V-Tech Solutions Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Do not do it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 25, 2017
First off they do not even give you a interview they go off of an online application in which people lie their tails off to get the job. For those who are highly qualified and shows the interest in the job itself, do not bother. There is no job security at this location. The managers don't know anything. They showed favoritism and they will lie in a heartbeat because a lie is nothing for anyone to tell at this job!
Pros
Pay without Insurance is $14.14
Cons
Pay with insurance is $10.33, Get fired for anything!!!
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 10, 2016
I loved this job. I got a promotion within two months of being there. I learned a lot working with DCPS Transportation and I also met a great amount of good people.
Started off with good incentive, but not anymore
Agent (Current Employee) –  El PasoAugust 28, 2014
When I interviewed for this position, I was told it would be part-time work and would have to earn a full-time status. The offered pay was over $13.00 an hour. That was incentive enough because most call centers pay poorly. Well, that has changed.

Not even two full months into the job, the employees were told we were being given insurance (which is good if you need it), but it meant losing our pay. Now, you are expected to meet the same standards as other employees who work for other agencies that make more than you do for the same work. And the part-time work? Not since day one. You may be a part-time contract employee, but you are working a full-time schedule.

The job job description indicates "The candidate will be required to answer general and technical questions from end-users regarding navigation of government websites in a leveraged environment supporting multiple accounts." That is not quite accurate. You are taking calls from people regarding immigration issues--the entire shift. Some problems are easier to solve than others. This can be challenging most of the time. And you must adhere to script.

A bonus is that you get paid holidays. That's awesome...until you get your schedule and discover you are working ten hour shifts either before or after the holiday. Getting government clearance can apparently take a very long time also. I've worked at other jobs that gave me more access to more sensitive, personal information and all that was needed was a basic background check. If you don't pass, you will lose your job regardless of how long you are working there.
Pros
Doesn't require previous call center experience, offers insurance
Cons
Reduced pay, the schedule, no real guidance
Good hours but pay could be better
Consultant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 24, 2014
Not great communication between your HR. Takes a while for them to respond. Pay cut does not make it worth working.
A good and fair employer with interesting work, while it lasts.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTAugust 23, 2012
I would recommend V-Tech Solutions as an employer. Wage and benefits were good and they treated me thoughtfully and fairly.

The only drawback is that they do government contract work, so the continuation of work depends on federal funding.

Good while it lasted, though.
Excellent employer
Contractor/ Call Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTJuly 29, 2012
The corporate office was well organized and always helpful with any questions or issues. They were a great company to work for.
Pros
great salary and benefits