AutoCAD Utility Design Engineer will be part of the GIS support team that includes onsite and offshore staff. The GIS team is tasked primarily with supporting enterprise-level GIS applications and databases for electric utility business. Perform detailed design of overhead and /or underground electric distribution systems. This work includes the preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications, and estimates for review and approval by a Senior Designer or experienced design staff.
- Support Design and prepare independently, construction orders related to overhead, underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems applying the prescribed standards, guides, specification, and procedures.
- Maintain Rights of Way (easements) for proposed utility equipment.
- Apply the standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing layouts of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
- Prepare design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects.
- Assist in the performance of load studies on distribution transformers, investigate circuit overloads and voltage complaints to determine necessary corrective action.
- Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
- Shall have a working knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters
- Shall have development experience or would be able to help in development (LISP, ObjectARC, .Net) activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or a closely related field
- At least 5 years of experience in Electric Engineering, GIS, Esri’s ArcGIS Suite, AutoCAD, AutoDesk 2D/3D, LISP, ObjectArc, .Net,
- Ability to handle contacts with clients and other agencies in connection with project design responsibilities.
- Ability to follow prescribed standards and procedures.
- Shall have demonstrated leadership and technical capability to perform to job responsibilities.
Indeed - 7 months ago