UWorld Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Better than a lot of other companies.
Content Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 14, 2017
PROS: UWorld pays well, doesn't have over-the-top expectations and has a good CEO. Work-life balance is awesome - in my department, and people are generally nice.

CONS: Problems at UWorld can often go unaddressed for years. Low performers sometimes take advantage of the CEO's good heart. Job roles aren't clearly defined, and managers often seem uninformed, responding to questions with a shoulder shrug.
Productive, fun workplace where well educated people are making a difference to help students succeed.
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 31, 2017
This is the best job I have ever had. I work with a lot of smart people who really care about others. On a typical day, I write content and do reviews of other people's work. Occasionally I author blog posts.

I have learned to accept criticism and to learn from others' comments so that I can improve on my work.

Management is very supportive and caring. The workplace culture is excellent - very friendly and fun. I joke around a lot but still am very productive.

The hardest part of the job is the long commute for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is the writing and the socializing with co-workers.

I plan to work here until I retire. I would recommend working at this company for anybody who is qualified for any of the available positions.
Pros
Unlimited coffee and snacks, community service projects, parking and gym are covered, flexible work hours, fun, social events like game nights, employee mixers, Christmas party, theme lunches, birthday recognition with cake each month
Cons
Long commute for me
If you are talented - stay away - the talentless run the company and are very jealous and defensive about their inadequacies
Content Writer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 13, 2017
I saw nothing but talent get yelled at for false and non-existent reasons. The talented quit or get publicly shamed. Those that are not qualified for the job are extremely defensive and jealous and on the attack from day 1. The talentless have one talent - creating illusions and diverting attention away from themselves and even making others look responsible for their own weaknesses.

If you are a talented academic - you make the talentless look bad... they will notice and be on the defensive. They know they won't be able to get a job somewhere else - so they are extremely defensive - and will do whatever it takes for them to keep their jobs - which means making everyone else but them look bad. It takes an intelligent manager to be able to recognize talent and defensiveness - and unfortunately - the manager probably never read a book on his own in his life - completely not qualified to recognize academic talent ...he just reacts to the jealousy and defensiveness.

In normal companies, upper management would care that the incompetent are running off the talent...but not is this company. Upper management is so willfully ignorant that you can't help but ask yourself what is really going on.

The incompetency is so rampant that it makes the business look like it's a cover for some less obvious (and less legal) operation. There is a believable illusion of a legitimate education business, smooth talking managers that never took academics seriously-(manager kept pretending to understand difficult questions to hide how much he doesn't know). His face would turn red
  more... every time you asked him a question out of embarrassment of misunderstanding. He was incapable of admitting how little he knew academically....With so much talent out there, I don't know how someone who is poor in academics got the job. Managers are so defensive about their inability to understand academics that it looks very suspicious.

Also, they pulled down 1 negative review (that was on the mark) within the last few months. I don't think it was the ex-employee that took it down.

Awkward, artificial, uncomfortable environment - like certain, select employees are hiding something big from you - such as the true nature of the business or under-the-table deals. Managers repeatedly lie and irrationally lash-out for incoherent reasons that they can't explain because they would rather make a lower level employees look bad than reveal that they can't understand the question.

Putting people who hate academics in managerial positions - smooth talkers that seem more gifted in illegal street sales than core academics - looks very suspicious. Certain repeated behaviors strongly suggest that some employees are strategically placed for tasks and business operations that are definitely NOT in their job descriptions and off the books.
Pros
few, paycheck, benefits, for a short time you'll work with talented people
Cons
everything, stay away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

UWorld Reviews by Location