VRP firmly believes that our employees are the heart of our success. Through team work, dedication, and VRP guidelines, our employees thrive individually and as a whole. This position description is designed to outline primary duties and qualifications, but not limit one to specified duties, to insure individual and group success.
Working as part of our marketing team, this position will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the user experience and improving conversion for VRP’s three consumer e-commerce websites (Health Resources, True Health, and Vitamin Research Products) and content website (Whole Health Insider).
- Performs quality assurance to ensure accuracy of websites on daily basis. This includes price, discounts, special offers, shipping, inventory availability and verification of content. Responsible for reviewing, correcting and facilitating fixes.
- Execute testing and optimization of home page, product page and landing page content to improve user experience and increase conversion rates using Google Analytics Web Optimizer
- Effectively enhance and manage product and category merchandising efforts. Including product sorting, categorization, customer groups/custom content, cross sells & up sells, search refinements, automated features and product attributes.
- Manage item creation process of new products to the website, write new and modify existing product descriptions, update pricing. Update content pages as necessary, including coordinating and facilitating outside creative and regulatory resources. Creates and maintains product data and attributes through data entry into CMS.
- Maintain E-Commerce web inventory and messaging.
- Execute on-site merchandising programs as defined by Marketing team, including but not limited to banners, promotional messaging and related products.
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, and annual program reporting and analysis, resulting in actionable items to increase sales and margin.
- Update newsletter sites and prepare content emails for broadcast
- Monitor and maintain online consumer reviews
- Assist in the testing and implementation of site merchandising programs, technologies, and activities.
- Support SEO and hierarchical tagging and optimization of digital assets.
- Support email promotions as necessary
- Bachelors degree required
- 2+ years of online merchandising experience, supplement industry experience a plus
- Highly motivated, resourceful, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to create relationships and work cross functionally
- Ability to analyze and package results leading to actionable recommendations
- Fluency in MS Windows and Office suite
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- On call 24/7 for break/fix and willing to perform after-hours testing as necessary
- Experience working with e-commerce platforms or content management systems, especially Magento
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver
- Experience with Google Optimizer or similar A/B testing tool such as Omniture’s Test & Target
- Experiance with graphic manipulation tools such as Photoshop
- Vision, hearing and speaking to meet performance standard.
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Required to use keyboard and mouse to navigate software programs for long periods.
- The ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Requires ability to work in a typical office environment with moderate noise levels.