Vertical Knowledge is changing the way enterprises, financial firms, security and government agencies collect, process and leverage data.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join its platform architecture team. This person will be responsible for development and evolution of VK’s technology platform infrastructure, including cloud computing and large scale distributed network components. Candidates will have a solid background in systems software development, including network and server virtualization technologies. This person will need to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and deliver solutions across the technology platform. Must be a collaborative team player that can help us scale our infrastructure as we expand, while driving complex issues to resolution.
Design, develop, and maintain platform computing infrastructure. Apply your knowledge in multiple computing technology areas to resolve system issues. Solve complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires both identifiable and intangible variables. Provide level 2 operational support to the platform infrastructure. Optimize infrastructure to provide enhanced availability and performance. Complete projects to support business initiatives.
Required Key Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience with proprietary and open source code.
- TCP/IP network programming experience. HTTP/HTTPS programming experience, including proxy protocols, RFC 2616 familiarity.
- Microsoft Visual C++ programming experience, including Windows sockets. Familiarity with Microsoft IOCP technology a plus.
- Server virtualization experience, eg: VMWare; Microsoft Hyper-V; Amazon AWS.
- Linux experience (command shell). Familiarity with open source proxy software packages such as squid a plus.
Education and Certifications
- BS degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 5+ years, or MS degree with 3+ years of experience.
More at www.VKCareers.com