Vertical Knowledge is looking for a Network Engineer to join its network and architecture team. This person will be responsible for supporting VK’s corporate and production networks. Candidates will have a solid background in network infrastructure implementation and support. This person will need to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and deliver solutions across a complex network. Must be a collaborative team player that can help us scale our network as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution.
Plan, build, and maintain network data center infrastructure. Apply your knowledge in multiple network, systems, and storage technology areas to resolve application issues. Solve complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires both identifiable and intangible variables. Solve repeatable, manual processes programmatically by writing scripts or using automated tools. Provide technical knowledge within the network domain. Provide after hours, on-call network support. Optimize network infrastructure to provide enhanced availability and performance. Complete projects to support business initiatives.
- 3+ years relevant IT administration experience.
- Experience supporting and configuring Microsoft Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 servers.
- Experience supporting and configuring Linux servers: CentOS and Ubuntu.
- Experience supporting and configuring network storage devices.
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS: EC2, RDS, and S3.
- Experience with server virtualization: Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor, Amazon AWS.
- Experience performing server migrations: P2V, V2V, virtual to/from Amazon AWS.
- Experience writing automation scripts (Windows PowerShell, Perl, Python) to support job tasks: server snapshots, deployments, monitoring, backups, migrations, etc.
- Familiarity with the Amazon API: server snapshots, migrations, database services, etc.
- Familiarity with HA and DR configurations and best practices, clustering, load balancing, etc.
- Familiarity with internet technologies: IP numbering, routing, service proxying.
- Customer service experience required.
- Extensive special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software, hardware and network support for multiple users.
- Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Requires extensive analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions.
Education and Certifications
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent Two or more job related certifications are desired, such as CCNA, CWNA, Network+, etc…
Indeed - 13 months ago