UW Medical Foundation Employee Reviews in United States

Growing experience
CPR Program Coordinator-Clinical Staff Education (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WIJanuary 2, 2016
Very professional atmosphere with room for individual personality. A great amount of work done individually but team work is successful for large projects. Management is present as a guide. Co-workers rely upon mutual respect. Hardest part about the job is that there is a transition happening and the position is changing. Most enjoyable was the ability to set own schedule in order to meet hourly requirements.
Poor Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 16, 2016
I worked as a registered nurse in a clinic. There were many staffing issues which were a result of poor planning of management. Nurses who worked in understaffed clinic sessions were scapegoated when things did not run smoothly. Requests for necessary training around denied, or staffing limitations did not allow for time to participate. Poor management resulted in unfair, stressful conditions.
Pros
I had many hard working, caring co-workers.
Cons
Low morale and high turnover while I was there.
Great Company to work for
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIMay 4, 2016
I have no complaints overall of UW for work. They are a great facility to work for. Lots of chances for advancement. Management within the department I was in wasn't the best. They weren't always available, and they set strict standards for working in their department. I didn't feel valued.
Pros
company is amazing
Cons
management isn't the greatest
UW Medical Foundation is an affiliate of UW Hospitals a leading Research institute and level 1 trauma center.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 14, 2015
Provided safe patient care intra-operatively and Post-op anesthesia cares to the surgical patient in an outpatient setting. Policies and procedures related to AAAASF and CMS accrediation. My management team was not all medical personal and managers brought a business aspect to the practice. The most challenging part of the job was to maintain cohesiveness between a hospital, clinic and maintain policies and procedures accordingly. My most enjoyable part of the job was be awarded UW Medical Foundation's Star Award for outstanding patient care. A rewarding letter or two of genuine gratefulness from patients who had been diagnosed with Cancer or grave illnesses, and being told that I helped cheer them up and aided in a speedy recovery.
Pros
Worked closely with Physicians, a family oriented environment that recognized employees often. Staff Workout areas provided
Cons
Was not offered the same benefit package as the UW Hospital and Clinics were offered.
Clinical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 2, 2014
Good management, good people, decent benefits and pay, balanced hours.
Pros
good management, good people, nice benefits, work life balance is good
Cons
pay
Good and bad
Midlevel (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 24, 2013
A large, complex entity with affiliations with two other entities creates a challenging, fast-pasted work environment.
Pros
security, challenging, great benefits
Cons
management and leadership is lacking, below benchmark pay
Great place to work, friendly and caring people.
Internal Courier (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WisconsinMarch 3, 2012
Loved working there. Good benefits and competitive pay. They allowed me to do my job without constantly looking over my shoulder. It made me fee good they had so much faith in me and trusted my judgment.
Okay, but not Ideal.
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIOctober 9, 2013
If you've ever worked in the medical field you'll know that there's not just a "typical" day at work. It changes depending on the number of patients being seen, day of week, etc. I learned so much from UWMF and not only in the clinical setting but as well as the courses/classes they offered to their employees. The management staff was not ideal and I don't recommend them to anyone. As for the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work with the patients on a daily basis and the interaction as well as being able to help them out in any way that I could.
Good loving community
Patient Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 4, 2014
The community that the team and department carries is one that makes it very easy to love the people you work with. They are all caring and help you ease in.

A typical day usually consists of a lot of mail and working with the Medication Assistance Program. There is a lot of patient and clinic contact through the phone. The hardest part of the job is the ever changing field of health care.

The most enjoyable is definitely the people that I work with.
Very stressful enviroment
LPN (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WINovember 20, 2014
Manager played alot of favoritism,I loved working with the patients but some of the staff members were not team focused which made for a stressful environment
Too much work
Medical coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 1, 2014
Management is unbending, doesn't listen to both sides of a story, jumps to conclusions and plays favorites
Self Indulgent, pompas.....
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Madison WISeptember 21, 2012
They claim to care about their employees, they dont. They also claimed to promote within but every job I saw posted was filled by someone external.
Cons
micro manage