Under supervision of the IT manager the Reporting Analyst is part of the Decision Support team and will participate in the reporting and analytics development, enhancements, and maintenance projects for both the clinical and business operations organization. As an integral member of the DS team, the candidate will work with project teams to design, develop and deploy reporting and analytics solutions required to support a variety of operational and clinical data business needs.
1. Primary Responsibilities:
a. A successful candidate will comply with standards and guidelines related to the requirement definition, design, construction, testing and deployment activities within the Report Development environments. A successful candidate will demonstrate collaborative skills working within a project team of diverse skills and will bring communication skills including oral, written and presentation skills, creativity, and problem solving skills to a challenging environment.
b. Perform reporting/analytics requirement definition, design, development, testing, and deployment activities effectively and efficiently while maintaining existing reports and developing new reports using the defined analytics toolset.
c. Communicate directly with the end user to fully understand the requirements and data models, then translate into report requirements and design processes that then become the reporting and analytics output. Also establish reasonable expectations for report delivery.
d. Follow defined life cycle development, configuration, and change management processes, track tasks, and maintain reporting source code in a configuration library.
e. Produce quality reporting and analytics code/products utilizing best practice methodology and technology as defined by the EDW/Reporting team.Agency application process support
2. Application Support Responsibilities:
a. Ensure defined best practices, standards, and guidelines are followed during report requirements, design & development.
b. Perform root-cause analysis and identify alternative solutions to resolve challenging problems, including production issues, efficiently and timely.
c. Collaborate with possible consulting report development team on shared development activities, production issue resolutions, and communication as needed.
d. Provide technical leadership and present BI reporting and analytic designs to report architecture review groups and peer review meetings to ensure report design and code meet performance requirements
e. Develop data and process flows and provide detailed development estimates as required as part of the report development process.
f. May also be directly or indirectly involved in EDI development related to data transfer inbound and outbound from Alignment including the direct interface development and associated EDI dashboards to ensure timeliness and quality
metrics are met for send/receive of data interfaces.
3. IT operational responsibilities
a. IT Project participation including: upgrades, enhancements, and replacements
b. Assists with disaster recovery planning and implementation
c. Promotes HIPAA and HITECH Compliance within all applications and systems
d. Maintains application licensing compliance
4. Performs other duties as assigned by IT Manager and IT Director
1. Specific knowledge of either or both Operations and Clinical processes, data structures, and requirements is mandatory: Operations - Professional and Hospital Claims, Authorization, Provider, Eligibility/Enrollment, Clinical, UM, labs, pharmacy.
2. Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience and detailed working knowledge of Microsoft BI technologies: SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, Performance Point Server.
3. Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in healthcare IT
4. Minimum 2 years’ experience in hands-on report development (utilizing Business Objects, SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports).
5. Minimum 1-2 years of direct experience in dashboard requirements, design, and development using tools such as Power Pivot for Excel.
6. Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a software development environment that included adherence to SDLC methodologies such as Agile or Waterfall; including a role as a systems, business, or reporting analyst during that time.
7. Experience with Business Intelligence/Reporting & Analytics tools a plus - Crystal Reports, SSRS, Business Objects.
8. Strong interpersonal, oral and written communications skills.