Vacasa Employee Reviews

Wonderful experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CAOctober 29, 2017
Great people and job to work for always there to help when help is needed or behind on work great pay and great benefits any family issues they work around to help you out if you can’t make it
Idiots
Linen specialist (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNOctober 24, 2017
Poor management, will do anything to save themselves even if someone else has to take the fall. Have favorites and unrealistic goals for new employees. No schedules, working 6 days a week in unbearable conditions.
Management Communication
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTAugust 21, 2017
Lack of communication with management. There expectations are high with no guidelines of direction from a company standpoint. Working with house keepers, owner expectations, billing, monthly statements, maintenance, and all aspects of property management.
Pros
Benifits
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  North Coast, OregonAugust 20, 2017
Vacasa is a great company to work for....I'm glad to have found such a great job that fits my fast paced lifestyle. Everyone is incredibly helpful and friendly. That's the best part. 😁 I love working independently and setting my own goals and challenges. The managers and staff are very responsive and work hard to keep staff satisfied even in stressful situations.
Best place I've ever worked and I've had allot of dead end jobs. There is plenty of room to grow and advance within the company.
The folks who started this company are geniuses and they certainly deserve everything they earned. If your looking to go beyond the beyond this is the job for you.
Pros
Flexibility
Horrible Work Place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJuly 14, 2017
They are horrible. DO NOT go to Human Resources they wont help you. Also they delete your hours worked and wont pay overtime. The managers are jerks. I do not recommend working here.
Being Your A Game
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 11, 2017
Those who work hard and know how to balance work and life are successful at Vacasa. I've had a tremendous amount of opportunity over the past three years. Working with Vacasa has been the most challenging (in a good way) and rewarding career experiences of my life. Bring your A game to work everyday and you will go far at Vacasa!
Pros
Remote work environment. Lack of micromanagement
Cons
Frequent changes in process, so keep on your toes and you will be fine.
Terrible company
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 7, 2017
Every aspect of the company is lies. They recruit with a decent wage. Overstaff, do not communicate with property owners, do not manage properties appropriately, zero communication to employees in the field. I have spoken with the owner personally... very nice man with a great vision for the company, but the expansion and actual growth of the company has left it without guidance and support. Working for this company should have been an opening to a terrific career and instead ended in complete disappointment. Vacasa is a sham from all sides-employee/property owner/customer.
Pros
Cons
Complete failure of all professional integrity
Squandered Potential
A Job (Current Employee) –  OregonMay 31, 2017
What I love about this job is also what i hate. I am left alone to do my job, so no micromanaging. But I haven't had any interactions with my boss in 5 months. None. Zero. Zilch. So you have zero guidance. Trying to get ahold of boss is useless. No answers. Expect to work lots of hours and be on call for anything. Culture seems to be supportive a d awesome in the Portland office. If you are in the field (which is most employees) you will be treated poorly.
Pros
Flexible scheduling. Work from home occasionaly.
Cons
No guidance. No career advancements
Great Company
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 23, 2017
Loved working for this company. Management is great. A little disappointment after finding out about last minute layoffs. Other than that, there's not much to complain about.
Nepotism runs rampant
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  UtahJanuary 23, 2017
There is no growth. There is no support. There is no help from the management. They don't take proper care of the properties. They treat the housekeeping staff horribly. There is no time off, no scheduling. Even if you do give them a schedule it is ignored. The LOMs care about themselves and not the team.

Growth is a joke. Promises are a joke. Hours are messed with in the system. Also, having an outside contractor take jobs from inside housekeeping is wrong.

The website never works. The app never works.
You cannot get any information out of corporate. In fact they terminated my insurance benefits due to low hours (they claimed it was an unusual lull in rentals). Not true at all!!
I tried to cobra my benefits and after a month and a half finally found out that they gave me the incorrect paperwork.
Pros
Cons
Everything listed above.
Great Team To work with
Seasonal Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 26, 2016
Loved my time at Vacasa, though it was only seasonal I really liked the people I worked with directly and indirectly. They also keep a nice snack shelf stocked in the office.
This is the worst company I have ever worked for . I have nothing good to say about them.
Lead Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Seaside, OregonDecember 4, 2016
The company is looking out for the owners family and friends. Everybody else gets disrespected and treated very poorly. I do not recommend working for them .
Beware of promises
Local Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTNovember 26, 2016
The typical day of work in this position is 24/7/365 with little or no support. The company will promise support and training, but that training method is information posted on a 'learning center' and most did not apply to my region.

The pay is good, but you have to be prepared to sacrifice a GREAT DEAL of you family time and life in general to be successful.
Cons
Lack of management support.
Productive and a great work environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Seaside, ORNovember 22, 2016
Great company to work for. Provides everything you need to do your job.
Team work
Good hours
Communication excellent
Paid holidays
Benefits
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Lack of hours in winter months
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bandon, ORNovember 16, 2016
A typical day at work entailed cleaning vacation rental properties. I learned how to clean these big houses in a timely & professional manner. The management was not so great with this company as some of them didn't know what was going on and didn't have the proper line of communication with its employees.
Pros
Individuality
Cons
Management has no communication
Growing company
Staff Photographer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 22, 2016
Growing east coast vacation rental company. Lots of Flexibility, lots of learning. Great job culture and supportive management.
Productive and a workplace is a fun environment.
JR REVENUE ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 28, 2016
Productive and a workplace is a fun environment. A fairly new company that is growing quickly, so things are constantly changing. A great place for someone who loves constant changes.
Pros
Free lunches, donuts, benefits
Unethical / Be Very Careful working for Vacasa
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 6, 2016
Vacasa continues to advertise for different positions in remote areas that state that it starts out as part time and you will 'grow with the company'. The pay changes, the job description changes and it all seems convoluted and unorganized. The reason it that is exactly how Vacasa does business. No organization, poor management, low pay, promised benefits and promotions that never happen and unethical owners.
I worked for Vacasa in one of these remote areas. I was hired for one job and ended up doing two jobs. Vacasa laid me off and called me literally within 72 hours saying I should have been offered a contractors position not been "totally laid off". The reason??? They would get out of benefits, commission and base pay if I was a contractor. Not to mention the company went into a panic realizing they has left the area with NO local management (a promise to homeowners) and NO local housekeepers (another broken promise to homeowners). I refused their kind offer of a consultant position and would not touch them with a ten foot pool. Come to find out this is a common practice with Vacasa and I was one of MANY employees this happened to.
Research Vacasa prior to dealing with this company. You have been warned.
Pros
Independent Position
Cons
Low pay, unethical, bad benefits, no work life balance, no mileage reimbursement
A great experience
Guest Services/ Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAAugust 31, 2015
Although I left the company prematurely to assist in a family matter, it was a great experience in facilitating great vacations. The southern California territory was still a new area for the Oregon-based company, so there were a few roadblocks that I feel I could have helped smooth out if I had stayed. Having the operations manager who hired me leave the company two weeks after hiring me was a little difficult and made things a little more disorganized than they had to be.
Pros
Knowing I was making a positive difference, facilitating a great vacation
Cons
No co-workers, a lack of understand of the Southern California culture from corporate, not nearly as many hours as promised during hiring
Very Caring about their Employes
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Newport, ORAugust 13, 2015
Vacasa is a company that really cares about their employee's. They made sure to take car of my needs and to help me find ways to better my work ethics and make the job easier.
Pros
Willing to work with employees
Cons
Seasonal type of job based off of vaction rentals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vacasa. Our community is ready to answer.