UTMB

UTMB Employer Reviews

Team work mentality, safe and respectable
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Galveston, texasJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: team work mentality, abundant resources, approachable management
Cons: parking
I came in a naive student and left an experienced, safe, productive healthcare professional. The nurses, physicians and managers are wonderful, respectful and approachable. I've never had a negative experience and I enjoyed my time there.
Hard job/very uncomfortable
Medication Aide (Former Employee), Gatesville, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: very hard on the body
Administer medication in each building daily to offenders cell side, working as a team was very nice, the supervisor was very good, the only part that was hard was to be humiliated by offenders daily, going up several flights of stairs allay long , and having to endure the weather outside, and inside the building, and my daily commute became very dangerous for me.
great experience
Operating Room Aide (Former Employee), Galveston, TXJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: got to be one on one with patients
Cons: had to leave because of moving
I learned how to program procedures in the computer data base
filing
Filing Clerk (Former Employee), Galveston, TXDecember 29, 2014
keep records of medical material, using logbooks or computers.
Stressful job environment
Clerk II (Former Employee), Galveston, TXDecember 19, 2014
filed away medical records for 8 hours a day. Not everyone was a team player on our shift, made it hard for us to get our jobs done completely. overall it paid my bills
Great Environment
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: own office, great work, great people
Cons: no cons
A typical day at work consisted of receiving patients and collecting their blood specimens. Some days were slow and some days were busy but nonetheless a good pace of work. I learned how to perfect my venipuncture skills and my communication skills with patients. I had very friendly and helpful coworkers in my time at UTMB. My supervisor was very friendly and helpful as well; always a call away when i needed help with something. The hardest part of the job i would have to say was when i first began and had to get over my nerves of collecting blood samples from patients. The labeling of the specimens was not that difficult, very easy process. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the satisfaction and recognition of my patients when collecting the blood samples. I fortunately received positive feedback from many of my patients.
Decent Job
Phlebotomist II, Lab Technician (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: working in a prison
Working in the confines of a maximum security prison. Early hours and fast paced environment. Overall good job, Pay is Ok, but the benefits make up for it. The management is Ok. The most enjoyable part of the job is my coworkers and patient contact.
team work
Organizing Member of Steering Committee (Former Employee), Galveston, TXNovember 16, 2014
Pros: free snacks
Cons: specific time
We used to have weekly meeting and planning. we all members used to have Brainstorming for workshop. that help us to be in creative zone. what we can do bet in our workshop was the fun part. Putting all ideas together sometime a challenge, however, we were able to diffuse situations by diverting topics.
Good working hours and wonderful dentist
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits and retirement package
Cons: low paying salary and no advancement
Open clinic by counting instruments (clinic in a prison)

Seat patient, take BP, documentation of health history, take
x-rays, assist dentist with procedures, sterilize instruments and operatory.

I am opened minded so I learn something new almost every day.

Work well with co-workers. Always assist co-workers to make their day easier.

The hardest part of the job is constantly being security minded in a prison setting.

The enjoyable part of my job is practicing dentistry. I love the feeling of satisfaction when I know that I have participated in the patients positive experience of their dental appointment.
Great Place to work
Sr. Online Training Specialist (Current Employee), Galveston, TxNovember 7, 2014
Peoplesoft ELM Administrator. I have learned alot about Oracle/Peoplesoft ELM and it functions. The hardest part of this position is being the sole person in my department to handle all issues and I cant really enjoy vacation because no one backs me up. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping users with their issues and a few of my co-workers.
Great if you live in Galveston
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Galveston, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Pay is low for the service Surgical Technologist provide.BUT Overtime and plenty of work available! Once the Techs get compensated it will be worth it!
I like working for this company because you will have a chance of advancement.
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee), Galveston, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Atypical day at work is when I get a chance to learn new things.
I learn how to get alone with everyone and most of all, be a team leader.
What I like about co-works is when I get a chance to combine my ideas with theirs.
Its nothing hard about a job. Is how you handle yourself with the position you were hired for.
The most enjoyable part of a job is when I can create new ideas
that will help the company if given a chance to prove myself.
I enjoyed the people I worked with
Patient Care tech II (Former Employee), Galveston, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: i got sick
I enjoyed my co-worker and my inmates that I took care of, Unfortunately I got sick and had to leave after several month, but I would defiantly go back to this job
Correctional Nursing UTMB
ANP Correctional Medicine (Current Employee), Gatesville, Hobby TXAugust 31, 2014
UTMB is a good company however correctional management is not for everyone. It is a very challenging job dealing with complex individuals 20-25 patients with various medical problems. many patients are requesting restrictions to get them out of the jobs they are doing because they do not want to work. many want referrals for special boots because they have foot problems related to previous injuries before incarceration. Some complaints are legitimate many are not. Management of patient with HTN, psorasis, angina, drug related HTN, seasonal allergies, hip, knee and joint pain, dermatitis, diabetes, self inflicted wounds. I learned how to say no to the inmates. A typical day at work is busy there is never any down-time, 1-60's need to be completed, patients seen, chain ins from other facilities, documentation, referraals completed, chart reviews, reveiw emails from lab, staff and pharmacy. Hardest part of the job is time management and learning all the guidelines that are unique about the system. The nursing staff that I worked with for the most part were good and I enjoyed the core group of Practitioners and physicians. I worked at two units the last one was a filthy rat and roach infested medical building.There were flies all over the place and the warden did not allow the medical department to have hot water to wash their hands.
UTMB
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2014
I enjoyed my job with UTMB. I mastered the venipuncture techinques, I was able to work with minimal supervision. My supervisor was always able to reach whenever I had a question or concerns.
Loved working here! Unfortunately had to move.
XR, CT Technologist (Former Employee), Galveston, TXAugust 17, 2014
Pros: job fulfillment.
Cons: very busy.
This was my favorite overall. I like being busy, and I felt like I really made a difference helping patients.
UTMB is a fun place to work. My job is very rewarding.
Child Care Specialist (Current Employee), Pearland, TXAugust 10, 2014
I go in and invite parents to leave their children in the Ronald McDonald CHEER! room while they visit their provider. Typically, I teach the children health lessons in English or Spanish depending on the child's language. Afterwards, the children can play freely around the room. I can't really think of any thing hard about my job. The parents and children are both appreciative of my services. My co-workers are very nice and helpful. It is a wonderful feeling to know that you are helping families.
Slow work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), dickinson, texasJuly 30, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: healthcare
We had busy days and slow days. The hardest part of the job was never knowing what kind of mood management was going to b in. If she was in a bad mood it was very uncomfortable to work with her. As this was a very small office.
Great for long term goals and work experience
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Galveston, TXJuly 23, 2014
Cons: parking
It is a great place to learn about diversity. You are able to move throughout the company. The benefits are exceptional. What I learned from my positions in the past made me well equipped for any subsequent jobs, including any I may get using this job search website.
Great Benefits
Practice Manager Dawson state Jail (Former Employee), Galveston, TXJuly 13, 2014
I worked in the correctional part which is much different than working on the campus it self. Great experience!

1 2 3 4