UW Credit Union Employee Reviews

Good work life balance and fair pay
ATM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 16, 2017
Embraces a good work life balance culture. Pay is competitive and fair for the area. Insurance offerings are comprehensive and similar to other employers in the area.
productive and fun work place
Contact Center Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2017
I learned alot working at UW Credit union. The way they resepect people, aswell as looking at problems in a different prospective to solve problems is like no other company I've ever worked for.
Member Service rep
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 16, 2016
Teller Transactions
Member Service
Team Work

I enjoyed my co workers and the fun environment we brought to work.
There was always room to grow in the company and UW Credit union was always trying to better there employees
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
N/a
Great Company Values
Bilingual Teller (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 9, 2016
This organization truly puts the member's best interest first. Upper management is a bit detached from the actual branches but then come in and put pressure on branch management without knowledge of actual branch demographics. Other than that, I feel that it is a pretty good place to work.
Eh.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 30, 2016
The company is cultish, you must be drinking the UWCU kool-aid to fit in, advancement is almost impossible, tellers have too much on their plates.. medical insurance sucks, but dental and vision is good
Pros
dental and vision converage
Cons
lack of opportunity to grow
Management in the making
TELLER (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 26, 2015
I have had a great experience in building myself up into a entry level management position. The credit union has given me many opportunities to advance myself; scheduling the staff, handling new training employee sessions, managing the money for the vaults including shipments and audits.

The staff sees me as a teller supervisor to handle any questions or concerns.

The only downfall is work life balance, I take on all the task to operate the branch in a smooth transition. Even on the weekends it can be stressful help out other branches because the function differently.
Pros
Variable Rewards
Cons
overload of weekend hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UW Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9