Job Description and Expectations
The Membership Director is responsible for membership sales activities at VIDA Fitness, including management of the sales team. These activities include daily membership sales, corporate/residential/preferred partner/general public membership prospecting, marketing-related activities, and Value Added Program sales: personal training, group programming, and spa services.
This position is a full-time position scheduled at a minimum of 45 hours per week. The Membership Director will report directly to the General Manager. This job description is not all-inclusive and all employees should refer to the Employee Handbook for further guidance. VIDA Fitness also reserves the right to modify this job description at any time with written notice to the employee
1) Manage the Membership Sales department and all Membership Consultants. This includes recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, development, and employee discipline in accordance with the following job functions.
2) Membership Sales - participate actively to recruit and retain members
- Follow the Membership Sales Policies & Procedures Manual
- Monthly Marketing Plan due by the 5th of each month – submit to GM
- Weekly prospecting list due to GM on Mondays
- Member Appreciation Days – coordinate all departments, activities, and vendors. Invite members and their guests at least one week prior to the event.
5 components of MAD include:
1) Food vendor, 2) Drink vendor, 3) DJ, 4) raffle, 5) class demo
- Community Events – setup tables at VIDA sponsored events
- Outside Networking – attend neighborhood association functions
- Corporate Prospecting – connect with every existing account and identify decision-maker for one new account at least once per month
- Attend & participate in all membership related events
3) Exceed individual and club monthly sales quotas
- Failure to achieve quota in 3 consecutive months is grounds for termination
- Keep detailed tracking sheets of prospects, sales, leads, and corporate contacts
- Keep list of Top 30 VIP Members.
4) Accept membership walk-ins & telephone inquiries according to the daily work schedule
5) Convert telephone inquiries to appointments
6) Have prospective members fill out the Guest Information Card and input into eClub immediately
7) Complete all membership paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
8) Schedule new members for vidafit session using Google Calendar
- Not before 48 hours without prior approval from the specific trainer
- Enter email, phone, first and last name of the client, name of the consultant
- After scheduling, email the trainer with any helpful notes that would help bridge the relationship between the sales consultant, client, and trainer.
9) Up-sell Value Added Program: Personal Training, Group Fitness, and Aura Spa services at point of sale
10) Recruit referrals at point of sale using the New Member Guest Privilege and Facebook Be My Guest Link
11) Record and send out Membership Recap at end of day with PAR figures, VIDAfit scheduling percentage, and VAP percentage
12) Obtain referrals from existing members & set up member referral table during peak times at least once per week
13) Ensure all marketing materials for club are properly displayed and up to date
14) Contact all members at 30/60/90 day points. Membership consultants should probe their members for general input and suggestions, constructive criticism, personal issues, new member referrals, facility usage, individual satisfaction, fitness goals, etc. All input should be reported to the General Manager.
15) Send thank you emails to prospective members within 24 hours of their appointment
16) Proactively market club to the outside community of businesses and residential buildings
17) Attend all required trainings and meetings and be on time
18) End of the Month Closeout Schedule: all membership consultants work the last three days of each month if they are not on pace to achieve their individual & club quotas
19) Sales consultants are not allowed to take vacation time in either January or September
20) Send out alumni checks during the last week of the month to former members and follow-up with phone calls on the 3rd of the new month
21) Schedule appointments for all guest passes and trial visits. Membership consultants hold ID during workout instead of the Front Desk.
22) Each MC will submit their daily tasks schedule the night before to their GM
- Outside Prospecting
- Residential/Corporate Account follow-up
- SBWA: introduce yourself to members you don’t know, but you see at the club frequently, always ask questions & seek constructive criticism (follow-up and resolving an issue will indirectly lead to referrals)
- Passes in Classes
- Member Referral Table
- Community Outreach
23) Setup member referral table during peak hours and MAD
- Multiple MC’s or with a personal trainer. Inform front desk to come get you or call you on your cell for walk-ins.
- Communicate member referral promotions and personal training promotion
- Give away VIDAfits and small prizes for referrals
24) Create spreadsheets for corporate/residential/preferred partner accounts and update weekly
25) Subscribe to the Washington Business Journal digital version and local blogs (Bisnow, Borderstan, Bitches Who Brunch, Prince of Petworth, Mount Vernon Triangle)
26) Find local events, health fairs, street festivals, etc. to promote VIDA
27) Identify networking functions to present opportunity to market to the VIDA membership base
28) Partner with non-profits on fundraisers & membership drives, and donate a portion of enrollment fees back to the organization
29) Approach doctors/medical providers about Preferred Partner Program and patient referrals
- We can market them to our clients and they can refer their patients to VIDA
- Look-up providers on the CareFirst, Aetna, Cigna, and United Healthcare websites based on proximity to your club as a strategy to generate a list of leads
- Invite specialists to have a table at our next MAD
- Go outside prospecting on K St between 15th and 22nd streets for the largest concentration of doctors, dentists, and physical therapists in the city…remember that the proximity of the medical provider to VIDA is not necessarily a determining factor as their patients live/work all over DC
Membership Sales Overview:
The Membership Director will be a primary point-of-contact for all walk-in leads and will be responsible for scheduling appointments and actively recruiting new members through referrals from existing members. The Membership Consultant must also be committed to prospecting and the initiation of corporate accounts/partnerships. This is reflected in the compensation plan as a primary earnings driver.
The Membership Director must actively communicate with local businesses and their employees to contribute to the Corporate Membership Program and advance the benefits of corporate wellness. The consultant is expected to identify, recruit, and establish new corporate accounts on a regular basis.
The Membership Director must follow-up with their corporate contacts on a monthly basis at their place of business and must communicate with the employees directly, as agreed upon in the Letter of Agreement establishing the account. As part of their duties, the Membership Consultant must touch base via phone monthly to communicate our new member and member referral promotions to their corporate contacts.
1) Employee Facility Use – eligible for a complimentary all access membership or $20/month Penthouse membership.
2) Paid Time Off – Availability is authorized for regular salaried employees according to years of service. Refer to the employee handbook for salaried employees for further information.
3) Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance – Salaried employees are eligible to enroll in VIDA’s Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance plan. Refer to the employee handbook for salaried employees for further information.