student Health (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXOctober 19, 2015
A unique blend of patients from the Galveston and surrounding areas. Beautiful campus on Galveston Island with a new facility in league city.
great place to work
Admitting Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 18, 2015
utmb is a wonderful place to work with great opportunities and chance for advancement. great communication and teamwork
growing company
CCA (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2015
I have enjoyed my time with UTMB. I enjoy the people I work with. I have been allowed to continue my education. I have been able to cross train as a dental assistant, transcribe as well as given the opportunity to be a certified phlebotomist.
Pros
the people
Cons
no ability to grow
Productive and goal oriented
Administrative/Financial & Gift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXFebruary 20, 2015
Providing efficient data entry, detailed financial reports, preparing error free cash deposits over $100K.
Great rapport with campus colleagues and constituents.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
advancement