VRSim is seeking a full time software developer/programmer to work in the creation of virtual reality training applications. As a member of a small team, work closely with Software Engineers, Programmers and Artists, and report to the Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Participate in research, feature and implementation design, development, testing, and debugging of applications that utilize graphical user interfaces, visualizations and/or peripheral hardware for virtual reality training products.
- Have a BS in Computer Science, Game Development or closely related fields
- Proven success working as member of a team as well as working independently with minimal direction
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize
- Strong programming, testing, and debugging skills
- One or more years of professional experience programming preferred. Exceptional programmers with no professional experience will be considered.
- Solid understanding of C++ required (Windows)
- Demonstrated experience in programming real time 3D applications, using visualization libraries, interfacing with peripheral hardware, and/or creating user interfaces is a plus.
- Skills in some or all desirable:
- OpenSceneGraph, Torque, Unity
- Knowledge of GPUs, DirectX, OpenGL, and shading languages like Cg and HLSL
- Windows platform; Linux platform is a plus