Over 25 years of extensive expertise in the telecommunication engineering for the industrial, commercial, and military/DoD markets with comprehensive product design, system integration solutions including: software and hardware engineering.
Recent products include ATAs, VoIP servers and CPE, HPNA-based IPBXs, ATAs, video surveillance, voice and data RF devices, secure government devices, lawful interception software, medical devices, radios, beamforming, embedded modems, T.38 fax, FoIP, and RASoIP. Custom engineering designs are created from turnkey solutions to complete designs including hardware, software and integration into finished products.
We are seeking an experienced hardware engineer to provide senior-level embedded hardware development & engineering support.
- 5-7 years working knowledge of and experience with hardware development
- Schematic capture and circuit design using commercial software packages
- Creation of schematic symbols and layout footprints
- Layout of embedded circuit boards including technologies such as DSPs and microprocessors
- Digital, analog, and signal integrity simulation experience
- Interfacing with 3rd party manufacturing contractors for PCB manufacture, and test fixture creation
- Understanding of FCC, IEC, UL, CSA, and CE testing and compliance requirements
- Ability to rework and solder fine pitch SMT parts, run an oscilloscope and logic analyzer, and work closely with embedded engineers to debug new circuit boards
- Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions with minimal direction
- Familiar with full application development life-cycle for commercial hardware
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Create designs to meet design specifications
- Work within a dynamic, fast paced environment with time constraints
- Test and peer review for technical accuracy, standards, compliance to the design
- Documentation to see that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented
- Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Embedded C and Linux programming experience an asset
- Low power design and rugged use design experience an asset
VOCAL Technologies, Ltd.
In the Commons, at State University of New York at Buffalo
520 Lee Entrance
Amherst, NY 14228