Uvalde Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Wonderful company to work for
Medical Receptionist/Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Uvalde, TXJuly 17, 2017
Uvalde Memorial Hospital is a great place to work. They provide great benefits and really good pay. I am very happy with my employment at UMH. The only reason that I am leaving is that my family has relocated and I must go with them.
Fun Paced Work
Lab Courier (Current Employee) –  Uvalde, TXJune 8, 2017
Typical day get called at random times and pick up labs around the town or drive to different cities. Easy and not so stressful. You drive and pick up and do it all over again.
Great Staffing Ratios
Charge Nurse, RN-IV (Current Employee) –  Uvalde, TXMay 12, 2017
Excellent work environment with great staffing ratios, opportunities to advance and opportunities for overtime. Management is very supportive and open to listening to concerns.
Pros
great healthcare benefits
Great health benefits, terrible management
Outpatient Coder (Current Employee) –  Uvalde, TXApril 11, 2017
The best thing about UMH is the health benefits, hands down the best I've ever seen. But there's not any room to advance your career. Management is very political and only their ideas matter.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Fun and productive
Admissions Clerk (Current Employee) –  Uvalde, TXApril 13, 2016
The best part about going to work is helping people and having my coworkers make the day enjoyable. Fast paced work makes the day go by fast. My coworkers really work as a team.
needed a job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXAugust 19, 2015
i needed a job and that was the only thing that was hiring didnt like the experience not something that interested me. i had to clean the section that was assigned to me and it was alot too much for my liking . they expected to much and it was pretty unfair there
Pros
schedule was flexible
Cons
wasnt intersted
great working enviroment
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Uvalde, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Consults with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals for changes in patient's status and works as part of the team to manage the patients plan of care.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
n/a
Great Job Culture
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXJanuary 1, 2015
Excellent group of people who really care about their patients and their facility. Management is understanding and supportive.
Pros
Great work/life balance
Productive and Educational
Admission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXOctober 15, 2014
*Emergency Room is always very interesting I loved working the graveyard shift.
*Everyone was very understandable and loving
Productive and good environment
L.V.N. Patient Educator (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXSeptember 19, 2014
A typical day at work would be assessing patients and meeting their needs to recovery. Patients want to learn how to take better care of themselves. Management is fair. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job is the residents turn over. The most enjoyable part of the job is engaging with people and providing positive environment.
Pros
health benefits and continuing education
Cons
short breaks
good environment to work at.
Sanitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Good place to work, everyone is friendly, administration and HR is always very helpful with the employees and always look out for the best for them.
admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXSeptember 8, 2014
I learned a tremendous amount of information when it comes to the admissions side of the hospital. I also worked directly with the ER and had some invaluable experiences.
Pros
Great benefits
Surgical Tech Position
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXJanuary 23, 2013
Good place to work. Very small. Co-workers were fun to work with. No room for advancement, but I made the best of it.
Pros
good quality care
Cons
required to stay on site to pull call hours
I believe in treating everyone with respect.
Environmental Services Director (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXJune 5, 2012
My typical day at work was preparing for meetings on Mondays, Tuesdays, making sure all schedules were ready for all employees. I would prepare a weekly budget and explain to staff all we could only spend on products. One thing I learned about management was you have to treat everyone with respect. I am and always will be a peoples person I believe that everyone has a opportunity to improve so I would work with those whom wanted to advance to get there education and would work with there schedules. The hardiest part of my job was making sure everyone understood the importantance of a hospital germ free environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I could make a difference in there lifes by working with them to get better educated.
Pros
i would give, all the mothers, on mothers day off. i would give, all fathers, in fathers day off. we would do parties, for christmas and thanksgiving.
Cons
i did not like my staff to be belittle. i believed in treating everyone the same.