VHA Inc., based in Irving, Texas, is a national health care provider alliance that provides an innovative approach to clinical improvement, industry-leading supply chain management services and supports the formation for regional and national networks to help members improve their clinical and economic performance. With 14 regional offices across the U.S., VHA has a track record of delivering proven results in serving 1,400 hospitals and more than 21,000 other health care providers.
Founded in 1977, we are dedicated to the success of not-for-profit, community-based health care. To help our members meet the needs of their communities, our mission is to improve members' clinical and economic performance. We deliver on our mission by providing industry-leading clinical improvement services, supply chain management services and facilitating the development of member networks to drive sustainable results.
This person will have primary responsibility for managing the overall product lifecycle for VHA's portfolio of solutions around supply chain operations, including source-to-settle analytical tools and supply chain operational consulting. This individual will report to the VP of Solution Management, but indirect accountability to the Business Unit Leaders of VHA.
The Product Management Senior Director will facilitate the development of solution strategies based upon the deep understanding of market and customer needs and prioritize opportunities for new development. This individual will lead a team of product managers responsible for defining and implementing the commercialization plans for the various solutions within the portfolio. This individual is responsible for directing the Solution delivery team in the execution of the day-to-day work related to commercialization of products as the team develops, launches, markets, sells, implements and manages the products within the portfolio.
- Work with Marketing, Sales, the Business Units and Field Offices to lead the development of the overall portfolio strategy and support the alignment of the sales and marketing plans with the overall business strategy.
- Understand market and customer needs to prioritize development opportunities into an overall solution roadmap.
- Manage product management staff responsible for developing commercialization plans for new and existing solutions consistent with the solution management processes.
- Oversee, direct and continuously improve the product development and product management processes for VHA.
- Manage and direct development investment dollars for product development and product management projects.
- Manage the product lifecycle for each of the assigned business lines from new product launch to product enhancements to end of life.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the business unit leaders and functional leaders responsible for delivery and support of the portfolio of offerings.
- Work with the solution business leaders to understand the investment levels in new product development, product strategy and sequencing of releases, communicating this information to VHA and managing expectations of senior management.
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters degree in business and/or healthcare is preferred.
- Minimum seven years' experience with healthcare supply chain management processes including contracting, procurement, inventory management, and accounts payable.
- Experience in consulting or fee-for-service improvement services is preferred
- Must be able to make decisions in an ambiguous business environment
- Proven ability to influence and manage cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experience managing customer expectations, handling group conflict, and adhering to self-established timelines
- Experience writing business plans and presentation of plans to management teams
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V