We are expanding in both size and capabilities, resulting in our continuous pursuit of talented and motivated individuals to join our diverse and highly skilled team.
Over 25 years of extensive expertise in the telecommunication engineering for the military/DoD, industrial, and commercial markets with comprehensive product design, system integration solutions including: software and hardware engineering.
Recent products include ATAs, VoIP servers and CPE, HPNA-based IPBXs, ATAs, video surveillance, voice and data RF devices, secure government devices, lawful interception software, medical devices, radios, beamforming, embedded modems, T.38 fax, FoIP, and RASoIP. Custom engineering designs are created from turnkey solutions to complete designs including hardware, software and integration into finished products.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer to provide senior-level embedded software development, engineering & programming support.
- 5-7 years working knowledge of and experience with programming
- Strong knowledge of the programming languages C and C++
- Ability to analyze problems and identify solutions with minimal direction
- Familiar with full application development life-cycle for commercial software
- Development experience using UNIX, Linux and/or uCLinux system
- Experienced in multithreaded, near real time software development
- Experienced user of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Create code to meet design specifications
- Test and peer review code for technical accuracy, standards, compliance to the design.
- Documentation to see that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science/Computer Engineering with engineering/math
- Experience with SIP protocols, networking (TCP/IP), IPSec, OpenSSL and/or VoIP
- DSP software development and Assembly language programming
VOCAL Technologies, Ltd.
In the Commons, at State University of New York at Buffalo
520 Lee Entrance
Amherst, NY 14228
Indeed - 30+ days ago
VOCAL Technologies, Ltd., founded in 1986, is dedicated to providing software and hardware solutions under license for voice, video, data an...