VCOM, a leading provider of Smartphone/Tablet and PC device management, is seeking a Lead Systems Administrator (Linux/Windows). We are searching for dedicated and reliable candidates who have excellent spoken and written communication skills, extensive Linux and Windows Administration experience in an Enterprise Setting, and excellent trouble shooting ability. This position provides an opportunity for growth within a quickly expanding company in the Internet Services Industry.
- Monitor and Evaluate fleet performance and provide analysis/input on capacity, growth, and scalability planning.
- Assess and improve Nagios configuration to ensure comprehensive monitoring of Linux Fleet.
- Engineer and implement scripts directly contributing to fleet performance and stability.
- Draft and document best practice procedures.
- Follow and assess current and future software and systems technology to provide well-informed recommendations to management.
- Troubleshoot high-level systems and network issues on a daily basis, providing timely and thorough resolutions.
- Establish redundancy and failover systems
- Establish and maintain backups
- Act as a high-level resource for developers and Technical Support staff members.
- A four year degree in CS or the equivalent in education, training, and experience.
- 5-10 years of Linux and Windows Server Administration, preferably in an enterprise environment.
- Experience configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting solutions improving server performance and stability throughout both Windows 2008/2012 and Linux Server Fleets.
- Strong understanding of performance monitoring and tuning.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving ability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
This is a full-time position that is onsite in Calabasas, CA. We will consider only local, independent resumes from qualified candidates that meet the key requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer --- M/F/D/V
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard